May 2021 POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So the best of the best.
As already mentioned it's extremely difficult to choose.

My official entry is Pacho.
She was hands down the most colorful of my flock and sweet to boot.
looking at her face is like looking into a beautiful sunset.

Pacho_7-2 by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

my two runners up are Bingo.
The fine detail of his face and the tiny water droplets that can be seen.

Bingo close up 2 by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

and a little stop motion photography of a hummingbird.

hummer-2 by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

A trio of magnificent choices, Wes. Excellent choice of Pacho, delightful coloration and her sweetness leaps from the monitor!

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
JFF
Gemma will grab a toy, roll onto her back, snatch the toy out of her mouth with her feet and swing her legs back and forth. She’ll keep going until her grip weakens and the toy falls out.
(It’s not the best photo but if Gemma noticed that I had a large camera facing her she would stop and make sure I had no evidence of her in such position)

gemster-albums-gemma-picture23436-gemma-her-back.jpeg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
JFF
Gemma will grab a toy, roll onto her back, snatch the toy out of her mouth with her feet and swing her legs back and forth. She’ll keep going until her grip weakens and the toy falls out.
(It’s not the best photo but if Gemma noticed that I had a large camera facing her she would stop and make sure I had no evidence of her in such position)

gemster-albums-gemma-picture23436-gemma-her-back.jpeg

Gemma is awesome! It sounds like she is also getting her exercise in:) I love this so much, it really shows her playful personality.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

**JFF entry!**
Gabby helping herself to seed - this was not staged as she lifted the lid, perfectly balanced against pellet container. Disclosure: Pic taken 23 years ago, no longer feed seed and Zupreem Fruit blend. Notice beak marks on blue lid!

GJxdLP7.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
**JFF entry!**
Gabby helping herself to seed - this was not staged as she lifted the lid, perfectly balanced against pellet container. Disclosure: Pic taken 23 years ago, no longer feed seed and Zupreem Fruit blend. Notice beak marks on blue lid!

GJxdLP7.jpeg

After having been read her rights by local law enforcement, Gabby was heard to exclaim "It's just one jar, man, I can give this stuff up whenever I want!!"

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Good one Scott! Poor Gabby only wanted a 'liddle' bit. It's a good thing she was able to container self.

One reason I use the Mason jar type - Salty has not (so far) figured out how to open those.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
**JFF entry!**

GJxdLP7.jpeg

Haha! The look on Gabby's face is priceless, like if I don't look at Dad he won't notice.
What a smart girl to have balanced that lid so the noise of it falling wouldn't alert you to what was going on!

Kaytana22

Apr 25, 2021
Media
Albums
Alabama Sir
Parrots
Cockatiel, Budgie, GCC
kaytana22-albums-my-birds-picture23440-cuddle-time-mommy.jpg

Cuddle time with her mommy b4 bed. I picked this one because she just looks so innocent and sweet in spite of her sometimes naughty nippy self

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
kaytana22-albums-my-birds-picture23440-cuddle-time-mommy.jpg

Cuddle time with her mommy b4 bed. I picked this one because she just looks so innocent and sweet in spite of her sometimes naughty nippy self

Awww, she is so precious! What a great cuddler she is, and she looks so content:)
Is her name Star Candy?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I love it! What a cool name:)

Lynn816

Apr 7, 2021
Parrots
Timneh African Grey, Buddy
F53F5BC1-D1B8-4ECD-8EAC-2C9D99792439.jpg
My new Buddy! He really loves scratches and I really love that he really loves scratches. ❤️

26209d1620939302-may-2021-potm-contest-f53f5bc1-d1b8-4ecd-8eac-2c9d99792439.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
View attachment 26209
My new Buddy! He really loves scratches and I really love that he really loves scratches. ❤️

26209d1620939302-may-2021-potm-contest-f53f5bc1-d1b8-4ecd-8eac-2c9d99792439.jpg

Buddy is gorgeous! I love that look of pure bliss on his face, he looks like he is settling right in with you:)
Congratulations on your new family member!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
animated-happy-smiley-image-0019.gif
Just For Funzees!

"Two Tiny Roosters"

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21177-birdletviii.jpg

This is my personal favourite pic of our then purple crowned lorikeet, Sludge, and his ever present budgie mate, Pete, from way back in 2004. They were best little buddies and got up to all sorts of mischief together. Here they are plotting their next round of naughtiness, trying to look all innocent when they realise they're being photographed. They were SO cute together :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Just For Funzees!

"Two Tiny Roosters"

This is my personal favourite pic of our then purple crowned lorikeet, Sludge, and his ever present budgie mate, Pete, from way back in 2004. They were best little buddies and got up to all sorts of mischief together. Here they are plotting their next round of naughtiness, trying to look all innocent when they realise they're being photographed. They were SO cute together :)

Haha, I love this pic so much! They tried to look innocent but that gleam in Sludge and Pete's eyes tells the real story. What a beautiful team!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Just For Funzees!

"Two Tiny Roosters"

Deeply sentimental pic, Martina. Love the innocence despite Thelma & Louise proclivities!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions