Don't forget Clear & Cloudy Skies
20220316_180522.jpg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm just going to start a flock thread to keep. Easier than doing them all individually.

Starting in the middle I guess.
We had to work up to this
View attachment 37624
Ta-dah female GCC ( 7yrs) had since shortly after weaning from petstore. Penny Green quaker female ( est 14 years) rescued ( will edit when I figure out time lines..) , Pikachu Lutino quaker female re homed, Pheobe blue quaker female consider pet store rescue screamer. Not pictured are my 2 re home male budgies Cloudy and Clear. But pictures to come Can't journal my past flock mates right now too sad. But they belong here too, so one day I will add them.

The above flock picture, wasn't something that happened all at once. For a couple of them it was months/years in the making.

Ta-dah has had flock mates in the past. So when I brought Penny home she was eager to meet her and become friends. Unfortunately Penny was clipped/ never flighted before her rescue and hadn't been around other birds for 10 or more years. I underestimated Penny's fear response, as she had seemed pretty comfortable with the other birds from afar. So when I allowed them to meet Ta-dah came right over and wanted to preen Penny. Penny freaked out flipped on her back started screaming this led to a bird fight. I was right there and broke up immediately. Some feathers flew but no injuries. Mmm...a couple weeks later I allowed them to all be out together again. Ta-dah approach more softly like hey we had a misunderstanding but I really want to be friends. Another fight started . This led to them disliking each other, and months of working with them. Till we all agreed we can be out together, but stay away from each other. This grew into we can all sit on mommy one inch apart and nap and get love scrithes and cuddling. Otherwise please stay 6 inches away. Zero fights in years.
Well, how have I missed this thread??? Laura, this photo is GENIUS!
I love you and your flock. You're such a dedicated, darling member of OUR flock!
I have some reading to do!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I love your budgies they look creatures who are from heaven but landed on earth!!!
They are not cute they are beautiful!!!, and they seem to have a very big bond!!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I love your budgies they look creatures who are from heaven but landed on earth!!!
They are not cute they are beautiful!!!, and they seem to have a very big bond!!!
They are 2 boys given up to me. Yes definitely they love each other. Clear prefers to stay away from me, prefers not to be photographed, but seems very happy and chirpy. Enjoying his toys snd veggies, flying exploring, chewing up calcium perches
Cloudy is sitting on me

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts