Looking for a forever home

Troddick

Jan 16, 2023
Parrots
6 year old Jenday Conure
Hi,
I am sad to say that I need to find a new home for my Jenday Conure, Purdy. He (assuming gender as we never did the blood test) is 6 years old, and I got him when he was about 7 months old. I live in Crystal Lake, IL.
He is a very sweet, cuddly, silly boy. I work remotely, so he spends all day with me, unless I'm on work calls, then I move his cage into another room just in case he starts getting too loud. I am looking for a home that will provide a lot of attention and not have him locked in his cage for 8-10 hours a day, since he's not used to that. I can provide a lot more details about him, when someone reached out.
I have been going back and forth on this for almost a year now. I love him very much! Our oldest daughter moved in with us last June, with her husband, and their baby. For some reason, Purdy does not like children! I have no idea why. He's fine with our kids. They were 7 and 9 when we got Purdy. But when ever anyone comes over with kids, he instantly gets aggressive and tries with all his might (even when wings are trimmed) to attack the child! So, or daughter has to let us know any time she's coming in or coming downstairs with our grand daughter, so that I can put Purdy away. Well, now she's pregnant with a second, and we have decided the best course of action is for them to stay with us for another year. I will be helping more with both my grand babies, and I need to do what's best for their safety, and I want Purdy to be happy. Being in his cage most of the day is not being happy. I've tried getting him more comfortable with kids, but he just instantly goes on attack mode! Otherwise, he's the sweetest boy!
Thanks, Tonia

Attachments

• PXL_20220903_140722780.jpg
    PXL_20220903_140722780.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20220716_135513087.jpg
    PXL_20220716_135513087.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20220326_001345075.jpg
    PXL_20220326_001345075.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20220303_182519131.jpg
    PXL_20220303_182519131.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
He's gorgeous! What a difficult decision for you. I volunteer at a rescue/sanctuary where one of the Jendays dive bombs my head every time I walk in his room ;) but thankfully with him it's just a quick land and bounce back off!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Its going to help a lot if the members know where you are located, generally. Very tough decision you are making, I don't envy you.

Beebee0221

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Bee Bee
Hi,
I am sad to say that I need to find a new home for my Jenday Conure, Purdy. He (assuming gender as we never did the blood test) is 6 years old, and I got him when he was about 7 months old. I live in Crystal Lake, IL.
He is a very sweet, cuddly, silly boy. I work remotely, so he spends all day with me, unless I'm on work calls, then I move his cage into another room just in case he starts getting too loud. I am looking for a home that will provide a lot of attention and not have him locked in his cage for 8-10 hours a day, since he's not used to that. I can provide a lot more details about him, when someone reached out.
I have been going back and forth on this for almost a year now. I love him very much! Our oldest daughter moved in with us last June, with her husband, and their baby. For some reason, Purdy does not like children! I have no idea why. He's fine with our kids. They were 7 and 9 when we got Purdy. But when ever anyone comes over with kids, he instantly gets aggressive and tries with all his might (even when wings are trimmed) to attack the child! So, or daughter has to let us know any time she's coming in or coming downstairs with our grand daughter, so that I can put Purdy away. Well, now she's pregnant with a second, and we have decided the best course of action is for them to stay with us for another year. I will be helping more with both my grand babies, and I need to do what's best for their safety, and I want Purdy to be happy. Being in his cage most of the day is not being happy. I've tried getting him more comfortable with kids, but he just instantly goes on attack mode! Otherwise, he's the sweetest boy!
Thanks, Tonia
Can you tell me more about him and your timeline? Thank you. :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
This poster lives in crystal lake, Illinois.

There’s a lot of info in that block of text.

Most Reactions

Latest posts