just so excited

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
so some of you may know I intend to bring a baby green cheek into my life around late summer / early fall if all goes according to plan. I tried not to get ahead of myself but I did just that. I have my heart set on female and the pairing I'm hoping to get a chick from produces gorgeous sex linked yellow sided turquoise babies and they're just stunning and I really hope I can get that coloration (in the end though I will be happy with whatever, this pairing will also produce turquoise and cinnamon turquoise) I've already thought up a name (Aster) and I've tons of shopping around. I can't really BUY anything yet because due to some situational stuff at work I'm not working a lot right now so income is tight (will pick back up late may before the bird is even born). I just cannot contain my excitement. Apollo and Lincoln both fell into my lap essentially and I didn't have to do much "waiting" for them. Apollo I had to wait for her to wean but I was still able to visit her pretty much every single day. I feel like a new mom going through the nesting phase LOL

Inger

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Ooooh the turquoise mutations are soooooo pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Aster is a beautiful name!!@ it is exciting!

isnt it? I was originally thinking maybe Artemis to compliment Apollo but it just didnt feel right to me so I kept shopping around. I like to name things after gems or flowers or mythology but I was really struggling to find something that would fit a turquoise gcc. Landed on Aster even though it's a purple flower it just seems to fit so well.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I thought you chose it because it means Star, is the Greek word for star, and a goddess, maybe, I know a great character name in dine sci fi I read.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
It's getting to the point where I'm looking at clutches due earlier (theres 2, one of which is laying eggs right now but the parents are first timers so theres no guarantee for a successful clutch) I keep telling myself no but the temptation is so there D:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
MBS is real!!! :)

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Nothing wrong with keeping your options open. But if your heart is set on that particular color mutation, it might be worth the wait.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Yeahh colorwise I like the turquoise more but it also is most convenient time wise as ill be back to work and have time to settle into the routine again and etc its just best this way but gosh the waiting is hard

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
I'm SO excited, the pair I'm wanting to get a baby from bave started laying eggs. I know theres still a chance I wont get one (breeder works on a first come first serve basis once she posts the baby availabilities, and the eggs could not be fertile although this is an experienced pair I just cant resist being excited)

Most Reactions