Mouse Update-Recheck visit

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
Mouse, my 2 yr old Sun, saw her normal CAV today, after seeing an ER vet on Friday due to respiratory sounds.

Dr. Marc gave her a full exam... And she passed with flying colors :D

Her weight held steady at 92g (she's on the small side due to issues with her weaning. My Jenday is bigger than she is) her feathers are perfect, her vent was clean, nose and eyes looked fabulous, her feet were a healthy pink, and when he looked into her mouth at her Papillae he said he wanted to take a photo of their perfection ROFL.

He said her chest sounds perfect. No wheezing or stuffiness or crackling. Her nasal noises are gone. Her heart was clear and steady. He did some flex tests on her wings, legs and feet to be sure all moved well... Mouse is a total clutz. When he palpated her belly he said she's definatly not underfed and warned to watch that she may start getting a bit chunky.

Mouse was a total champ and was cool being held without a towel while he examined her.

Dr Marc thinks that maybe this wasn't a URI but possibily another issue with her irritating her nasal passages with water or the air being dry. He did however switch her from the SMZ that the ER vet gave us to Doxy for the next 2 weeks as precaution. He said he's seen better results with Doxy. Plus it tastes better so she may actually take it instead of wiping it on my hand :D

He said getting a better air purifier and the new humidifier should help her as well and said he would recommend stopping her oxygen treatments now that she is clear.

So... After a scary and long Friday night at the ER, Mouse got her all clear today :D so proud of my girl. And hearing the vet say how good she looks, even with the recent events, made me feel like I'm doing something right ROFL. She enjoyed sitting in her favorite position while we waited for her check up in the exam room :)

lovemyconlan-albums-mouse-picture18020-img-20170503-125933698.jpg

lovemyconlan-albums-mouse-picture18021-img-20170503-125832066-hdr.jpg

I've watched my girl go from this:
lovemyconlan-albums-mouse-picture14887-a.jpg

To the photos up above... And I can say she's turned into a beautiful little girl 💜💜💜💜💜

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What a treat to read a success story, and even better to scroll further down to realize that Mouse was a plucker! You've done well with her and should be proud of your accomplishments!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
That's is awesome hearing little mousey has a perfect bill of health!
I must admit, Mouse is extremely beautiful,and lucky,to have an awesome mommy! Great job!

Jim

OP
LoveMyConlan

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
What a treat to read a success story, and even better to scroll further down to realize that Mouse was a plucker! You've done well with her and should be proud of your accomplishments!!

Thank you Scott!! She's my girl. She was never fledged properly and had 2 issues with sour crop before she came home from the breeder. So between all that and this, she's my clutzy medical nightmare. Even my vet will tell you she's Developmentally Retarded from how she was raised before she came home.

And while she did suffer from a small bit of plucking when she first came home, the last photo was one of her baby photos I took on a day I visited her as a little baby :) She saw me a few times a week from when I first held her at 2.5 weeks of age.

This collage was made in 2015 and includes one of the first photos I got off her at a few weeks and on till that October. Now she looks like the above photos :)
lovemyconlan-albums-mouse-picture18022-mouse-may-october-2015.jpg

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
She's beautiful! How lucky she is to have you taking such good care of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts