Marshmallow treats

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
I wouln't recommend it. I am not a nutritional expert, but with the amount of salt and sugar that is inside a marshmallow, it is probably going to just make the bird sick, both in the short and long term. Try to avoid feeding your bird 'people' foods that are filled with sugars, preservatives and artificial colours/flavours.

For a treat try feeding different sorts of fresh fruit and veg (which you should be offering anyway) and find something your bird really likes. Once you have found this favourite food, you can reduce it from his diet and offer that to your bird as a treat. My ekkie loves hard boiled egg as a treat, which is healthy for him. You could also try different sorts of nuts like cashews, almonds, pine, palm, brazil, walnut etc (not peanuts though).

Sorry for long winded answer :).

Welcome to the forum btw, what sort of bird do you have?

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
What kind of parrot do you have?

Frankly, my CAG would have thrown a marshmallow on the ground and spat on it for the chance to eat some cold watermelon. Try that if you want the ultimate parrot treat.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Welcome to the forum emb, I'd have to agree, other than a little corn starch and gelatin, marshmallow's are pretty much all sugar, I also agree that natural treats such as fruits veggies or small amounts of nuts or seeds are a better way to go, enjoy your stay :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts