Late News Bulletin*******

Dave

Jan 30, 2006
Pennsylvania-USA
Parrots
1 pet CAG--1 pet TAG--1 pet YC Macaw--2 pet Quakers--3 prs of breeder greys--not pets
New Cell Phone law

According to a proposed new law that would go into effect March 1, 2006 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands free" adapter. I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative. He is also employed at Office Depot.

These kits are available with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid him $0.28 each because he bought in quantity. Then we tried it with Motorola, Sprint, Verizon and Nokia units and they worked perfectly.

A photo is attached so scroll down and take a look and let me know if you want one. Also forward this to anyone you know, who has a cell phone, and who may want one

newcellphoneholder.jpg

Last edited:

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
LMAO!!!!!!!!![CENTER][/CENTER]

OH MY.. THAT IS GREAT!!!!! I'm going to use that, especially because that is seriously an issue around my neighborhood! I'm in military base housing, husband is Air Force. In these subdivisions, a new law is in effect and fully enforced by Security Forces (military police) that patrol the area. They DO enforce a $50 fine if you are caught driving and talking on your phone without a hands-free system.

Man.. this is great!! I'm going to start selling those rubberbands on Ebay.. heh he heh....

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I do love that idea, its a pity I didn't know about this earlier. Here in the UK, its already illegal to talk on phone whilst driving, unless you have hands free. It cost us £100 (not sure what that is in US money, maybe $175?) Think of the money I could have saved. Hehehehe

Those military bases are really hot on things like that, my brother is in the Air Force over here, and most of my live was spent on bases as my Dad was in the Army. Guess they're that strict everywhere!!!

9Catsz

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Missouri
Parrots
Peachfaced lovebirds, Timneh African greys
Dave!!!! That was great, man, GREAT! You had me going. I really believed it AND wanted one, well until that picture, then I realized I already have a bunch. :18:
:35: :35: :35:

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Thats a good one! I think I may have a rubberband around here somewhere.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
9Catsz said:
Dave!!!! That was great, man, GREAT! You had me going. I really believed it AND wanted one, well until that picture, then I realized I already have a bunch.

A bunch of em eh, have you ever thought of selling em, you could make big bucks:04: If ever you need a salesgal here in the UK then I'm your gal:D

Most Reactions