Lump on U2

lulusmomma

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
Parrots
U2& 'tiel
This morning when I took out my U2 from her cage, while Petting her I noticed a small lump on her back, right before her tail.
It dosen't seem to cause her any pain and I am able to touch it with my hand without any reaction from her. It's very small, probably about a couple millimeters around. There are 4 new feathers growing out from it.
She is 12 years old and we got her from her first owners family, her owners had passed away and she was left with the kids who could not care for her. When we got her it was clear that she had plucked out some of her feathers, in the time we have had her we have noticed feather growth and she has 100% stopped plucking.
She was also on a all seed diet when we first got her, since then we have successfully switched her over to pellets. Our only other issue is the fact that she will not eat any vegetables and only a few fruits. (very picky lol)
Other than this mysterious lump directly before her tail, she seems to be her normal, happy self.
:white1::grey:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Sounds like a infected gland. Vet should help clear it up.

Most Reactions

Latest posts