Is my Female performing mating calls?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think sheā€™s just talking.

I havenā€™t had a girl cockatiel in a long time but the sort of whiny calls my bird did when in that mood were long and repetitive. These are short cute noises.

Now I donā€™t know if sheā€™s making her back flat and her tail and butt up in the air when you pet her? Thatā€™s soliciting mating and would suggest youā€™re doing something that confuses and excites her.

OP
A

Amalie

Apr 18, 2022
Parrots
I have on female cockatiel.
It's either baby sounds(some adults make baby sounds) or your typical female mating behaviour.

@HeatherG?
I think sheā€™s just talking.

I havenā€™t had a girl cockatiel in a long time but the sort of whiny calls my bird did when in that mood were long and repetitive. These are short cute noises.

Now I donā€™t know if sheā€™s making her back flat and her tail and butt up in the air when you pet her? Thatā€™s soliciting mating and would suggest youā€™re doing something that confuses and excites her.
She doesnā€™t appear to be lifting or presenting under her tail to me at all. This is my first bird so Iā€™m learning. Iā€™m careful to never touch anywhere except her head area. Thanks for the input!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
She doesnā€™t appear to be lifting or presenting under her tail to me at all. This is my first bird so Iā€™m learning. Iā€™m careful to never touch anywhere except her head area. Thanks for the input!
Sheā€™s a pretty little bird! Cockatiels can be so sweet. Iā€™m glad you have such a nice pet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts