Kevin in Greytown 2.0

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Almost like a cardinal without the hat.

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Amy,being old school..couldn't rationalize the concept of condo's or studio apartments. It is either estates or mansions or go live in your suv, a pick-up truck will do in a pinch,as long as it's a four door or king cab.
Realizing the population has exploded in the years since he was a fledgling,condo's and studio's can go side-by-side or on top of each other utilizing available space! Devising a plan ( where the heck are Ralphie and Kiwi anyway???) maybe he can sweet talk BB with ultra high proof millet to pay compensation for chewing his perch and making BB fall to his basement,then chewing up his entertainment supplies,then ask the Beebs to pay
RK a visit with boxes of krispies of rice,since corn that pops is scarce even here to come up with a plan for Greytown...Yellow Nape Law may have to be contacted,hopefully Presilla will be in a receptive mood,she usually isn't :eek:

Jim

Last edited:
OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Another type of housing available at Greytown is reserved for the most persnickety: the Browns and Meyers. Due to their high maintenance, only two penthouses are left. Applicants are being screened by IT as hidden cameras are set into all access areas.

No shenanigans here.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Cameras are hidden of course due to aesthetics. Kev does maintain a high regard for appearance you know.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Travel has become such a restricted thing and even if you get past all the TSA requirements. One has to deal with the crazy individuals that have been inside hiding and no longer understand that social interaction is not a contact sport! Plus have no idea that just because they elect to "Go Outside" that others will not be happy with them doing so at 35000 ft.

It will be interesting to see what new amenities become standard fair in this New World of homes! Clearly shopping has changed as Amazon has so changed the shipping industry that 'package' arrive is now seven days a week headed to 24 hours a day!

Keep an eye on HRH for signs of New Trends!

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Today, Jack Sparrow came to visit! It isn’t unusual for sparrows to get into our house via the small openings in the breeze blocks.

He has nested with a very fair female sparrow in one of the breeze blocks in our house. I knew it was him when I saw the crooked tail and he sat next to me on the floor. I wondered if he had made it “on the outside” but he has done well and is now a family bird.

How sweet was it to see him again! But, he had to go out and back to his little bird fam. Nice to know he’s around and well.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
That has to be a true joy as so much of life is about providing and stepping back to allow those we care for to move on. Not often do we get a validation of our efforts.

Good for Jack Sparrow to stop by and let you know that you matter and because of you he has a happy family!

Thank you for what you do, dear friend!!

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
The supreme delicacy of Greytown is the coveted passion fruit. Full of the sweetest fruit and tiniest of crunchy seed it is irresistible to any grey. Because it is so coveted, a moratorium has been ordered in all of the city that only Kev has the right to purchase and distribute. This has driven prices high and lined Kev’s feathered pockets handsomely.

Pass the passion please.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sometimes it's not the purity of the gift, but its rarity that defines the different.

Costing somethings seem so fickle!

Thank goodness we have an expert Grey to help us to see that fine differences.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Kev has some quirky bedtime routines. He sleeps out of his cage on the verandah taking in all the sights and sounds throughout the night. The verandah is barred in and mosquito netted so he is quite safe. In the morning, he is quick to call for breakfast while mocking anyone nearby who is brave enough to withstand his verbal tirade.

As if no one is allowed to pass before morning chop, Kev’s “morning cup” if you will.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Indeed, the dreaded stink eye awaits all who defy the routine. Depending on how badly you have violated said routine, you may even endure a buttfeathering.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'm certain that there is list of protocols that mere Humans must follow. But there is not question that being butt feathered will clear define a failure on the Humans side. Such clarity!

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Today is bath day in Greytown. Kev has demanded a shower (for real he asks for showers). He loves them so much that we set the garden hose on mist and he fluffs under it with relish.

For anyone with greys, I highly recommend they get regular showers/mists as in nature they would be subject to the elements and showering often. Due to their dander, showers are a must. I once had a grey I rehabbed and he had never been bathed. Dander was caked to his skin. Once he realized showers were non-negotiable, he began to enjoy them. He even allowed me to gently scrub the dander off over a period of time.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Showering in his supposedly private outdoor shower (whoever thought outdoor showers could be private forgot there are birds that fly overhead), Kev’s shower was interrupted by Jack Sparrow. Sparrow’s complaints had something to do with getting trapped in his condo and him needing the ringneck maintenance team to come forthwith to fix the issue.

Kev was not amused but dispatched the ringnecks.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Renters are always such a demanding pain!!

They always demand and believe that their little issue is the most important thing at that moment and it must be handled NOW!

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Tomorrow Greytown's long awaited big-enough-for-the-biggest-grey-buttfeather cage arrives and will sit sweetly next to greytown's skyscraper stand.

Will it be radioactive?
Will it be accepted right away?
Will it be shunned?

Only Kev knows.

Most Reactions

Latest posts