My lovely lovebird passed away suddenly...Needs help

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read. This is my 1st time posting on this forum.

I have been so devastated by the sudden death of my lovebird, and I found this forum. I thought it would help me to get some helpful opinions.

I just find it extremely hard to get a closure on this.

My bird is "Newbee", she actually flew into my house 7 years ago. My dad found her flying around the patio, and offered her some food and she stayed with us after that.

She was a naughty girl, she really loved biting and playing with the little toys we gave her. And lately she grew rather attached to my other bird "Ms. boss", and they would be scrubbing each other's head, and chit-chat on the passage between their cages.

Newbee was a naughty bird, she liked to walk around the cage and secretly went to Ms. boss' cage to eat her food. I just did not believe that a heart failure would happen to a bird like her.

When I came home last Friday night, I played with Ms. boss first for half an hour, and whilst I turned around and check Newbee, I found that she fell off from her rod, and she couldn't get up. Then I started to feel worried, I opened her cage and let her out. Normally, she would just jump out from the cage, but this time she walked slowly to gate, and she walked wobbly.

We picked her up, and she was half-responsive, really slow and unable to sing. We fed her some water by cotton swabs, and she was sipping a bit. In where I live, there's no special vet for bird. So, I was genuinely crying and drying to the vet. With Friday night's traffic, it took us almost an hour or more to get to the vet.

The vet was already busy with other appointments, so we had to wait till a generous person offered for us the priority to see first.
The vet checked the weight first, he almost lost 3-4 grams in just a day. She was too weak to respond, and I felt that she was really out of breathe.

The vet explained to us that newbee was suffering from a kind of heart failure. Her beak was really pale, and her claw tips were turning purple-ish. The vet said that this is a sign that blood doesn't circulate to the very tip of the body, and this had been some time already. The vet also mentioned that she felt more comfortable lying because standing up could be difficult for breathing.
She was then given the nutrition shot by the vet because she was too weak. After the shot, the vet fed her the medicine for relieving the heart issue by a tiny needle, that went straight down from the beak.

She was really still, fine, weak but still berating after all that. Then, we started driving her back home. After driving for 5 minutes, she looked a bit more energetic, but I was so wrong. She started suffering so much, and during the whole journey my mom held her on her palms, and she suddenly jumped and wanted to fly away. She was using her very last strength to fly...I couldn't watch it since I was driving. But then, she was gone, her eyes were open. I felt so sad that with many what if's....in my heart. What if I have noticed it earlier, what if I didn't ask her to see the doctor...what if....

I wouldn't really question her diet though. We take good care of our lovebirds. We have had longevity love birds. We had one that was 19 years old when she passed away earlier this year.

Every morning we feed them apple, and sometimes they have banana, boiled broccoli or seasonal vegetable for afternoon snacks. In the night, they will have some apple again. We also give them balanced pet food. Made of egg yolks, seeds and spinach.

We give them clean filter water, and clean often. They usually have time to go out and walk around in the afternoon and evening.

I just think that we are trying every possible thing to make them feel happy here.

I checked and found out that you can do necropsy, but we already buried her in the garden with her favourite blanket. I don't want her to go under the knife again...but I just feel so sad

Her friend Ms.boss has been waiting for her to come back, and she makes those unusual sound that she's never made before. I think she's really in deep sorrow like us.

It's just so hard for me to believe that she's suddenly gone like this. She was so happy eating her apple in the morning...

My mom had to cancel her doctor appointment in order to take her to the vet. The nurse made fun of her with that...Like why would you take a bird to see a "doctor"? I mean...she's our family....

I'm just wondering if anyone have experienced something similar as this? What could we do to better prevent situations like this?
I know birds are good at hiding, but I just really don't want to have this thing happen again...

I just can't stop crying when I think of what happened...maybe I just want a closure with what happened to her...

I attached some pictures here, she's the one with grey features. Ms. boss is the yellow-red one.

Attachments

• S__48709636.jpg
    S__48709636.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 126
  • S__82362497.jpg
    S__82362497.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 162
  • S__82362514.jpg
    S__82362514.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 130
  • S__48709639.jpg
    S__48709639.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 122
  • S__82362515.jpg
    S__82362515.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 123
  • S__82362518.jpg
    S__82362518.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 144
  • S__48709643.jpg
    S__48709643.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 133
  • S__48685114.jpg
    S__48685114.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 126
  • S__48685116.jpg
    S__48685116.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 121
  • S__48685118.jpg
    S__48685118.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 137

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the Forums, Mustikka, although I am very sorry that it is under these extremely sad circumstances. Newbee sounds like she was a wonderful, sweet and playful little lovie and she most certainly was a beauty too!

I'm very glad that Newbee had 7 wonderful years being loved by you, although in my opinion it can never be long enough. As Newbee was a stray i suppose it's difficult to say how old she might have already been when she arrived at your home. It certainly sounds to me like you did everything you could for the whole time that you had her to give her a great life, and I believe that you did everything possible for her when she was suddenly taken ill. Heartbreakingly, our birds have evolved to be so very good at hiding any sign of illness or fatigue that even the most attentive parronts don't realise that they are ill, sometimes until it is too late. I do so wish that they weren't so very good at this, but they are. And I'm extremely dismayed by the terrible attitude displayed by that nurse at the doctor's clinic! Rest assured though that you are among friends here who understand your pain and empathise for your loss, and I am so glad you found us at this very distressing time. Most of us here, myself included, have suffered the pain of loss like you, and we are here for you.

I offer you the following verse written by an anonymous poet. It has always meant a lot to me...

"I will lend to you, a bird," God said,
"And teach you all you have to do,
And when I call her back to Heaven,
You will know she loved you too."

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, sweet little Newbee, until we all meet again.

BirdAddictK

Sep 26, 2021
I'm am so
Hi Everyone,

I have been so devastated by the sudden death of my lovebird, and I found this forum. I thought it would help me to get some helpful opinions.

My bird is "Newbee", she actually flew into my house 7 years ago. My dad found her flying around the patio, and offered her some food and she stayed with us after that.

She was a naughty girl, she really loved biting and playing with the little toys we gave her. And lately she grew rather attached to my other bird "Ms. boss", and they would be scrubbing each other's head, and chit-chat on the passage between their cages.

Newbee was a naughty bird, she liked to walk around the cage and secretly went to Ms. boss' cage to eat her food. I just did not believe that a heart failure would happen to a bird like her.

When I came home last Friday night, I played with Ms. boss first for half an hour, and whilst I turned around and check Newbee, I found that she fell off from her rod, and she couldn't get up. Then I started to feel worried, I opened her cage and let her out. Normally, she would just jump out from the cage, but this time she walked slowly to gate, and she walked wobbly.

We picked her up, and she was half-responsive, really slow and unable to sing. We fed her some water by cotton swabs, and she was sipping a bit. In where I live, there's no special vet for bird. So, I was genuinely crying and drying to the vet. With Friday night's traffic, it took us almost an hour or more to get to the vet.

The vet was already busy with other appointments, so we had to wait till a generous person offered for us the priority to see first.
The vet checked the weight first, he almost lost 3-4 grams in just a day. She was too weak to respond, and I felt that she was really out of breathe.

The vet explained to us that newbee was suffering from a kind of heart failure. Her beak was really pale, and her claw tips were turning purple-ish. The vet said that this is a sign that blood doesn't circulate to the very tip of the body, and this had been some time already. The vet also mentioned that she felt more comfortable lying because standing up could be difficult for breathing.
She was then given the nutrition shot by the vet because she was too weak. After the shot, the vet fed her the medicine for relieving the heart issue by a tiny needle, that went straight down from the beak.

She was really still, fine, weak but still berating after all that. Then, we started driving her back home. After driving for 5 minutes, she looked a bit more energetic, but I was so wrong. She started suffering so much, and during the whole journey my mom held her on her palms, and she suddenly jumped and wanted to fly away. She was using her very last strength to fly...I couldn't watch it since I was driving. But then, she was gone, her eyes were open. I felt so sad that with many what if's....in my heart. What if I have noticed it earlier, what if I didn't ask her to see the doctor...what if....

I wouldn't really question her diet though. We take good care of our lovebirds. We have had longevity love birds. We had one that was 19 years old when she passed away earlier this year.

Every morning we feed them apple, and sometimes they have banana, boiled broccoli or seasonal vegetable for afternoon snacks. In the night, they will have some apple again. We also give them balanced pet food. Made of egg yolks, seeds and spinach.

We give them clean filter water, and clean often. They usually have time to go out and walk around in the afternoon and evening.

I just think that we are trying every possible thing to make them feel happy here.

I checked and found out that you can do necropsy, but we already buried her in the garden with her favourite blanket. I don't want her to go under the knife again...but I just feel so sad

Her friend Ms.boss has been waiting for her to come back, and she makes those unusual sound that she's never made before. I think she's really in deep sorrow like us.

It's just so hard for me to believe that she's suddenly gone like this. She was so happy eating her apple in the morning...

My mom had to cancel her doctor appointment in order to take her to the vet. The nurse made fun of her with that...Like why would you take a bird to see a "doctor"? I mean...she's our family....

I'm just wondering if anyone have experienced something similar as this? What could we do to better prevent situations like this?
I know birds are good at hiding, but I just really don't want to have this thing happen again...

I just can't stop crying when I think of what happened...maybe I just want a closure with what happened to her...

I attached some pictures here, she's the one with grey features. Ms. boss is the yellow-red one.
I'm so sorry for your loss. R.I.P Newbee

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Welcome Mustikka!

I am sorry the loss of your beloved lovebird. :(:(:( She was a beautiful pied grey mutation. It must have been lovely to see her flying with those whiteish wing tips!

I'm just wondering if anyone have experienced something similar as this?
Well, I did in so many ways although I think you meant the heart condition and for any heart diseases, no I have not.

I also received a peachfaced lovebird in my life that entered flying in my home. She was the one that introduced me in the lovebirds world. As you, I also rushed late at night braving a rainstorm to bring a sick bird (budgie) to the veterinary, people ridicule that laughing and saying "all that for a bird?" I have had my share of sudden losses too, a cowbird and an oriole that came to me as nestlings fell from the nest. The Oriole was born with a serious malformation in the head (lacking an eye and blind of the other). He was born that way but I always knew he could have bigger brain issues and six months later he just died with no warning signs.

The cowbird was a perfect healthy baby, but I swear I observed a couple of events that seemed to me as strokes. He was sleeping and had a tremor. The second time that happened he almost fell from the perch. I always thought this could have been the reason he fell from the nest.... One afternoon, in a regular Sunday he was just fine in the morning and died suddenly in the afternoon. I just saw the cage "empty" and he was lying in the cage floor.

Sometimes they are born with unknown health issues that we could never guess...

Please accept my condolences and try not to blame yourself.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
My condolences on the loss of Newbie. She had some very good years with you, much preferable to being out in the wild. I too had a parrot just go, in the blink of an eye, its very upsetting, but yes sometimes they do have some congenital issues that just makes them leave us with no warning. So sorry.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Please accept my deepest, heartfelt condolences for the passing of Newbee. Thank you for joining and sharing cathartic narrative with gorgeous images.

Purposeful grieving an imperative given your bond with Newbee. Let the tears unabashedly flow, testimony to a beautiful life. I hope in time Newbee's precious memories bring more joy than despair.

Sadly, your mom was recipient of ignorant, insensitive verbiage. Quite shocking from a member of the healing profession.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, my, my, my... I am so sad to hear of your loss. I'm glad you're opening up here. One thing I always like to pass along for bereaved people is this: your darling passed away while LOVED and ADORED. That really is a rare and wonderful thing. I personally believe that endures into Eternity.
Welcome to our Community.

9lhIlM0.jpg

OP
Mustikka

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
Welcome to the Forums, Mustikka, although I am very sorry that it is under these extremely sad circumstances. Newbee sounds like she was a wonderful, sweet and playful little lovie and she most certainly was a beauty too!

I'm very glad that Newbee had 7 wonderful years being loved by you, although in my opinion it can never be long enough. As Newbee was a stray i suppose it's difficult to say how old she might have already been when she arrived at your home. It certainly sounds to me like you did everything you could for the whole time that you had her to give her a great life, and I believe that you did everything possible for her when she was suddenly taken ill. Heartbreakingly, our birds have evolved to be so very good at hiding any sign of illness or fatigue that even the most attentive parronts don't realise that they are ill, sometimes until it is too late. I do so wish that they weren't so very good at this, but they are. And I'm extremely dismayed by the terrible attitude displayed by that nurse at the doctor's clinic! Rest assured though that you are among friends here who understand your pain and empathise for your loss, and I am so glad you found us at this very distressing time. Most of us here, myself included, have suffered the pain of loss like you, and we are here for you.

I offer you the following verse written by an anonymous poet. It has always meant a lot to me...

LaManuka,

Thanks for your kind words. I do really appreciate it.
I am really grateful to find this parrot forum, and to be able to find people who know I feel.

Newbee was a really playful girl, she was energetic and loved to walk around the house.

Thank you for having this community here. By browsing through some articles, I found some useful information and some tips for me to take care of my bird.

The pain of loss is certainly much greater than what I expected, especially when it came unexpected. I know it is part of life, and we all need to go through different kinds of events in life.

Thank you for the beautiful poet. I do have tears in my eyes when I read your post.

It gives me a different kind of closure I suppose, and to know that there are people out there who understand how I feel.

OP
Mustikka

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
Welcome Mustikka!

I am sorry the loss of your beloved lovebird. :(:(:( She was a beautiful pied grey mutation. It must have been lovely to see her flying with those whiteish wing tips!

Well, I did in so many ways although I think you meant the heart condition and for any heart diseases, no I have not.

I also received a peachfaced lovebird in my life that entered flying in my home. She was the one that introduced me in the lovebirds world. As you, I also rushed late at night braving a rainstorm to bring a sick bird (budgie) to the veterinary, people ridicule that laughing and saying "all that for a bird?" I have had my share of sudden losses too, a cowbird and an oriole that came to me as nestlings fell from the nest. The Oriole was born with a serious malformation in the head (lacking an eye and blind of the other). He was born that way but I always knew he could have bigger brain issues and six months later he just died with no warning signs.

The cowbird was a perfect healthy baby, but I swear I observed a couple of events that seemed to me as strokes. He was sleeping and had a tremor. The second time that happened he almost fell from the perch. I always thought this could have been the reason he fell from the nest.... One afternoon, in a regular Sunday he was just fine in the morning and died suddenly in the afternoon. I just saw the cage "empty" and he was lying in the cage floor.

Sometimes they are born with unknown health issues that we could never guess...

Please accept my condolences and try not to blame yourself.
Kitekeeper,

Thanks for your kind reply. :):):rainbow1:
Yes, it's devastating for me to have her gone, she was a naughty girl and I do miss her a lot.

I don't know if bird veterinary is common in other parts of the world, but it's certainly not a majority in my city. I had to drive like an hour to get there, and I'm usually worried about losing precious golden time to save a bird's life.

I just think owning a pet means a lot of responsibility. Their life is mostly shorter than we humans, and I just want to bring them joy and happiness whilst they are around.

I took care a peach-faced lovebird family before, the daddy was a stray, and he stayed with us for almost a decade, we got him a cute wife ( stayed with us for almost 13 years ), and 3 children. The eldest "Ms. boss" is still with us ( 15 years so far), the 2nd sister "Leggy" stayed with us for a short time for 6 years, passed away with a cold. The 3rd brother "Three-ish" stayed with us for 14 years too.

They are naughty, but full of love and curiosity.

I'll try to introduce them in my later post when I gather my thoughts.

I also admire people who can take care of the injured birds, I did try to save some Japanese White-eye on the road, we provided them water and some liquid food, but they just didn't survive for more than a week. But, I just don't want them to die on the street like that...

Again, thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate it.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
LaManuka,

Thanks for your kind words. I do really appreciate it.
I am really grateful to find this parrot forum, and to be able to find people who know I feel.

Newbee was a really playful girl, she was energetic and loved to walk around the house.

Thank you for having this community here. By browsing through some articles, I found some useful information and some tips for me to take care of my bird.

The pain of loss is certainly much greater than what I expected, especially when it came unexpected. I know it is part of life, and we all need to go through different kinds of events in life.

Thank you for the beautiful poet. I do have tears in my eyes when I read your post.

It gives me a different kind of closure I suppose, and to know that there are people out there who understand how I feel.
You are more than welcome, Mustikka. Like you, I found this forum having experienced a sudden and devastating loss, and it was the compassion, warmth and understanding that I found among this community that helped me get through it. I hope that you find the same comfort here, and that one day the memories of Newbee's mischievous ways will bring you more smiles than tears. Sending love to you, and to Ms.boss too :) ❤️

OP
Mustikka

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
My condolences on the loss of Newbie. She had some very good years with you, much preferable to being out in the wild. I too had a parrot just go, in the blink of an eye, its very upsetting, but yes sometimes they do have some congenital issues that just makes them leave us with no warning. So sorry.
Hi Wrench13,

Thanks for sharing your story with me. It must be hard for you to see your parrot gone like that. I just thought she would get better, but it wasn't. So sorry that you've lost yours too.

I just want to try to think of the good times that we shared together. It's sad, but it's life.
Thank you again, and I really appreciate you making the effort to write here.

