IMG_20230214_143836.jpg
Im starting to wonder if this is as 'hormonal' as Papi gets lol

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
More likely wants a head or neck scratched.

In the Northern Hemisphere we are moving out of Hormonal Season for our larger Parrots (like Amazons) and in the Southern Hemisphere we are entering the very early days of Fall (pre-hormonal season).

OP
D

DKay& Papi

Nov 23, 2022
Parrots
BFA/RLA?
More likely wants a head or neck scratched.

In the Northern Hemisphere we are moving out of Hormonal Season for our larger Parrots (like Amazons) and in the Southern Hemisphere we are entering the very early days of Fall (pre-hormonal season).
Yeah he has yet to show any "hormonal behaviors" I've only read about. Idk if him being 18 yrs old has anything to do with it or not. It's funny that I first noticed him leaning on this toy bird on Valentine's Day and he continues to do so in his quiet times lol

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Amazons be the weirdest. In or out of mating season, Salty likes to use the edge of his stainless steel bell to lightly scratch the top of his head. And his mating season is more of the bitey type rather then the humping type.

OP
D

DKay& Papi

Nov 23, 2022
Parrots
BFA/RLA?
Amazons be the weirdest. In or out of mating season, Salty likes to use the edge of his stainless steel bell to lightly scratch the top of his head. And his mating season is more of the bitey type rather then the humping type.
It was in October that I adopted Papi and have yet to see any type of hormonal behaviors and he isn't aggressive whatsoever. He is 18 years old and I'm wondering if they tend to mellow by this age or am I just lucky that he is like he is 😊

OP
D

DKay& Papi

Nov 23, 2022
Parrots
BFA/RLA?
I love this photo of your Papi! If you zoom in on the head and neck feathers you can see their fine, delicate structure clear as day!
Yeah! It almost looks like some type of fern, pretty cool

Most Reactions

Latest posts