looking to adopt in NY

chris288

Feb 13, 2022
Parrots
Quaker, white bellied caique, congo gray and timneh gray
Ive hand fed / raised bottle fed wiki, my moms Timneh gray, she is now 35 years old and still doing great. I just lost my congo gray after 25 years last month and miss her terribly. personal parrot experience is timneh gray, congo gray, white bellied caique, and quaker. looking to give a great home to a parrot in need. not particular to any one species, prefer small - medium playful clownish types who like to roll around and have a good time. have been doing some shopping at local breeders and really like caiques, sengals, all types of conures. willing to drive,,,, NY CT NJ PA MA.. can provide references both personal and vet. Thnks chris

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Also, all birds have different personalities, and just because one acts one way with an owner/breeder doesn't mean it will act the same way for you.
I don't know of anyone in these areas, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ive hand fed / raised bottle fed wiki, my moms Timneh gray, she is now 35 years old and still doing great. I just lost my congo gray after 25 years last month and miss her terribly. personal parrot experience is timneh gray, congo gray, white bellied caique, and quaker. looking to give a great home to a parrot in need. not particular to any one species, prefer small - medium playful clownish types who like to roll around and have a good time. have been doing some shopping at local breeders and really like caiques, sengals, all types of conures. willing to drive,,,, NY CT NJ PA MA.. can provide references both personal and vet. Thnks chris
Hi Chris, have you tried looking through birdbreeders.com ?

You may be able to find a breeder through there.
Have you thought of perhaps taking in a rescue? You have so many years experience and obviously lots of love to give.
I hope you're able to find a bird to share your life with.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your CAG.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I couldnt agree more, that is why i say species is not important, its all about how well you and the bird interact and warm up to each other.
Exactly. I am so sorry for the loss of your CAG. Rest In Peace, bud ❀️

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Contact the Long Island Parrot Society, LIPS.org, we have an adoption program.

Feb 15, 2022
Parrots
African Grey
Blue Fronted Amazon
Hey Chris,

Not sure if you are willing to pay or not, but I just posted a very calm Blue Fronted Amazon: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/rehoming-blue-fronted-amazon-in-brooklyn-ny.92975/

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Someone in Brooklyn NY is looking to rehome a 2-3 year old Blue Front Amazon that is supposedly very sweet and tame and talks alittle...he/she made a post about it.

Jimhttps://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F677903384%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR33pbJ4N3OFD9cAk5lntX2v54364jFE9jNxQo3gRYthVtAsJdym8m2DfiY&h=AT0szROAowRBndPKaWaSfxj4nRn2_j0BW4pGLeuReKUQz4CiKNLs8OcyoTHpIC7OAq3Q5X12UezrsLdOuitZ8yTiDxPIkMK_FXFojhWE0PSDN_RJJxo-DQgCeiMAuFH7roXo&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT3Eu90_lZmEQGL6PsHF3kTATt8bRmqfhMKAXoDesW1Uv1OX4qJJ_3pstJsyVaf3ffrbPzD2H3XNFK0tvdk1e8fx8ymoSUq6bSBVhtTDlxdv71BaEr0nHNqNtEVZF6F-lL5YYsc-7QdKnPHz01NlOn6V7MpWEEHje31qHixoLGovqA3s8gdB4l9mB9zAnXWTwHRIvQ_rbyaHqxLr9w

Most Reactions

Latest posts