Jeff is looking for a new home

jane_l

Oct 17, 2018
London, UK
Parrots
two lovebirds, Pearl & Jeff Bridges
Hi everyone, I hope you are all well and coping ok in these weird times.

I am posting with a heavy heart, because I find myself needing to re-home my gorgeous peachfaced lovvie Jeff Bridges (I know, the name is silly!)

His mate, Pearl, passed away about 10 days ago and Jeff is now sadly on his own. Pearl was nearly 13 years old, and had good innings, but Jeff is feeling a little lost without her. I am not sure I can take on another lovebird at this stage - I always told myself I?d find Jeff a new home when Pearl went on.

He is 7 years old (I've had him all that time), DNA-ed male (I have a certificate somewhere!) and is only semi tame. We always let him be as tame as he wanted, and he decided that fingers just weren?t his thing. He will sit on your hand, arm or shoulder, and I am teaching him to ?step up? which he will do for a seed treat. He?s just not into kissing or close contact or cuddles. However, I do think he could be persuaded over time ;)

He?s super gentle, he never bites. He?s loud (of course) but very sweet, interested in everything, and a real character as lovebirds tend to be. He?s in really lovely condition, and is very healthy as far as I can tell - he has never needed a serious visit to the vets or any medication.

I have masses of toys, ropes, bowls, a very big cage, plus some smaller cages, and lots of food (mixed seed treats, nutriberries, Harrison?s pellets).

I?d ideally love him to go to a home which has another male as his companion, rather than a female who he?d breed with (he and Pearl did a lot of nesting, but I stopped them from hatching eggs as I didn?t want to add to the already saturated market of pet birds). However, I?m willing to consider anything so long as he goes to the right home.

He's lived with a dog so knows about all of that - my dog doesn't want anything to do with him!

We are in East London, but are willing to travel anywhere in the UK if it means finding the right home for little Jeff 💚

Let me know if you can help.

(I have a bunch of pics of Jeff, I am just not sure how to post them!)

Thank you

Jane x

:rainbow1:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Jane, please accept my deepest condolences for your loss of Pearl. Birds absolutely feel loss and I know you'll give Jeff a bit more TLC. Sorry you must re-home him, hopefully to a new location where he can be safe and happy.

We have members in the UK, perhaps you'll find a match. Easiest way to post images is via free hosting site such as Imgur: http://www.parrotforums.com/technical-support/6287-how-post-pictures-6.html#post718293

Members have limited forum server memory allocated for pictures. Click the "paper clip" icon (to right of smileys) in grey control panel above text box of a post and a small window opens. Click "Choose File" to access device photo library, click desired image. Click "Upload" at right, repeat process with multiple images. Green band at top progressively becomes red as memory is used. When finished, click "Close this window" at upper right of box, compete post as desired.

Another alternative is post from a url using yellow square icon depicting mountain, also in control panel. Click icon, rectangular box opens above, enter url and click "OK."

OP
J

jane_l

Oct 17, 2018
London, UK
Parrots
Thank you Scott! will try to post some pics x :rainbow1:

OP
J

jane_l

Oct 17, 2018
London, UK
Parrots
KbuKvmq.jpg

2VnQgU2.jpg

37gukkw.jpg

54DbQ4J.jpg

dHEPhye.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
I am so sorry for your and Jeff's loss, I have a Pearl as well. Luvy and Pearl share an incredible. Pearl's owner found me via a craigslist post( I posted a wanted ad saying I was looking for a companion for Luvy).Sending a prayer that Jeff finds a wonderful companion to help you both recover from Pearl's loss and to help fill Jeff's void.

Most Reactions