Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
So I have had my green cheeked conure, Maddox, for almost three weeks now and he is doing wonderfully. He quickly became the family bird and loves just about everyone. I was watching a documentary that included jungle noises like birds chirping and Maddox went crazy with his squawking. I thought it was hilarious so every now and then I play bird noises and he seems to sing along. I guess I don't know if this is a good thing or not. It seems to stimulate him but I'm not sure if it might be stressful. Any thoughts?

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I can only guess that it's excitement. My GCC does the same thing when he sees or hears birds outside, he calls out to them, dances around, and generally gets very excited (or scared?). I tend to think it's excitement and not fear, because sometimes he'll see a hawk and then he gives a screech and flaps madly around and that is clearly, obviously fear and a very different reaction.
I think this time of year our fids are also particularly hormonal, it's breeding season, so they are extra interested in getting attention from other birds.

Misty1133

Mar 25, 2022
Parrots
“Mango” Pineapple Conure
Oh my can I understand this!!! I’ve had Mr. Mango for 2 weeks now. We live in the country and every morning he hears oodles of birds outside & totally loses his mind!!! I’m a new bird owner & have no idea what I’m doing. Lol. Some days he seems a little more comfy, but others he hides in the back of his cage & acts scared too death. Any tips on how you got Maddox comfy in 3 weeks are extremely welcome!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts