Let us now sing songs of Gail

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
The OGs know who I’m talking about. Gail is the guardian of the Rickeybird, immortalized in his own thread. That thread has been the source of more laughter and wit than seems humanly possible. Gail really started something great! It occurs to me that we could pay her back in poem and song. So, write something! This means YOU! Write something now! Write a poem or story or song, flex your Photoshop Fu, draw a picture, share a fun memory. Let’s give the RB some competition for her attention!

If you aren’t familiar with it, the Rickeybird’s Scrapbook/Memory/Best jokes of all time thread is here: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/the-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.62811/

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
🎢 Oh, the Gail is my friend 🎡
🎡 Her and RIval to the end! 🎢
🎢 Their souls I love to touch! 🎡
🎡 The RIckeybird, not so much! 🎢

Chorus
🎢 Oh yeah baby Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah, hotcha! 🎡

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
🎢 Oh, the Gail is my friend 🎡
🎡 Her and RIval to the end! 🎢
🎢 Their souls I love to touch! 🎡
🎡 The RIckeybird, not so much! 🎢

Chorus
🎢 Oh yeah baby Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah, hotcha! 🎡
Never has a mightier verse left the lips of a mighty fine pirate. I picture you in that Captain Morgan pose, belting it out! Hotcha back. A moment to remember forever. Love you, Wrenchie!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Let us raise our mugs on-high and cheer loudly!
Praise for the RB family that awakens a spirt of morning joy for all that comes close!
So, demand a refill of Admiral's Grade Rum!
Lift that full mug and cheer with the rest of us because at this gathering there are no strangers only friends.
I think that a theme is emerging!
Absolutely, Mr. Boats, with much love... run that Jolly Roger up the pole and break out the mugs.
Okay, everybody... assume the Captain Morgan pose, annnnnnnnnnnd...
*SNAP*
pirates.jpg

No, no, WAIT, WAIT!!!!!

capn.jpg

THAT's IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Karen, this thread is genius and well deserved!

As y'all are about to see, I am no poet but I couldn't miss this:)

There once was a Lady named Gail

Whose heart was as large as a whale.

For the Sunshine she brings

To all living things

I raise a toast with my glass of ale.

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

There once was a husband named Rival,

Whose presence made the Rb homicidal.

Rival gave him some chilies

And prayed, please let these

Distract the Rb from his rifle.

😱😱😱😱😱

There once was a King named Rickeybird

Who ruled his humans without saying a word

He ruled with his beak

And the havoc he wreaked

To get the all chilies he deserved.

🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots

To all living things

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

😱😱😱😱😱

He ruled with his beak

And the havoc he wreaked

🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️

Oh, Terry, you have put Carl Sandberg to shame, among many others. My heart swelled with good memories, happy laughter, and much more.
SOME WILL NOT KNOW, FOR THIS HAPPENED LONG AGO, BUTTTTT.....

TERRY SAVED THE SCRAPBOOK.

TRUE STORY. Photoshop was my original vehicle for the scrapbook here. I uploaded the actual physical scrapbook when I started the virtual one here. See the early pages here... wow old stuff. Anyway, then Photoshop DUMPED me AND all the photos from early months were lost. I was bereft! Along comes Terry to the rescue. She personally, tediously, graciously retrieved as many photos as possible, used her own image tactics to replace them in the scrapbook, and... after ages of effort... THE SCRAPBOOK WAS SAVED. I will never be able to repay that debt. I would have given up on it all if Terry hadn't waded in and done that for me, a perfect stranger, just a member, in need of a mod's help.

And then on top of it all... turns out she's an epic comedic poetess.

Love you, Terry.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Why do birds.....
Suddenly attack....
When they don't...get their snack....?

Just like me...
They long to be...
Full of snack!!!!!!

Sing it to why do birds suddenly appear anytime you are near....carpenters

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, Terry, you have put Carl Sandberg to shame, among many others. My heart swelled with good memories, happy laughter, and much more.
SOME WILL NOT KNOW, FOR THIS HAPPENED LONG AGO, BUTTTTT.....

TERRY SAVED THE SCRAPBOOK.

TRUE STORY. Photoshop was my original vehicle for the scrapbook here. I uploaded the actual physical scrapbook when I started the virtual one here. See the early pages here... wow old stuff. Anyway, then Photoshop DUMPED me AND all the photos from early months were lost. I was bereft! Along comes Terry to the rescue. She personally, tediously, graciously retrieved as many photos as possible, used her own image tactics to replace them in the scrapbook, and... after ages of effort... THE SCRAPBOOK WAS SAVED. I will never be able to repay that debt. I would have given up on it all if Terry hadn't waded in and done that for me, a perfect stranger, just a member, in need of a mod's help.

And then on top of it all... turns out she's an epic comedic poetess.

Love you, Terry.
Oh, you made me cry with this, you are such a sweetheart!
It was not only my pleasure, but my honour to restore such an important part of forum history. That is when we became friends, isn't it? I grew to love you and the Rb more with every picture:)

Sunshine, you should have mentioned what you did for me out of the goodness of your heart!
Gail was so appreciative throughout the whole process, I think it took us a month to get it finished, and she thanked me every day. She also wanted to paint a pic of my birds for me. I told her she didn't have to do that, but if you know Gail you know that you can't tell this woman no..(Right Rival?)haha

So I picked a photo of my bald little Phoe and his best buddy Jax. I asked her if she was okay doing a bird with no feathers and she said it was fine. I had a feeling she was a bit worried about it, because she hadn't done a bald bird before.

She painted this and mailed it to me, already on the canvas. She need not have worried at all, look at how beautiful this is.

phoeeternal.jpg

The painting I have doesn't have the wording on it, Gail added that to the picture of it after I lost my Phoedledeedee.
That painting gave me comfort when he passed and is one of my most precious possessions.
Gail, I love you too, with all my heart.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Why do birds.....
Suddenly attack....
When they don't...get their snack....?

Just like me...
They long to be...
Full of snack!!!!!!

Sing it to why do birds suddenly appear anytime you are near....carpenters
Geeeeeeeez, I had no idea you were such a Romantic!
Fire it up and sing away!

Thank you!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Oh, you made me cry with this, you are such a sweetheart!
It was not only my pleasure, but my honour to restore such an important part of forum history. That is when we became friends, isn't it? I grew to love you and the Rb more with every picture:)

Sunshine, you should have mentioned what you did for me out of the goodness of your heart!
Gail was so appreciative throughout the whole process, I think it took us a month to get it finished, and she thanked me every day. She also wanted to paint a pic of my birds for me. I told her she didn't have to do that, but if you know Gail you know that you can't tell this woman no..(Right Rival?)haha

So I picked a photo of my bald little Phoe and his best buddy Jax. I asked her if she was okay doing a bird with no feathers and she said it was fine. I had a feeling she was a bit worried about it, because she hadn't done a bald bird before.

She painted this and mailed it to me, already on the canvas. She need not have worried at all, look at how beautiful this is.

View attachment 42478

The painting I have doesn't have the wording on it, Gail added that to the picture of it after I lost my Phoedledeedee.
That painting gave me comfort when he passed and is one of my most precious possessions.
Gail, I love you too, with all my heart.
PF creates wonderful friendships, sometimes due to strange events and sometimes at astonishing distances...
And I treasure yours endlessly, Terry. I love you with all my heart right back. Aren't we a pair?
Thank you for posting that portrait. I WAS nervous about it, I admit. But I will always be shamelessly proud of capturing that warm, dimply, soft little skin-patch there, ya know?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
PF creates wonderful friendships, sometimes due to strange events and sometimes at astonishing distances...
And I treasure yours endlessly, Terry. I love you with all my heart right back. Aren't we a pair?
Thank you for posting that portrait. I WAS nervous about it, I admit. But I will always be shamelessly proud of capturing that warm, dimply, soft little skin-patch there, ya know?
I also treasure your friendship as well, Sunshine.
You completely captured the beauty that was my Phoe, and what I loved so much is that you also saw his beauty as you painted.
That little dimply soft skin patch was so incredibly soft, and at the vet's office all the other vets and techs always stopped in to see him to see if he would go to them.
PhoePhoe stole some hearts, for sure. And you stole mine by forever memorializing my sweet, beautiful boy.
Love you, Sweetest Pea.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Reply to Terry57
[IMG alt="Terry57"]https://www.parrotforums.com/data/avatars/m/18/18619.jpg?1658259225[/IMG]

Terry57

Moderator​

To all living things

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

😱😱😱😱😱

He ruled with his beak

And the havoc he wreaked

🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who don't know, Terry is an expert toymaker... kind of a toy whisperer, truly. She intuits the mentality and emotions of any certain bird and creates toys to stimulate, comfort, entertain, whatever...
Sometimes, apparently, she does TOO GOOD of a job.
And this is the origin of the Homewrecker.
Here is an excerpt from The Rickeybird Scrapbook wayyy back in 2018. Now, please know that the Rb rarely likes toys. But Terry interviewed me at length about his tastes, and sent us a selection of toys that he truly enjoyed... but...one was SPECIAL.

"A while back, Terry made a little wiffle ball toy for the Rb. It had beads, straws, cords, paper, all kinds of stuff. It was the Faberge Egg of all wiffle toys... he set upon it with great passion, and destroyed just about everything except for a few "corn row" strings. Suddenly, after his 'makeover", it became even more desirable. He fed it, courted it, romanced it... the works... and I do mean the WORKS! [X-rated works!] He even began charging me when I approached it, and lost interest in all other toys, including ME.
So I impounded that HOMEWRECKER and actually sent it back to Terry, who then threatened to send it back to ME. No small matter (Canada/America postage). This has become a running joke, so I couldn't resist providing a detachable HOMEWRECKER in his portrait! The wiffle homewrecker is actually detachable, using a tiny, tiny velcro patch.
This is actually the first Rb portrait I've ever done for myself.

Of course, my ol'man (Rival of the Rickeybird) is urging me to sell it, or if need be, PAY somebody to take it."

The photos...

homewrecker.jpg
homewrecker 2.jpg
homewrecker 3.jpg

And that is the story of the Homewrecker.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Reply to Terry57
[IMG alt="Terry57"]https://www.parrotforums.com/data/avatars/m/18/18619.jpg?1658259225[/IMG]

Terry57

Moderator​

To all living things

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

😱😱😱😱😱

He ruled with his beak

And the havoc he wreaked

🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️🌢️

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who don't know, Terry is an expert toymaker... kind of a toy whisperer, truly. She intuits the mentality and emotions of any certain bird and creates toys to stimulate, comfort, entertain, whatever...
Sometimes, apparently, she does TOO GOOD of a job.
And this is the origin of the Homewrecker.
Here is an excerpt from The Rickeybird Scrapbook wayyy back in 2018. Now, please know that the Rb rarely likes toys. But Terry interviewed me at length about his tastes, and sent us a selection of toys that he truly enjoyed... but...one was SPECIAL.

"A while back, Terry made a little wiffle ball toy for the Rb. It had beads, straws, cords, paper, all kinds of stuff. It was the Faberge Egg of all wiffle toys... he set upon it with great passion, and destroyed just about everything except for a few "corn row" strings. Suddenly, after his 'makeover", it became even more desirable. He fed it, courted it, romanced it... the works... and I do mean the WORKS! [X-rated works!] He even began charging me when I approached it, and lost interest in all other toys, including ME.
So I impounded that HOMEWRECKER and actually sent it back to Terry, who then threatened to send it back to ME. No small matter (Canada/America postage). This has become a running joke, so I couldn't resist providing a detachable HOMEWRECKER in his portrait! The wiffle homewrecker is actually detachable, using a tiny, tiny velcro patch.
This is actually the first Rb portrait I've ever done for myself.

Of course, my ol'man (Rival of the Rickeybird) is urging me to sell it, or if need be, PAY somebody to take it."

The photos...

View attachment 42571View attachment 42572View attachment 42573

And that is the story of the Homewrecker.
The story wouldn't be complete without a poem, now would it?
It's a little raunchy, so please don't go further than here if that bothers you:)

1658879064715.png
1658879075654.png
1658879094275.png
1658879108775.png
1658879123631.png
1658879136927.png

There once was a bird name of Rickey

Whose love for a homewrecker was icky

A gift from Aunt Terry

To make The Rickeybird merry

Was returned after he finished his quickie

OP
Kentuckienne

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
He starts to scream with the morning light
His momma says when you gonna live your life right?
Oh Auntie Gail you aint the fortunate one
Cause birds, they wanna have fun
Rickeybird just wants to have fun!

The phone rings in the middle of it all
His daddy’s never gonna hear a single word of that call
Oh Rival Dear you’re not the fortunate one
Cause birds just wanna have fun,
Rickeybird just wants to have run!

Some people take a beautiful bird
and hide him away where the screams can’t be heard
Oh PF folks ain’t you the fortunate ones?
Rickey Bird’s got us all on the run,
Auntie Gail’s gonna post all the fun!

Most Reactions

Latest posts