It's Official!!!

lgallagher

Oct 16, 2022
Media
Parrots
Conure: Edward Van Halen (Hatched 03.2022)
We just got word back from the vet......my baby Eddie is boy!!! So excited!!

Attachments

• Eddie 11.17.2022.jpg
    Eddie 11.17.2022.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 42

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Eddie is an Eddie and not an Eggie.

I’m quite sure Willow is a boy but beginning to think Jasper is a girl. Jasmine? Jazzie? Jaspabel?
I was totally convinced my little RLA was a girl. When the vet called to go over the blood work and said he was a male. I was like wait what are you sure...LOL

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Eddie is an Eddie and not an Eggie.

I’m quite sure Willow is a boy but beginning to think Jasper is a girl. Jasmine? Jazzie? Jaspabel?
We assumed that Jasper as a boy because Jasper was so territorial that Jasper was rehomed to me. Jasper was going to go kick the macaw’s butt which would’ve ended badly.

Now I notice that Jasper has a low amount of yellow on forehead and does some hen-type begging and solicitation behaviors towards me. A couple weeks ago I felt Jasper’s bottom and found that the pelvic bones have almost enough room to put my finger between. That works for a hen but not a cock.

I have figured out how NOT to get bitten and I think that Jasper is just fearful or anxious and not aggressive. I am a bit worried about having a girl bird though as I hate egg problems and don’t want to deal with that at all.

Most Reactions