Looking For A Friend…

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
This is Kiwi, and she’s a 11 year old Jenday conure. I am looking for a friend for her. I am thinking a sun, or Jenday would be good as they are similar in size.

I just think Kiwi would do better with a friend. I worry that she is lonely. Conures are so social!

I live in Minnesota, and if anyone is looking to rehome a conure please do reach out to me.
BF9DD53C-DC04-4AAB-A088-FAF16BFEC3C9.jpeg
BA9C3D84-CBD6-4078-912F-16FB6EBC5725.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Kiwi is still looking for a friend! Anyone that is looking to rehome a conure please do reach out 😊

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I don't know about re homing my birds but they might be up for a playdate.

Also ARE YOU SURE....that that is a jenday? Because the size and coloring looks more sun....., (well ok agreed the back is more jenday.)

Just most the Jendays I've seen are a little bit bigger. And head more yellow less orange.
I'm almost certain I'm wrong... but that was my first instinct.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I don't know about re homing my birds but they might be up for a playdate.

Also ARE YOU SURE....that that is a jenday? Because the size and coloring looks more sun....., (well ok agreed the back is more jenday.)

Just most the Jendays I've seen are a little bit bigger. And head more yellow less orange.
I'm almost certain I'm wrong... but that was my first instinct.
Ha ha she was sold as a Jenday from Petco. Her coloration is strange I do agree. She doesn’t really look like a sun or Jenday. She sure does like to squawk like a sun, and jenday. She loves to hear herself 🤣

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
The only jenday I've held was kind of a really big bird. Is it fully grown?

I mean at lest another 2 inches in shear body. I'm not an expert but the one i saw seemed way bigger or I'm just less afraid of birds then I was since then.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
She is huge for a conure! She is 122g, and her vet commented on this right away. Maybe I’m just bad at photography.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
OK could be Jenday then. Might just be perspective.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots

Here’s a video of her… maybe that will show her size better.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
OK yeah that looks way more Jenday.

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
I think I’m having bird fever instead of baby fever. I feel like she needs a friend. She is a bundle of energy. My Ekkie on the other friend would hate a friend as that would cut in on his human time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts