Just emailed a guy about a conure :)

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
So I was browsing craigslist and happened across a little conure that is looking for a home. Originally when we adopted Ziggy we agreed that we only wanted one bird this time around, but you know how it is, they're like potato chips! Ziggy also doesn't seem to be taking to men to well either. I can pick her up and hand her to anyone and she will step up but whenever my boyfriend would walk near her cage or try to pick her up she will lunge at him and puff her cheeks out. She seems to do this to every guy that gets near her when she is on her cage, she pins her eyes, puffs out her cheek feathers and will gape and lunge at them, she doesn't do this to me though. Anyway, because of this we have been talking about adopting another bird if the opportunity arose. Not that we are in any way giving up on her, I still work with her daily and plan to do so(I have been working on walking recalls to prepare for when she can fly again), he has just expressed that he would like to have a bird "of his own" since zig has taken to me. Ziggy also lived with an african grey and a caique in her old home so I think she may like to have some feathered company again. I have been looking around for a GCC or even a pair of them and this little conure just got posted on CL. I believe he is a black capped conure but I am not 100% sure on this. He seems very well taken care of, the family is just expecting a child so they are looking to find him a new home. Well, long story short, I emailed him and I am waiting for a response, I don't have my hopes up but it would be cool if the guy emails me back and says he is still looking for a home. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Well, I never heard back from him and the ad is gone :( which is amazing considering I replied less than an hour after it was posted. Oh well, when it comes to birds I try to let them come to be, kind of an if it's meant to be thing :)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Last edited:
OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I am soooo tempted to email the people about the amazon! They didn't even spell "parrot" right, I'm hoping that was just a typo. They wrote, "he is not friendly and WILL bite" and he is in that rusted cage :( The last amazon I worked with also came with the "Will bite" title and he was as sweet as can be to me so I have a sweet spot for angry 'zons I suppose. The only thing that keeps me from contacting them is that I am trying to find a bird that my other half will be able interact with as well and I know that this zon would become another "me only" bird since I'm the one that is home all day and interacts with them all day. I may keep an eye on that post, if it's still there in a little bit(I just contacted another person about a GCC), I may have to talk to hubby about it. The only other thing that worries me is that I was trying to get another bird that isn't any louder than ziggy. We are on 5 acres so it's not neighbors but I have two room mates. One is deaf and the other is really cool about us having a bird and he has never complained about zig, I'm just trying to be respectful of the fact that they have to listen to it too lol.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I just got an email back!!! They said they got a ton of emails but liked me the best so they want me to come meet him and take him home if I want!!! Yays!

Most Reactions

Latest posts