willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly

Here is Auggie & Connie outside together for the first time. Also today was the first time I got Connie to step up. When I feed Auggie treats he always says "more". I was feeding them treats while they were outside and Connie started saying "more". I was very impressed.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
They are so adorable!

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
They're both beautiful! I wish I could make mine get along that well together.

Every time I see a photo of Auggie I notice how huge his head seems to be. Do you know his weight by chance?

OP
willist

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Unfortunately I don't own a digital scale. I've seen few other GW's that are bigger than Auggie. I've never considered him to be a big GW.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Unfortunately I don't own a digital scale. I've seen few other GW's that are bigger than Auggie. I've never considered him to be a big GW.
Well, it's hard to tell about his body from your pictures. But he does appear to have a very large head. Usually that's an indicator of a very large and muscular bird. If you ever learn his weight please let me know. He's a nice looking GW.

OP
willist

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Well I do know his beak is very strong. He has broken spot welds on is old cage's food cup doors, he's broken heavy duty acrylic bowls and he's textured his steal food bowls so they look like they have been worked over with a ball peen hammer. fortunately I raised him from 5 weeks old and taught him how hard he can squeeze my fingers. I also taught him the command "gentle" when I say "gentle" he will always let go.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Well I do know his beak is very strong. He has broken spot welds on is old cage's food cup doors, he's broken heavy duty acrylic bowls and he's textured his steal food bowls so they look like they have been worked over with a ball peen hammer. fortunately I raised him from 5 weeks old and taught him how hard he can squeeze my fingers. I also taught him the command "gentle" when I say "gentle" he will always let go.
Oh I have no doubt about his ability to pop cage welds and ruin other objects with his beak. I can tell by looking at his head that he's got some serious power there. My Hy, Zaf, is a big cage weld breaker too. Thankfully Zaf is just naturally tender on my fingers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts