Meyers or Pionus?

voodoochild

Sep 11, 2010
I know this is a stupid question because it is about personal preference and then individual birds can be different too but I am going to ask it anyway... I am between a Meyers and a White Cap Pionus. I would get both if I could because they like eachother so much and theyre both so sweet. I am looking for a bird that is on the quiter side and talking ability doesnt matter to me. I just want a bird that gets a long with everyone you know doesnt bite and isnt going to have my neighbors complaining about noise. Thanks for any input.
-Jon

Honestly, I would go with a Pionus, but you have to consider that of the Pionus species the WC is fiestier. I am partial though. (I have a pionus of my own.)

I had a blue headed Pionus. Great bird! Not loud at all. Liked to be with me, but was great on his own too. Liked all my friends that came over too.

I am in the same boat as you!!!! I am considering either a pionus or a meyers! :D So far I'm more on the pionus side of things but that could change...

Well I got the Meyers. I forgot to check my post before I went to go pick her up. The Meyers was a little beaky but much more cuddlier. The Pionus was a little more reserved. I wish I could have gotten both because they got a long so good with eachother. But I am really happy with her. After doing my research I was prepared to get the Pionus but after holding both of them I went with the Meyers.

Hey Jon, congratulations on the new fid (fid=feathered kid), I must have missed this thread first time around, I have to admit I love both species, Pionus and Poicephalus, like Scott I've also had great experiences with BHP's, good luck with the new baby, and if you've been paying attention you know how much we love pics here on the forum, when you get a chance we'd love to see your baby :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back