Me and bird

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
I have a budgie I've considered a teil in the future but it won't be anytime soon I'd like to gain more experience before I get any more birds.
Hi. I've joined this forum because the one I was using before was occasionally rude and getting worse. I've never liked conflict when it's easy to resolve things by discussions,
me not always holding the same opinions can sometimes disrupt conversations. I'm here mostly looking for a calm environment with receptive people. I know that it's impossible to control how people react but as long as it's monitored or resolved when it occurs is the only thing that matters and that is something I can appreciate.

I have a budgie my experience with the birds themselves is limited but my experience on the subject of birds is vast
I got a couple of complications with her I'd like to learn how to resolve she's the first bird I've been unable to tame for various reasons.
One of the things I'd like to learn more about is body language it's hard as there isn't a lot of physical examples of this body language and visual examples help me when learning. That and maybe reading others' perspectives and stories might help me develop a better understanding of how to approach my own situation.

You'll see me around soon :cool:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm not sure what species you have?
I have a general article on parrot behavior body language i will look for.

One good tip is to get them moving towards you. It starts small and you shape it. First you can put a treat in a small treat only dish. Bsck away and when they take treat praise.
Then after they are good st that, you wait till they look st you to put treat in. Then yiu work up to them taking one step towards the treat dish before you put treat in. Then halfway, then they have to come to dish to get treat. Finally they have to take from your hand. Can take days, weeks, months. But having them move towards you is powerful mind shaping, that you are bringer if treats.

Last edited:
OP
Calculations

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
I have a budgie I've considered a teil in the future but it won't be anytime soon I'd like to gain more experience before I get any more birds.
I'm not sure what species you have?
I have a general article on parrot behavior body language i will look for
Does it have visuals? visuals are very important for me to understand it. and i got a budgie

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your budgie, looking forward to sharing ideas. Thanks for joining our knowledgeable, cohesive, enthusiastic family of bird enthusiasts!!

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Hi and welcome!!! Budgies have quite an easy body language to read, actually.
For example when you see their feathers completely sleek and the bird looks thin, it could imply fear. Or if you see a bird that is leaning towards you with the forehead feathers really puffed up - the bird is really happy and maybe even wishes to play. Bird body language is quite subtle. Perhaps looking up on youtube could help you see different types of body languages.

An example: Here's my favourite from my Csilli - superbly happy, notice the forehead feathers how puffed up they are, giving almost a bulgy apearance.

Attachments

• _DSC4725.jpg
    _DSC4725.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 101

LEdward

May 4, 2021
Media
Hi. I've joined this forum because the one I was using before was occasionally rude and getting worse. I've never liked conflict when it's easy to resolve things by discussions,
me not always holding the same opinions can sometimes disrupt conversations. I'm here mostly looking for a calm environment with receptive people. I know that it's impossible to control how people react but as long as it's monitored or resolved when it occurs is the only thing that matters and that is something I can appreciate.

I have a budgie my experience with the birds themselves is limited but my experience on the subject of birds is vast
I got a couple of complications with her I'd like to learn how to resolve she's the first bird I've been unable to tame for various reasons.
One of the things I'd like to learn more about is body language it's hard as there isn't a lot of physical examples of this body language and visual examples help me when learning. That and maybe reading others' perspectives and stories might help me develop a better understanding of how to approach my own situation.

You'll see me around soon :cool:
Check the works of Bird Tricks (JamieLeigh and her husband Dave owners). They have great videos on the different types of bird body language. It has helped me a great deal. Good luck!

OP
Calculations

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
Check the works of Bird Tricks (JamieLeigh and her husband Dave owners). They have great videos on the different types of bird body language. It has helped me a great deal. Good luck!
I've seen some it's mostly her just talking about it instead of images put together to show the behavior, I'm probably gonna ask around and find my own images to get a physical idea. I'm also not a big fan of bird tricks but i don't wanna discuss why.

Most Reactions

Latest posts