OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
well I'm not even going in the order I added them lol

Ta-dah my personality plus green cheek has currently been with me the longest. I'm terrible with dates...think I brought her home 2013 or early 2014.

I currently had Burt The Bird ( later found out female) for 10 years when I came across Ta-dah.

I came across her at the petstore while getting supplies. I was immediately drawn to her, I thought she was so beautiful in her muted colors like a Pearl. She came right up and started those baby green cheek somersaults. I saw she was marked half off. I asked why, and the jerk told me because she is ugly and nobody wants her. They had some other green cheeks with that high red color.

Well score for me then! I wanted her!

Ta-dah was amazing , loving, from day one, and Burt The Burd fell in love with her and her him( ok thought was a he for 10 yrs) from first look.

After 5 years she just started talking and talks a lot every day...not the clearest tho. My favorite thing she says is What's up little bird? And my second favorite is that outta the blue she started saying Happy Birthday Girl! Have no idea where that came from .

She is lovey cuddling amazing, bold, smart as blue blazes, rules the roost and in a split second can offer to nip. ( I've learned her and avoid 99% bites) I think GCC are more sensitive to hands/claws of doom , than some other species .

20220224_131102.jpg
16016689640044899535653335700434.png
20210208_113025.jpg
20210213_174327.jpg

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure

Ta-dah my personality plus green cheek has currently been with me the longest. I'm terrible with dates...think I brought her home 2013 or early 2014.

I currently had Burt The Bird ( later found out female) for 10 years when I came across Ta-dah.

I came across her at the petstore while getting supplies. I was immediately drawn to her, I thought she was so beautiful in her muted colors like a Pearl. She came right up and started those baby green cheek somersaults. I saw she was marked half off. I asked why, and the jerk told me because she is ugly and nobody wants her. They had some other green cheeks with that high red color.

Ta-dah was amazing , loving, from day one, and Burt The Burd fell in love with her and her him( ok thought was a he for 10 yrs) from first look.

After 5 years she just started talking and talks a lot every day...not the clearest tho. My favorite thing she says is What's up little bird? And my second favorite is that outta the blue she started saying Happy Birthday Girl! Have no idea where that came from .

She is lovey cuddling amazing, bold, smart as blue blazes, rules the roost and in a split second can offer to nip. ( I've learned her and avoid 99% bites) I think GCC are more sensitive to hands/claws of doom , than some other species .

View attachment 37723View attachment 37724View attachment 37725View attachment 37726
I know the second picture 😅
1648408454471.png

It was just checking if I still have drawings of your fids - I thought I lost them but they still are on PF ;)
No, wait... Orbit... um... Phoebe is lost😐 But the rest is safed

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I know the second picture 😅
View attachment 37727
It was just checking if I still have drawings of your fids - I thought I lost them but they still are on PF ;)
No, wait... Orbit... um... Phoebe is lost😐 But the rest is safed
You blessed me with your art! And I love how you captured Ta-dah!!!!! Love it!!!!! THANK THANK YOU

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

View attachment 37723View attachment 37724View attachment 37725View attachment 37726
There she is, my favourite little niece Ta-dah!! Outrageous that anyone ever suggested she was ugly, I would have grabbed her on the spot too! Such a sweet little face, I love all of your flock Laura, and I know I'm not supposed to play favourites, but Ta-dah kinda is! ;)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
When Pheobe came home, her wings were clipped , and she had passed hand shy into hand phobia land. Otherwise shy but interested in me. Because o feel its so important to get a bird out of the cage, for enrichment, mental health, and easier to work with them. I created this set up for her. Complete with out of cage safe spot. She could retreat to this ball and I never messed with her there. The stand I would move close to cage then lure her onto. We could work together here without cage aggression. I could also slowly move over to couch or chair so she had added room to explore and interact with me. This allowed her to climb around on me, without dreaded hands being involved. I was able to quickly train her to return to cage when asked. Hands free.
20201015_135635.jpg
20201015_133453.jpg
20201019_161922.jpg

Pheobe full thread here

For a long time after quarantine and introduction to flock, she just quietly lurked around the edges. Always observing everything. I think after 6 months she made her move to be fully part of the quaker girl club, and flock in general. No fights ever. Beak squabbles happen between all of my burds tho. I consider to fall under normal flock interaction. But I never allow them to do this when on me.. i shift the instigator to a perch..

Last edited:

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
When Pheobe came home, her wings were clipped , and she had passed hand shy into hand phobia land. Otherwise shy but interested in me. Because o feel its so important to get a bird out of the cage, for enrichment, mental health, and easier to work with them. I created this set up for her. Complete with out of cage safe spot. She could retreat to this ball and I never messed with her there. The stand I would move close to cage then lure her onto. We could work together here without cage aggression. I could also slowly move over to couch or chair so she had added room to explore and interact with me. This allowed her to climb around on me, without dreaded hands being involved. I was able to quickly train her to return to cage when asked. Hands free.
View attachment 37796View attachment 37795
That's great! I do the same thing with my budgies, the curtain rod and their cage are places where I never invade their space without a visible 'yes' from them. I personally think it's a great practice.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That's great! I do the same thing with my budgies, the curtain rod and their cage are places where I never invade their space without a visible 'yes' from them. I personally think it's a great practice.
Why thank you Stormy! Great minds thinking alike 😉

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
its not all perfect. Today was very vexing parrot day. All veggies rejected. I think everybody tried to bite me. I wanted to watch Dune....but they all decided to be extra loud.
Mostly I'm chalking up to the disruption of our routines. Dealing with car drama( not fixed yet, more money....) health...had a bad turn that laid me up....so they've spent more time caged since Friday . Didn't get their foraging stuff two mornings in row...

We all normally do pretty darn great...but guess we had a flock " mood"

But they enjoyed being outside. I got the house clean.

Going to find something warm and yummy to offer them shortly..

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My lunch today was Rejected Food Salad so Cotton also got the memo it's National No Veggies Day

Here's hoping warm yummy foods will persuade them to let you watch Dune after dinner!
Thanks made me laugh!
I think will copy your meal you mentioned quinoa and sweet potatoes sounds great for all of us

Edit: blessed quiet@ i caged stuffed tge rejected bell pepper and broccoli through each of their cages. Those little stinkers are chomping awsy!!!

I'm cheating on a quick warmed up dinner . Will keep you posted on how they like
20220329_173109.jpg

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Thanks made me laugh!
I think will copy your meal you mentioned quinoa and sweet potatoes sounds great for all of us

It turned out pretty tasty! Quinoa, sweet potato, bell peppers, a couple blueberries, a couple strawberries, tomato, chard, arugula, all from the reject bowl lol. Then a little balsamic on top. Yum!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I hand fed everyone, and this yummy was enjoyed by all...feel we all going to end the day in s better place
In few minutes I will get my own bowl made up.
20220329_174906.jpg

Penny fed with spoon, she didn't want to come back out
20220329_174307.jpg

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Flock "mood" sweet.
So trying for the elusive flock group photo.......
This was almost a nice quaker girls one, but there is always one ! What the heck Pikachu ? Pheobe is the only one thats figured out Mommy is asking her to do "something " and is paying attention.
20220330_112656.jpg

20220330_112509.jpg

Maybe I just need them photo shopped together?!!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts