My cockatiel doesn't have feathers on her inner leg

Caitlynn

Jun 7, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel and Lovebird
The outside is fine, but it looks like dry blood but not a lot. Just specks of it, there's no feathers there. She's recently been dropping feathers that look like pin feathers, there's a gel like texture of light pink at the end of the pin feathers she's dropped. She'll randomly start like yelling? Like the sound she makes when she doesn't want to be touched when I'm not touching her. I was trying to give her a bath when I noticed the lack of feathers on her leg. I know there's not supposed to be a lot of feathers in some places, but I've never heard the inner leg not having feathers.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
The outside is fine, but it looks like dry blood but not a lot. Just specks of it, there's no feathers there. She's recently been dropping feathers that look like pin feathers, there's a gel like texture of light pink at the end of the pin feathers she's dropped. She'll randomly start like yelling? Like the sound she makes when she doesn't want to be touched when I'm not touching her. I was trying to give her a bath when I noticed the lack of feathers on her leg. I know there's not supposed to be a lot of feathers in some places, but I've never heard the inner leg not having feathers.
Bring her to an avian vet. She may have a skin parasite that's irritating and itching. Mites of some sort, perhaps? Whatever it is you really should have her seen because we aren't avian vets. You don't want her to suffer.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Welcome to the forums!

Do you think you could post a picture of what you’re seeing on her legs?

Most Reactions