birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
So today I cleaned Misty's outside cage. I'm ashamed to say it was quite a bit worse than I thought and I felt really sorry for the old gal with all this humidity everything outside gets really gross really quick. So I apologized to her and after throughly disenfecting everything and giving her a good bath she is sitting in my room in a seperate cage from the others. I debated about whether to put her in the same room as them - but sher had to either be in my room or outside. I am very excited that her poo although very watery isn't stinky and splattery like it was. I have hopes that maybe all it was , was her egg laying being made worse by yucky living conditions. She is very happy or at least Daisy is although SIdney feels invaded. Any thoughts on whetjter I shoulf keep them seperated?

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
So glad the poo is getting better! :D And, don't get down on yourself about the cage ;) --that icky stuff builds up fast (in warmer weather, moreso). I think I would keep Misty in isolation until her feces looks normal (and maybe even a few days longer--but, I get paranoid)? Good thoughts to you!!

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Oh mercy me, no you aren't a bad parront ... you should have seen what I powerwashed off my fids' cages this weekend past! :eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Kelli the most important thing is you realised and did something about it. You are a good Parront and you only have to look at your fids to realise that. You built an outside cage, got Misty a friend a bad Parront wouldn't have done all that. Don't beat yourself up. They ALL love ya and you love them. Think I would keep them isolated until the poop is back to normal.

Think of this as a learning experience, you've realised how quickly the icky bits build up and were quick to put it right, Good job you I say. I'm sure your spoiling Misty right now, and I bet she is lapping it all up feeling very special. :D

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
her poo is getting better all the town it almost looks completely normal so we wills ee how long we can keep her from laying more eggs

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
This morning I cleaned my bird cages and boy did they need it ... dirty cages happens from time to time ... it's only a crisis if you DON'T clean them up.

I hope your baby gets better soon.

Most Reactions

Latest posts