Instapot - Bird Safe?

LauraC

Aug 27, 2017
Southern California
Parrots
Fuji - Moustache Parakeet 6 yrs Old
I just got an Instapot as a gift. It will be delivered tomorrow. I was trying to look online to see what the Instapot was made of to make sure it is bird safe.

Does anyone have this appliance? What are the material components?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
My brother-in-law uses something like this when he visits and it makes me very anxious (but it isn't an Instapot...it is something else). I am not sure about the specifics, but you are certainly right to consider that it could contain teflon. If you don't hear from anyone on the forum, I would just call...I know...such a pain.

If you have the model etc, it might be easier for people to compare any they might have to the one you are getting.
You are talking about the water-boiling device, right?

Jun 16, 2018
New Jersey
Parrots
Eclectus- "Junior" & Parrotlet- "Kittles"
Instant pot is safe. I use mine all the time and have had no issues at all, and I also remember researching last year to see if there were any PFOAs/PFTE used in producing it and feeling confident it was safe (I also worry about those chemicals around my kids and avoid them at all costs!) so I wouldn’t worry and enjoy your new instant pot! It takes a little getting used to but besides one-pot meals it comes in handy for perfectly steamed veggies too!! :)

Most Reactions