Is my Female performing mating calls?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think she’s just talking.

I haven’t had a girl cockatiel in a long time but the sort of whiny calls my bird did when in that mood were long and repetitive. These are short cute noises.

Now I don’t know if she’s making her back flat and her tail and butt up in the air when you pet her? That’s soliciting mating and would suggest you’re doing something that confuses and excites her.

OP
A

Amalie

Apr 18, 2022
Parrots
I have on female cockatiel.
It's either baby sounds(some adults make baby sounds) or your typical female mating behaviour.

@HeatherG?
I think she’s just talking.

I haven’t had a girl cockatiel in a long time but the sort of whiny calls my bird did when in that mood were long and repetitive. These are short cute noises.

Now I don’t know if she’s making her back flat and her tail and butt up in the air when you pet her? That’s soliciting mating and would suggest you’re doing something that confuses and excites her.
She doesn’t appear to be lifting or presenting under her tail to me at all. This is my first bird so I’m learning. I’m careful to never touch anywhere except her head area. Thanks for the input!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
She doesn’t appear to be lifting or presenting under her tail to me at all. This is my first bird so I’m learning. I’m careful to never touch anywhere except her head area. Thanks for the input!
She’s a pretty little bird! Cockatiels can be so sweet. I’m glad you have such a nice pet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts