jardine parrots and other birds

oliverakion

Nov 14, 2023
Parrots
Blue, Berry (sibling lovebirds)
hi everyone! im oliver, i live in greece. i got two sibling lovebirds back in may, blue and berry. lately, i have been doing some research on jardine parrots, since im very interested in getting one as well. i live in a relatively big house, so space is not an issue. i have figured out most of the stuff i need to do if i get one, but i cant find any information on how jardine parrots do with other animals/parrots. my lovebirds grew up together so they are bonded, but the jardine will be hand fed and raised alone. i know the basics of introduction and i know that lovebirds tend to get aggressive and that not all birds are the same blah blah.
tldr: do jardines usually do well with other birds? thanks in advance!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
hi everyone! im oliver, i live in greece. i got two sibling lovebirds back in may, blue and berry. lately, i have been doing some research on jardine parrots, since im very interested in getting one as well. i live in a relatively big house, so space is not an issue. i have figured out most of the stuff i need to do if i get one, but i cant find any information on how jardine parrots do with other animals/parrots. my lovebirds grew up together so they are bonded, but the jardine will be hand fed and raised alone. i know the basics of introduction and i know that lovebirds tend to get aggressive and that not all birds are the same blah blah.
tldr: do jardines usually do well with other birds? thanks in advance!
It's very hard to generalize about whether one species of bird will "get along" with another, or even with their own species. You need to keep any new bird I it's own cage of course and introduce it to you other birds slowly keeping in mind that they may never really like each other. A bonded pair of lovebirds will probably want to keep to themselves. I doubt they would want to be "friends" with any other birds.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It's very hard to generalize about whether one species of bird will "get along" with another, or even with their own species. You need to keep any new bird I it's own cage of course and introduce it to you other birds slowly keeping in mind that they may never really like each other. A bonded pair of lovebirds will probably want to keep to themselves. I doubt they would want to be "friends" with any other birds.
Definitely keep all dogs and cats away from your birds!

OP
oliverakion

oliverakion

Nov 14, 2023
Parrots
thats true, i will of course keep them in separate cages, but i wanna know if i should even keep them in different rooms if it stresses them out or something

OP
oliverakion

oliverakion

Nov 14, 2023
Parrots
i am very aware of that and i have no issues whatsoever, i just dont want them having issues yaknow

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
It is impossible to predict what your flock dynamics will change into, when adding a new parrot. We have seen on here birds that reject the humans for the new addition, birds that love you and hate the others, and on and on, with every possible variation. You can never tell. Its not a species thing.

Most Reactions