Meegosh found a new hang out spot

Yes he is gorgeous. And he WILL eat your slipper. Especially those lovely pink laces lol

JP

Can I just say that I would love to spend a few hours at your house watching 11 caiques play!:eek: What a riot that must be! Do they all play well together? How many are BHC? Do you breed them? How much of a difference do you see between the black headed and the white belled?
When I was younger I fed quite a few of the WBC because my breeder friend had two pairs but she didn't have the black headed at all.

Lol yes playtime is a three ring circus at my house. Firstly theres two groups. There are 3 new caique babies, not integrated in the flock yet, they play in my bedroom, hopping and wrestling and making a wet mess in the shower.

The other 8 (about 3.5yrs old) have a wild time in the aviary all day chasing each other round. Then they have an afternoon nap and wait for the sound of my car arriving, for the evening play session.

Its exhausting, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

To answer your question, there's no BHC. I have WBC, yellow thighs, and the very rare GTC, exactly like the WBC but with Green thighs. I dont see any practical difference between WBC and GTC. The GTC seem marginally smaller, but I only have 4, a poor sample to make judgements on a species

GTC Imgur

WBC Am I not cute? - Imgur

Attachments

• GTC.jpg
    GTC.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I am REALLY happy to report that Meegosh has been actively rubbing his beak on his new pedicure perches. Out of the seven perches in his cage 3 of them are different brands and diameters of pedicure perches. The amount the vet removed from his beak was noticeable but I am seeing even less over hang on the one side of his bottom beak. Having had none in his previous life nor toys to chew or good food I think it is what made this get so out of hand.

While the little darling now has plenty of chew wood toys I haven't seen him playing or chewing any of them, he did however really go after a colored Popsicle stick last night so he will be getting an endless supply of those until he figures out what all those colorful do-dats are hanging in his new digs.

I am really hopeful that this will make a significant difference.:D

I love that photo, and it warms my heart to read how Meegosh has settled in!

Yes, feet are definitely a favorite perch. Must be a caique thing. Unfortunately for Henry, there's only room for one: Eliza beat him to the place of honor on this particular occasion...

IMG_2812.jpg

I cannot have birds on my bare feet I am ridiculously ticklish that would get a bird accidentally flung off.:p But I LOVE that pic...better your feet than mine.

I cannot have birds on my bare feet I am ridiculously ticklish that would get a bird accidentally flung off.:p But I LOVE that pic...better your feet than mine.

For goodness' sake don't report me to the ASPCA, but I'll have to admit Eliza and/or Henry have gone flying on more than one occasion! It's perfectly fine if they're up there doing their morning preening. However, every once in awhile, whoever is on my foot will do the beak cleaning routine on my toes. I clench my teeth, close my eyes, and try to think of the most depressing thing imaginable. But invariably I'll crack. My feet start shaking, I'll burst into laughter, and off they go!

Just as I've regained my self-control, they come back, and the cycle begins anew...
:p

How did I miss this until now Laura?!! Beautiful little caique! Meegosh is such a cute little charmer!

Most Reactions

Back