Kali's new toy making station!

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
I got tired of not being able to find what I was looking for and having things scattered around the house. I found this awesome old desk at an estate sale. This should double my toy making productivity:-D
2014-05-30162804_zpsad87b273.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
Genius!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! I want one now lol
I only paid 175.00 for it and its a really nice oak desk. It has all these compartments to put the smaller materials in and plenty of work space. I would recommend it if you make a lot of toys.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
My "bird shelf" that I commissioned hubby to make is over flowing at the moment lol my FIL has a vintage roll-top desk with lots of compartments that I've got my eyeballs on...he won't give it up though lol

Oooooo!!!! *light bulb moment!* what about those old library decibel card drawers?! Like this

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
That looks like a great idea. I didnt realize how much organization I was going to have yo do. If your partner is like mine they are not to happy... at least with the excessive stuff I have for the bird and all the healthy goodies I buy and then ban everyone from:p
Good luck getting yourself a toy station... its worth the investment and space. I cranked out three toys tonight.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That desk is amazing! You just can't find anything made like that today, what a steal on that!
Great place for all the toy making supplies, and looks great as well:)

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
That desk is amazing! You just can't find anything made like that today, what a steal on that!
Great place for all the toy making supplies, and looks great as well:)
I have changed my mind on using it as my toy desk.. I will buy something else. The desk is worth between 1500-3,000 depending on its overall condition!!! I would not have known if not for an appraiser friend of mine, that I showed it off to.
I think im going to sell this one or keep it for its value... either way I will get Kali another desk.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Macawlover12;397463 The desk is worth between 1500-3,000 depending on its overall condition!!! I would not have known if not for an appraiser friend of mine, that I showed it off to.
I think im going to sell this one or keep it for its value... either way I will get Kali another desk.
Then that was a REALLY nice find:eek::D and o-so-perfect for a crafts cask:32:

I used to work with appraisals and explaining the ins and outs of appraisals (and oh how I hated dealing with appraisals:eek:). Did your friend give you a retail replacement value or a fair market resale value of $1000-$1500 on the desk? It's important to know because a retail replacement value means you'll only be getting a couple hundred bucks out of it, whereas a resale appraisal would indicate you would be getting somewhere in that range. Understanding this is a friend, I might request a written report, which according to ISA standards will have to cover the type of appraisal being given, market conditions and establish an actual value (no ranges). Here is some further information about appraisals-https://www.isa-appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser/be-certain-of-its-value

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
Macawlover12;397463 The desk is worth between 1500-3,000 depending on its overall condition!!! I would not have known if not for an appraiser friend of mine, that I showed it off to.
Then that was a REALLY nice find:eek::D and o-so-perfect for a crafts cask:32:

I used to work with appraisals and explaining the ins and outs of appraisals (and oh how I hated dealing with appraisals:eek:). Did your friend give you a retail replacement value or a fair market resale value of $1000-$1500 on the desk? It's important to know because a retail replacement value means you'll only be getting a couple hundred bucks out of it, whereas a resale appraisal would indicate you would be getting somewhere in that range. Understanding this is a friend, I might request a written report, which according to ISA standards will have to cover the type of appraisal being given, market conditions and establish an actual value (no ranges). Here is some further information about appraisals-https://www.isa-appraisers.org/find-an-appraiser/be-certain-of-its-value
I just showed him a couple pics and he said that's what I should get for it if I decided to sell, but he would have to get a better look at it during a visit here to be sure. He didn't go into anything else other than that.
I am going to play it safe until I know for sure. I wouldn't want to scratch it up if it is worth a lot. The desk is 5 feet long and around 3 feet wide. Solid oak... it weighs a TON.
Just bringing in the pieces was a three man job :-0
I might have scored big time with it:)

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
That's a nice desk and a great idea!

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Birdy Daddy has promised, that after he finishes the woodworking job he is doing now, that he is building me a Birdy toy making work bench, in our garage. I am super excited, because I have BOXES and BOXES of un treated pine cast offs from our last few projects. I'm getting my own drill press as well!

That desk sure is awesome! I would be afraid of destroying it with tools. I bet you can re furbish it, and make a few bucks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts