Jet is home

Juliejet

Jan 25, 2014
Sydney AU
Parrots
Red tail Black Cockatoo
Well jet is home and we are both happy he only is doing a little crying but not begging which I'm really happy with.I'm just not responding to the cries he loves his new play stand lots of things to do on it so as for eating he seems to nibble a lot of the greens loves the nuts I have made for him on leather strips with lots of other things to chew some pics I finely took he doesn't seem to have any probs with all the things on it he adjusts to change really well.i love him so much lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 147
OP
J

Juliejet

Jan 25, 2014
Sydney AU
Parrots
Red tail Black Cockatoo
I can't seem to ad more than 1 pic to a post is this normal ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 130

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Can't help with the technical issue, but I wanted to say Jet is gorgeous! I'm glad he's home and doing better.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jet is gorgeous! I am so happy he is home and seems to be doing well:)

OP
J

Juliejet

Jan 25, 2014
Sydney AU
Parrots
Red tail Black Cockatoo
Well the honeymoon period is over lol had to go to work for a few hrs been home for a hr and all he does is cry when he sees me he has every thing he could ask for begged a few times but I just ignore that while he is playing and chewing he does it he is in the lounge room with us any suggestion would be grateful if it's like before he went into what I call rehab he will continue all the time should I move him to another room where he can't see me but I don't want to do that the vet said he started to do that the last few days when someone went in the room or pasted the room I don't feel it for food cause he has plenty if he chooses to eat it if I go to him all the time it's like I'm reenforcing it I just don't know what to do feeling helpless

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
As long as he is eating, I would just ignore his cries. But do check his weight on a daily basis to make sure he is eating. If he's starting to lose weight again by not eating then you have no choice but to hand feed him. I know how badly the cries will get to you especially if your in the same room with him. It might be wise to move him into a separate room but leave music or tv on in that room for him to be in. Just for the time being until he stops crying.

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
Have you asked the breeder? Have you seen him eat? He is a baby, I don't see what's wrong with loving on him. But then again, I don't own a cockatoo.

OP
J

Juliejet

Jan 25, 2014
Sydney AU
Parrots
Red tail Black Cockatoo
Mikey I will weigh him ,I have to get a scale tomorrow ,Kim Kim no I haven't because I got him from a pet shop I was going to ring pet shop but I don't think that will get me any where ,Jet is eating enough to get him by ,the last couple of hrs he has been crying only 90% of the time so that's progress ,it's hard cause I want to interact with him more but he just starts again so every 20 mins or so I go and pet him and tell him he is a good boy and change him to a different spot on the play gym cause their is spots he is finding hard to access,of cause cuddles in between.

riaria

Nov 8, 2012
UK
Parrots
Luna - Meyer's Parrot
Pandora - African Grey
Io - Ducorps Cockatoo
I disagree; I have no experience with black cockatoos, but he's a baby, he needs to be comforted. There's nothing wrong with that. Some soft warm food fed from a spoon may give him that comfort. Although it obviously varies between species, most parrots when deemed weaned in captivity would in the wild still be fed by their parents. Doesn't matter if he eats on his own or not, it's less about the nutrition and more about comfort. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts