It's official...

Tanglwood02

Mar 27, 2023
Media
Albums
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
One Goffins cockatoo. I would love more but she hates other birds!
Sugar is a girl. UGH. I am only saying UGH because of the hormones. It does seem that she isn't as hormonal as she was earlier in the week. She isn't screeching as much and isn't as "angry" so I am hoping that she is getting thru it.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Congratulations, it's a girl! No worries, the boys get every bit as hormonal as the girls, maybe more so. It's just a little different, and of course you don't have to worry about laying eggs with the boys, but wow, challenging. Fortunately, it passes, and we get back to our happy birdies. :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Congrats! And yeah, female hormonal behavior isn't any worse or better then a males. And all mating behavior is unique with each parrot and each season is different. Here in the Northern hemisphere, in the US and Canada, a lot of Amazons are having a protracted and strong mating season. Last 2 prior were pretty mild, at least they were with Salty and I.

The thing to always keep in mind when hormones kick in is that this too shall pass. Your buddy will come out the other side of it!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations on knowing that beautiful Sugar is a girl!
I agree with saxguy and wrench, my males are just as hormonal as my females. Luckily, I've only had one prolific egg layer in my females.

Most Reactions

Latest posts