Keeping ChiChi in the kitchen?

Rflenniken

Nov 19, 2012
Ok so I was thinking of moving ChiChi to the kitchen. It will be way more quite when we are watching tv or having ppl over. I have a little area next to the fridge where her cage will be covered on all sides except the front so I also figure this will keep her more secure? I have always had more than one bird at a time before now and they had their own room but now I have a roommate. So yeah. Will she be ok in the kitchen or will being around the cooking harm her? I mean she won't be around the stove but my kitchen isn't large. She is currently in the dinning room portion of the living room with only the back part of her cage covered by the wall.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
I personally would avoid the keeping ChiChi in the kitchen.

Things to think about:
Is 100% of you cookware PTFE (Non-stick/Teflon) free?
What kind of chemicals do you use for cleaning?
No aerosols are to be used around the birds.

Those are the immediate things that come to mind. I know there are others.

OP
R

Rflenniken

Nov 19, 2012
I only use stainless steal. And the cleaning products are pet safe. :). Buttttt my roommate thinks it is unsanitary to keep her in the kitchen lol. So I guess I need to find somewhere else. Ugh.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Refridgerators give off a lot of heat from the motor and why do you keep part of her cage covered? My birds are all in the dining room den combo and each birds cage is in front of a glass sliding door panel so they can see out into the back yard . They love to watch the wild birds. I should add though that that side of the house faces north and their is a roofed screened in lani so they are not in the direct sun. I think they need the interaction if possible:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts