March 2023 POTM Contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Too late for an entry?

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
I am extremely lucky to have each and everyone of my birdies. But I feel incredibly lucky that after 530+ days of waiting and (what I estimate as) a >1,300km journey. I have my Nautilus home with me. The last few weeks have been awesome, getting to finally spoil him with all sorts of food and things to do.
20230316_122334.jpg

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I am extremely lucky to have each and everyone of my birdies. But I feel incredibly lucky that after 530+ days of waiting and (what I estimate as) a >1,300km journey. I have my Nautilus home with me. The last few weeks have been awesome, getting to finally spoil him with all sort of food and things to do.
View attachment 48800
Oh wow, what a handsome boy! I'm not familiar with the species, but he's gorgeous! :)

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Oh wow, what a handsome boy! I'm not familiar with the species, but he's gorgeous! :)
Thank you!
He is a beautiful young Slaty headed parakeet. I've been told in the US they're very uncommon. Here in Australia they're uncommon, but have a stable captive population. I was lucky enough to find a good breeder thanks to a friend.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Oh goodness, Rocky is so sweet! I'd be hard pressed to choose one, but would you like to pick one of these for your official entry? Please and thank you? :)
I didn't realize until now that I had to pick one of Rocky's baby pictures for her official entry for Lucky March! I thought I could because people are permitted enter a video and I couldn't record her development in a video and people are permitted to enter Photoshopped entries and I'm not able to do that either because I don't know how. I wrote up her entry showing her "Lucky" transformation over just six weeks of hand raising. If I could create a one-image collage by cutting and pasting the seven photos together using Photoshop or similar tools showing her development I would. Please advise. Thanks.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
No worries, Donna. Any of them would make for a spectacular entry. Personally, I'm a sucker for the ones showing that cute little face. Sooooo full of love! ❤️

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
No worries, Donna. Any of them would make for a spectacular entry. Personally, I'm a sucker for the ones showing that cute little face. Sooooo full of love! ❤️
I thought what I had written plus Rocky's series of five baby pictures WAS my official entry. I'll chose if I have to but I wish I had the tech ability to make a collage.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
If you could, that would be great. Of course there's another contest coming up in a few days, so plenty of time to figure out a collage type entry if that's what suits the theme for you. Thanks! :)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
This is a great theme for the month, and since March 17 is also WORLD BUDGIE DAY I am entering my precious baby, Rocky BalBirden, in this months' contest because she's one of worlds luckiest budgies. Her Mama couldn't incubate and raise her so I had to do it myself and I had no experience at all! If I hadn't followed expert advice Rocky wouldn't even be alive, so I think she's a pretty darn lucky budgie! No single photo can capture the miracle of baby Rocky's growth and development but the sweet, vulnerable expression on her trusting face at about two weeks old not long after her eyes opened is priceless.
IMG_20221122_102233500.jpg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
If you could, that would be great. Of course there's another contest coming up in a few days, so plenty of time to figure out a collage type entry if that's what suits the theme for you. Thanks! :)
Im pretty useless with anything other than posting a photo and I really wanted Rocky's baby development entry to be in March for World BUDGIE Day month so I'll settle for a single photo. I think people will "get it".

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Im pretty useless with anything other than posting a photo and I really wanted Rocky's baby development entry to be in March for World BUDGIE Day month so I'll settle for a single photo. I think people will "get it".
They absolutely will. Perfect choice! ♥️

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay folks, The contest is now closed, and the poll will be coming up shortly. Thank you to everyone who participated! I'm feeling very lucky indeed to have such wonderful official and just for fun submissions. Maybe not so lucky that I can only vote for one though... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts