It only took 10 years...

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Hello
sometimes it may take time, i see he repeats my wife's voice more than mine...i have been trying to get him to say "Daddy's Good Boy" but never even tries:)))) he does speak several words in Lithuanian as my wife will speak to him in Lithuanian if he is bad boy, like grabbing her eyeglasses
My cleaner was round this week and yep you guessed it, twice he said love you .. one was definitely to her the other was just as I walked in the room.(He is not very clear) he adores the cleaner and will chatter in her ear as she goes around, something he doesnā€™t do to me.
I call her his girlfriend he is trying to woo.

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
My cleaner was round this week and yep you guessed it, twice he said love you .. one was definitely to her the other was just as I walked in the room.(He is not very clear) he adores the cleaner and will chatter in her ear as she goes around, something he doesnā€™t do to me.
Hello I did notice that Moses seems to like some people better than others but basically he loves visitors and likes every one (except noisy grandchildren:)))

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-29 at 23.32.38_f8481bac.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-29 at 23.32.38_f8481bac.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 4

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Hello I did notice that Moses seems to like some people better than others but basically he loves visitors and likes every one (except noisy grandchildren:)))
hi Cowboy, yes solo is the same. He generally loves visitors.. preferring the ladies and isnt too bothered to go and say hello to the men. Though we did have one guy come round he has a beard and is a heavy set guy, yet he flew straight over to sit on him, funny thing is our old cat used to do this too. There must be some kind of aura he gives off.
when my cleaner comes, itā€™s like I donā€™t even exist. He wonā€™t step off her shoulder, all he does is climb there and chortle sweetly in her ear. I have to bribe him to leave her aloneā€¦ yet if she goes to pick up something that belongs to us or dust it etc, he will jump off, turn around and get fairly angry guarding it From her. I just couldnā€™t believe the little rotter
said I love you to her & not me šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_7935.jpeg
    IMG_7935.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 4

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Since right after we got Ekko, he started calling my husband 'Dad". I have said 'Mom' literally thousands of times to him and the other birds, but not a one would say it. Justice had tried but didn't have enough time to perfect it before we lost him.

Well, tonight I was downstairs with the birds out, and I was holding Ekko as we danced around and sang. When the song went off we sat down and Ekko reached over and put his beak close to my face and I thought he said it, but Charley was screaming his fool head off so I wasn't sure. Next Ekko backed his head up and looked straight in my face, very clearly said 'Mom' and then gave me a kiss.
What a fantastic moment, and more than worth the wait ā¤ļø

Ekko Tax:)

full
That's so cool šŸ˜Ž

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
I say I love you lots to my boy, he has never said it back , but he does squeak or do 3 clicks as a reply sometimes. I so hope my Ekkie will eventually say it.
Someday he will say it I hope, i have been trying to have Moses says "Daddy's good boy" he doesn't seem to be interested, now he does speak almost always with my wife's voice and she says I Love You Daddy in her voice:) Whats with these clicking, Moses seems to do this sometimes especially in the evening when he gets ready for "Sleeping Time" which he knows what that means and he will come down to me and i take him to his nightime cage:)

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-17-15-12-29-479.jpg
    IMG_2024-01-17-15-12-29-479.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 2

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
My Ekkie if heā€™s anywhere near a water dish will bathe in it every time I vacuum & fling water everywhere. Itā€™s so adorable, but it sure does make a huge mess.

Most Reactions