More adventuring...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Amy's been getting a good share of adventures the last few weeks. This one wasn't big,just a ride to the local Dairy Queen (again) A good crowd was there last night and I won't go on about the attention he got and pictures taken.

A young woman approached us,maybe in her late 20's and said "what an awesome Blue Fronted Amazon you have there" Right there I knew she was birdy savvy. She asked the usual questions then asked if he would step-up for her.I told her ya he probably will but he might chomp you too! She laughed and said thats not an issue her Yellow Nape does too at times,must like the way I taste. So she put her arm out,hand in a fist,and in a girlish voice said "step-up Amy..c'mon you can do it" Even with me,when I ask him to step-up,he hesitates. The foot goes out,touches my hand,then pulls it back..he has done it all his life,guess he's not sure how steady the "perch" is.
Well he stepped right on to her fist as she talked to him and he went into his wacky mode...amazon speak...stevie wonder head movement and a couple hello's. The final "awesome amazon" was she got to give him a fifteen second head skritch :eek:

Someone has stolen the real Amy. The more he goes on adventures the more he amazes me.Trying now to teach him how to say adventure:D

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There must be some kind of signal that train Humans provide that our Parrots pick-up on. Julio is the same with with new people. Some the foot raise and others not a tiny movement. The ones that get the high-four all have Parrot experience.

Amy evaluating the Human race, one Human at a time! Way to go Amy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts