Jute rope

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
Hi. I’m looking for jute rope in Amazon for the birdies, and there are so many choices. Are there any specifications before that you recommend me to look for as when it comes to safety?
I found this one, but not sure:

Tenn Well 50 Feet 10mm Jute Rope, Natural Heavy Duty Twine Rope Decorative Jute Cord for Crafting, Cat Scratch Post, Bundling, Gardening https://a.co/d/6PX52H6

Thank you in advance

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I would say no! Most ’natural’ ropes are treated!! Without holding and smelling it, you have no way to know! Even odor free is a big risk! Being natural means bugs can hide in it, thus many import laws require proof of an insecticide!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I would say no! Most ’natural’ ropes are treated!! Without holding and smelling it, you have no way to know! Even odor free is a big risk! Being natural means bugs can hide in it, thus many import laws require proof of an insecticide!
Seconding this. You can take the risk of buying treated rope, and then smell/feel it to make sure there are none. You can always return it if it has chemicals.

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Oh! Glad I asked before getting one! Thank you.
What about natural cotton?
I found this and they say it’s good for pet toys ..

“100% Natural Cotton Rope 1/2 Inch x 198 Feet Strong Soft Cotton Cord for DIY Crafts Gardening Hammock Home Decorating, Macrame,Projects Pet Toys,White Rope” https://a.co/d/2evKEn9

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Seconding this. You can take the risk of buying treated rope, and then smell/feel it to make sure there are none. You can always return it if it has chemicals.
I think it’s better to avoid it ..
I’m too lazy to wait for the shipment, then check it and do the process to return it and wait for my refund 🤦🏻‍♀️

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I use Jute rope and get it from a local hardware store. It has no smell at all and I have used it for years with no issues. It comes in different sizes as well. I would only feel safe being able to inspect it myself though, and haven't ordered any online unless it is from places that sell bird toy parts.

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
I use Jute rope and get it from a local hardware store. It has no smell at all and I have used it for years with no issues. It comes in different sizes as well. I would only feel safe being able to inspect it myself though, and haven't ordered any online unless it is from places that sell bird toy parts.
Great! This is relieving 🙏🏻
I’ll try to find a local store that sells it.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm not sure what all you have access to there, but sisal rope is good as well, and so is paper rope made for birds. It would have to be bought from somewhere that only sells bird toy parts.

OP
eman

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
I'm not sure what all you have access to there, but sisal rope is good as well, and so is paper rope made for birds. It would have to be bought from somewhere that only sells bird toy parts.
Thank you very much terry for your help .. Really every piece of advice I get from any of the forums members is very useful 🙏🏻

Most Reactions

Latest posts