Max in a too small cage

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Also, are those parrot safe plants? They’re gorgeous. If they are, I want some!!! I have been wanting to add some greenery in my bird room but have been very lazy about researching what’s safe…

OP
PrimorandMoxi

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
Alright, everyone is missing the real mystery here…

Your patio is so gorgeous and your floors are so clean…even with the mac monster and the Amazon!!! What is your secret?! Do you have Oompa Loompas that come out at night and clean?! Lol!

And fully intact curtains. Be still my heart.
Thanks!!
Unfortunately, my parrot-partner makes me clean the cages, change the papers and vacuum every single day.

OP
PrimorandMoxi

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
&
&
Also, are those parrot safe plants? They’re gorgeous. If they are, I want some!!! I have been wanting to add some greenery in my bird room but have been very lazy about researching what’s safe…
That's a great question.

We don't let them get at the plants.
knock on wood.

I think there are a bunch of resources on this site but the gardener in the family won't take that into consideration.
See's a plant and has to grow it.
Even if it has to be smuggled into the country.

OP
PrimorandMoxi

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
&
&
Max is magnificent! I agree his set up looks nice and he looks happy. Love the photo of him on his person's shoulder. What an awesome shoulder bird.

I could never get Max that close to my face.

I am the caregiver, the cleaner, and the food prepper. But he is bonded to the person on whose shoulder he sits.

Max longs for the day he gets a hold of my nose, I see it in his eyes.

I can play with him, he'll step up, I can give scritches...
but he is very aggressive and communicates everything with his beak.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
That's a great question.

We don't let them get at the plants.
knock on wood.

I think there are a bunch of resources on this site but the gardener in the family won't take that into consideration.
See's a plant and has to grow it.
Even if it has to be smuggled into the country.

Hahaha. That’s me with the orchids they keep discounting at the grocery store. Every windowsill on our second floor has orchids. It’s getting out of hand.

Well they’re lovely! Yes, I should get off my rear and research myself. We get lovely natural light in my office (the “bird room”) and I would love plants!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Hahaha. That’s me with the orchids they keep discounting at the grocery store. Every windowsill on our second floor has orchids. It’s getting out of hand.

Well they’re lovely! Yes, I should get off my rear and research myself. We get lovely natural light in my office (the “bird room”) and I would love plants!
The only problem is that parrots love to destroy things, so the plants would likely be destroyed! I have found a few parrot safe plants that mine don't really touch, but I've gone through so many plants to find the few that don't get instantly shredded. It can cost a fair bit too unfortunately so I always look for ones on sale (or that are being thrown away, I saved ÂŁ70 on some pussy willow sticks because my work was throwing them away).

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
The only problem is that parrots love to destroy things, so the plants would likely be destroyed! I have found a few parrot safe plants that mine don't really touch, but I've gone through so many plants to find the few that don't get instantly shredded. It can cost a fair bit too unfortunately so I always look for ones on sale (or that are being thrown away, I saved ÂŁ70 on some pussy willow sticks because my work was throwing them away).
When I let my budgie out she never flies to any of my houseplants much less try to destroy them and she will chew anything she can get get beak on. I don't know why she shows no interest in the plants and i cant keep her out of anything on the fining tac3. However that doesn't mean your bird won't. It's just not CERTAIN he will.

Most Reactions

Latest posts