Kozy Keet Logs???

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
Hi guys! I just bought a Kozy keet log for my parakeets. It says its great for them because of the fact that the wood is softer than other toys which makes it easier to chew for parakeets. Now I'm going to be honest here. I kinda just bought it on a whim. But when I came home I looked it up online and the entire name is something like Kozy Keet Log play nest. My Parakeets have been chewing away at it, the female in particular digs into it and trys to claim it.

I was just wondering if anyone here with a parakeet buys this for them?

If you guys buy these for your parakeets when do you pull them out? It doesnt seem like a good idea to keep it in since it has the word nest in the name lol.

Also i couldnt find many reviews about the Kozy Keet Log but one girl said her female actually laid eggs in hers. I'm thinking about maybe pulling this toy permanently from the cage?

OP
Parrot Parent

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
Bad news. She has taken to the log and so has my lil boy. He has irises already and is getting his white head. She is getting her head and no irises as of yet. Would it be ok maybe to leave it to chew and when it starts getting hollowed out just supervise play with the log and take it out when play time is over?

OP
Parrot Parent

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
Thanks Ratzy, I'll go to the store this weekend and get them some new wooden chew toys. Especially since I just got into writing papers for college students. They pay me 40$ per paper and I get the second half of my payment this weekend. I wonder what I'll buy them... :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts