OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
In just a few short years,Kevv has gone from living on skid-row to his very own mansion with a garden to romp thru,with nummy flowers and tasty branches to destroy He's probably speechless! ( Naahhh...probably NOT!)
As Mr. Boat's stated "Greys have all the luck!"

Just a side question here,Lea..any update on the poor guy at the Inn/hotel/motel??

Jim

Thank you for asking! Hotel owners not in the least interested in letting their solitary grey go. It?s so heartbreaking. Kev is really spoiled and settled and when the opportunity arises (for I know rescues will come) we?ll happily welcome another grey into our crabby fold!

I try not to think of the grey at the hotel. It is a very sad situation and there are hundreds more like him here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
56e440f232905a13bb963a6c1faa560b.jpg

The annual G7 summit taking place in Greytown this week.

On the agenda:

-Food security - ground parakeets have delayed delivery of nutriberries.
-Privacy - Cockatoos, notorious for their lack of personal space, have invaded the exclusive Greytown club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hello all just popping up to say Kev is great. Providing lots of comfort as we deal with the death of a dear colleague from covid. Now we have another suffering with it and it is taking a lot of my energy. Kev is a great distraction as his demands never decrease! Ha! He?s usually such a grouch but has been excessively sweet I think he notices my mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of one of your colleagues there. I am adding my prayers for the deceased and their family, and for the full recovery of the one who is suffering now. Hugs and strength to you, lovely Lea, you and yours are in my thoughts.

OP
LeaKP

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Kev stopping by to add his hellos to the forum. The new condo working out so well, roomy and full of branches and toys to destroy.

We’ve had another blow as my husband’s aunt passed away with covid and then our daughter had a medical emergency that required to ER visits. All is well (traveling here in the USA for 10 more days then return to Kev, his condo and Burundi - don’t worry the Kev is doing great being cared for by someone he and I both trust) now with our daughter, we are thankful she is well.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Lea, I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband's aunt. So much devastation being caused everywhere by this dreadful disease! My very deepest condolences for your loss. And I sincerely hope your daughter is fully recovered - surely there can be no greater worry in the world than having a child who is ill. Wishing you safe travels and a very happy reunion with RK on your return home :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Lea, you're such a warm and steady beacon... so loved and respected and valued. I'm so sorry for your sadness, but really grateful that you're in everybody's life over there (and here), supporting, soothing, helping. Bless you, our beautiful and beloved friend.
I still like that song... always makes me smile and think of you.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
They sense how you feel and respond appropriately

My sincere condolences on your loss.
As Major TOM has stated,they DO sense our moods and feelings. I recall when Smokey passed on,Amy was depressed not coming out of his mansion for weeks just sitting on his sleep perch and he noticed that I was depressed/crying. One day out of the blue he climbed down to the floor and walked to the couch where I was just laying and he climbed up and waddled over to me and snuggled under my chin allowing me to kiss/pet him.something he has never done and never has again..THEY KNOW!
Hoping/praying you and family and Kevv are in a much better place today my friend.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts