Licking and clowning around

Tez

May 19, 2013
Oslo, Norway
Parrots
Mango - Lovebird <3
My new little lovie boy is such an incredible clown, way more than I was expecting. His latest thing now, is licking everything that is mine, and other things that is shiny. But mostly my things. It's different than the regurgitation. Why does he do this?

He has also fallen in love with my metal nail file. He kinda "chews" it. Is it ok if i let him do this once in a while, or might the file contain something he shouldn't be allowed around? If only to keep his beak in check, which is a bit too long since the previous owner has never touched his beak of nails before.

He has apparently developed a fetish towards my laptop. He pecks it and licks it and coos to it, but only when in my lap. When I take the screen down to see what he's doing, he gives me the funniest and cutest look ever, of feigned innocence, before he makes a laugh-like sound and makes himself look mighty handsome.

By the way, I'm new to lovebirds since I've ever only had 'tiels and zebrafinches, so I might be asking a loooot of questions in the weeks to come :D

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
Healthy parrots beaks (right diet, no deformation, etc) never need trimming so if his beak is overgrown, I suggest you take him to an AV and have a bile acid test done on him.

Sorry I can't help you with anything else but my lovies don't do any of the things you mention (they are not pets, they have each other).

Most Reactions

Latest posts