is she an orange winged amazon or a blue fronted

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
the owner says she is a blue fronted but i am wondering if she is an orange winged because of the yellow patch on her forehead? Anyone know?
Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 11.20.10.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 11.20.10.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 11.20.10.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 93
OP
elsaandnori

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
Yes as already stated above you have a beautiful Orange Wing Amazon.
haha she's not mine yet! i have to go see her first, Which is a 2 and a half hour plane ride away! she is up for sale and i am looking for an amazon so i have to go see her!

Last edited:
OP
elsaandnori

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
oh and one more thing! would it be ok to have an orange winged and a blue fronted together? or does it depend on the birds theirselves not the species? i would have both females and they would be in separate cages, but could they get on? i am planning on free flying them and one of the reasons i am getting two is so they feel more confident flocking together rather than flying on their own, and as well as they would have a companion other than me.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
oh and one more thing! would it be ok to have an orange winged and a blue fronted together? or does it depend on the birds theirselves not the species? i would have both females and they would be in separate cages, but could they get on? i am planning on free flying them and one of the reasons i am getting two is so they feel more confident flocking together rather than flying on their own, and as well as they would have a companion other than me.
It is ok

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The fact that they are different species is not an issue.
My orange wing amazon was paired up with a Red lored Amazon.
But.... there is no Guarente that any two birds will get along.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Being very ambitious with these 2 parrots, aren't we? Flying 2 at the same time, how do you propose to keep a close eye on both at the same time. All it takes is a SPLIT second for something to scare them and pssstt, off they go, in 2 different directions.

OP
elsaandnori

elsaandnori

Jun 4, 2021
Being very ambitious with these 2 parrots, aren't we? Flying 2 at the same time, how do you propose to keep a close eye on both at the same time. All it takes is a SPLIT second for something to scare them and pssstt, off they go, in 2 different directions.
don't worry i have a mentor who is very experienced with free flight. I am not rushing into this and have been researching and preparing for them for months. I won't be going on flys on my own, at least one other person will come with me so there are two sets of eyes on the both of them. Thank you though i can see why you would be concerned!

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
don't worry i have a mentor who is very experienced with free flight. I am not rushing into this and have been researching and preparing for them for months. I won't be going on flys on my own, at least one other person will come with me so there are two sets of eyes on the both of them. Thank you though i can see why you would be concerned!
Please keep us updated! I'd love to follow your journey! Are you in the states? Because I recently saw an ad for a blue front.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yes its just concern that I mention it. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts