Mom, Dad and their baby not happy family anymore. Help

Down2earth

Dec 9, 2021
Parrots
1 female and male pair cockatiel and their 1st time one female they raised last year
3 Cockatiels in one large cage.... mom, dad & their 9 month old baby is laying now. Mom is stressed. Both are laying and fighting. What to do?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
You need to separate them before this turns violent. This will likely end with one of the birds being killed, especially if you have two nesty females competing for places to lay eggs in a small cage.

OP
D

Down2earth

Dec 9, 2021
Parrots
1 female and male pair cockatiel and their 1st time one female they raised last year
You need to separate them before this turns violent. This will likely end with one of the birds being killed, especially if you have two nesty females competing for places to lay eggs in a small cage.
I have baby in separate cage now with her one egg she laid. Should i boil egg like they say and return to her or just take it out?
Should i get her another bird for her?
She can still see mom and dad should i let them have flight time together supervised? Thanks for your reply.

No more eggs i took them away from both birds.Hated to do that but moms eggs were not fertile and the baby only had one andost interest. She does not want to go in her new cage to sleep. She is out with the other 2 most of the day. Spends time still with them in their cage. No more fighting. What should i do. How do i keep these 3?

Last edited:
OP
D

Down2earth

Dec 9, 2021
Parrots
I have baby in separate cage now with her one egg she laid. Should i boil egg like they say and return to her or just take it out?
Should i get her another bird for her?
She can still see mom and dad should i let them have flight time together supervised? Thanks for your reply.

No more eggs i took them away from both birds.Hated to do that but moms eggs were not fertile and the baby only had one andost interest. She does not want to go in her new cage to sleep. She is out with the other 2 most of the day. Spends time still with them in their cage. No more fighting. What should i do. How do i keep these 3?
Baby wouldnt go back in cage at night so she is back with mom and dad all is well again. Eggs will be taken away aling with nesting box.

Most Reactions

Latest posts