onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Iā€™ve written so much about Ona itā€™s about time my other three babies get the spotlight!

I have 2 Pugs and one Border-Aussie. Their names are Bently (black Pug), Otis (fawn Pug), and Sheba ( not a Pug XD ). They are all seniors now and Iā€™ve had them since they were puppies.

A0D95609-4FDF-46EA-A51B-A7212F2F1C68.jpeg
99EFFF11-C608-4573-947E-18F1B4B7E80A.jpeg
94C5E377-CC51-48E8-A681-685556EE1EB1.jpeg
2FF5619A-DA5B-436E-93BC-98394F9E098D.jpeg

Fun fact: when my now husband met me I had all three dogs by myself! I told him we were a package deal ;) he loves them all too!

9B2F1A72-7578-4BFF-A0EB-C68C29664BDA.jpeg
03DB8CAB-73CE-4E7D-B711-313870FA030C.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Iā€™ve written so much about Ona itā€™s about time my other three babies get the spotlight!

I have 2 Pugs and one Border-Aussie. Their names are Bently (black Pug), Otis (fawn Pug), and Sheba ( not a Pug XD ). They are all seniors now and Iā€™ve had them since they were puppies.

View attachment 48891View attachment 48892View attachment 48893View attachment 48894

Fun fact: when my now husband met me I had all three dogs by myself! I told him we were a package deal ;) he loves them all too!

View attachment 48895View attachment 48896
Ah! Pugs! So cute! And the bicolor eyes on Sheba are lovely!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwww, they're beautiful! I've never had a pug but we had a Boston for a while, and a big smushy face french mastiff, coincidentally named Bentley. Sweetest old man ever! ā¤ļø Sheba is just gorgeous! My big guy, Nuke, is a shepherd border lab mix, and I hate to call him "senior" but he kinda is. He'll be 11 this year, but still loves to play hard with my other two. :)

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Thank you all! I agree they are all the cutest and yes SPOILED! I didnā€™t want to call them seniors for the longest time either but Sheba just turned 13 and the Pugs will be 13 later this year. Honestly senior dogs are the best! So calm and easy. BUT, even though Sheba is 13 she demands her walk everyday - regardless of rain, snow, or wind :ROFLMAO: She would walk for miles and miles if Iā€™d let her.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Haha, I understand spoiled. All three of ours sleep with us, and the baby, our little dalmatian who turns 2 this summer, sleeps under the blankets with her head either down by our legs, or up on the pillows. Best bed warmer ever! Saved on our heating bill this year since we turn it way down in the bedroom, thanks to her :)

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Haha, I understand spoiled. All three of ours sleep with us, and the baby, our little dalmatian who turns 2 this summer, sleeps under the blankets with her head either down by our legs, or up on the pillows. Best bed warmer ever! Saved on our heating bill this year since we turn it way down in the bedroom, thanks to her :)
Awww šŸ’œ Oh yes Pugs make the best warmers! They are chunky and so warm. Bently especially does what we call the ā€œBently smooshā€. He gets under the covers and smooshes as close to you as he possibly can. When itā€™s cold out he often does the smoosh as soon as my alarm goes off. It makes getting up very hard and itā€™s soooo warm. All nice until he kicks you in the ribs with his back legs :ROFLMAO:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Awww šŸ’œ Oh yes Pugs make the best warmers! They are chunky and so warm. Bently especially does what we call the ā€œBently smooshā€. He gets under the covers and smooshes as close to you as he possibly can. When itā€™s cold out he often does the smoosh as soon as my alarm goes off. It makes getting up very hard and itā€™s soooo warm. All nice until he kicks you in the ribs with his back legs :ROFLMAO:
How do your three dogs deal with Ona? How do you keep Ona safe around them?

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
How do your three dogs deal with Ona? How do you keep Ona safe around them?

Mine are all going on 13 years old so theyā€™re very calm and spend most of their time snoozing šŸ˜“ Theyā€™re also low prey drive. Most of the time they ignore Ona. Sheā€™s more interested in them than they are of her! She likes to make sure they get fed at their meal times.

It really depends on the dog with birds. The dogā€™s breed and temperament really make a difference. But - Itā€™s always a risk having a dog and a bird no matter what you do and I donā€™t recommend it to anyone. I never leave them alone together and donā€™t encourage them to interact.

Most Reactions

Latest posts