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Hi there!
First of all I am so so sorry for the devastating loss of your bird. If it makes any difference, I understand completely how you are feeling as my beloved Daisy passed away recently and she meant the world to me. I feel your pain.
Now, I'm not sure if it is too late to say this, but have you considered a necroscopy? At the end, my Daisy also died from a heart failure, but it turned out that she had a fungus which had developed over several months. During this time of course I took her many times to the hospital to see the avian specialist, but it was not diagnosed. I am planning on posting a detailed account of what happened to her with some information on the lessons I have learnt from all of this for future reference for others. But I will say this: it is so absolutely complicated and almost impossible to know what caused this heart failure you are referring to – unless her tissues and internal organs are examined under a microscope after her death. This is the only way you will know. Even after Daisy passed away, my doctor looking at her tissues with her naked eye didn't know what the cause of her death was until the histology. And the doctor I am referring to has decades of experience working with birds. THE most important thing when it comes to bird health, is monitoring their droppings if this is one thing I should mention here. And yes – birds are astoundingly amazing at hiding everything. My Daisy was happily dancing around until the day before she was an emergency situation. This point cannot be stressed enough: they will hide everything that is wrong with them until it is too late! May your beautiful beloved rest in peace. Lots of love and healing to you and warm blessings 🌷 🌹

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
I should also add – please don't blame yourself. And please know that it is absolutely normal to be questioning the "what ifs" but, as I am learning now, birds are very delicate and sometimes these things are beyond our control. When I was questioning the what if what ifs, my doctor said: "this is your mind trying to play tricks on you. It's because your mind wants to take control of the situation." Sometimes there really is nothing we could do. At some point, we will both understand this – I am still in the process myself. Sending you love and strength through this very trying time.

smarta

Sep 27, 2018
Iowa and Florida
Parrots
Two Citron toos and one pearl cockatiel

I recently lost my favorite bird. She was killed by a barrier that I had put up to keep her safe. It was in place for 8 years with no incident. But somehow she knocked it over and was killed by it. I know you are feeling a lot of pain but please don't blame yourself or continue to figure out what happened. I'm also sorry that the nurse was so rude. I'm a nurse myself and it makes me sad that someone who is supposed to be compassionate and caring seems to be lacking in those traits. You are not alone. Looks like you came to the right place.

OP
Mustikka

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
Please accept my deepest, heartfelt condolences for the passing of Newbee. Thank you for joining and sharing cathartic narrative with gorgeous images.

Purposeful grieving an imperative given your bond with Newbee. Let the tears unabashedly flow, testimony to a beautiful life. I hope in time Newbee's precious memories bring more joy than despair.

Sadly, your mom was recipient of ignorant, insensitive verbiage. Quite shocking from a member of the healing profession.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your kind words.

It's certainly a privilege to be in the community, I'm so glad that I found many parrot lovers here.

Like you said, time is probably the best medicine for this case. I just kind of wish I had done a bit more, but I guess nothing is sufficient in this case.

My mom was rather shocked when she heard what nurse said, but I guess it is difficult for her to comprehend how we feel. They don't understand that animal have feelings, and they are certainly our babes.

Thanks for sharing your pictures too, you have gorgeous parrots!:rainbow1::orange:

OP
Mustikka

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
Oh, my, my, my... I am so sad to hear of your loss. I'm glad you're opening up here. One thing I always like to pass along for bereaved people is this: your darling passed away while LOVED and ADORED. That really is a rare and wonderful thing. I personally believe that endures into Eternity.
Welcome to our Community.

9lhIlM0.jpg
Hi GaleriaGila,

Thanks for your sweet words.
It is absolutely devastating to lose someone you love.

And To be honest, it was hard to describe my feelings to some friends who don't own any pets.
I felt like an outcast whilst describing my pain and sorrow.

Thanks for having this community, I feel people can really relate to what I experienced.

Thank you, and I will make sure that I visit here often,

OP
Mustikka

Mustikka

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Lovebird (Ms. boss)
I should also add – please don't blame yourself. And please know that it is absolutely normal to be questioning the "what ifs" but, as I am learning now, birds are very delicate and sometimes these things are beyond our control. When I was questioning the what if what ifs, my doctor said: "this is your mind trying to play tricks on you. It's because your mind wants to take control of the situation." Sometimes there really is nothing we could do. At some point, we will both understand this – I am still in the process myself. Sending you love and strength through this very trying time.
Hi Farnoosh,

I'm truly sorry for your loss. It's certainly not easy to see them go.
Your Daisy must have been a wonderful fellow to you.

Thanks for your useful suggestion, I truly appreciate it.
Yes, I have thought about necroscopy, but I've decided to drop this idea.
Mostly it's because that avian specialist is not only specialising in avian, but they are also occupied with other small animals.

I once went to a really respectable avian specialist in my city, and he has quite a few high-tech equipment, but he just didn't check my sick birds well, and just told me that I should feed them more medicine. All the birds I took to that avian specialist died, maybe it's by chance. But somehow, I just don't feel comfortable enough to pass my babies to him. He might be very skillful, but I really see no compassion in his eye. I'm sure that he does a good job of what is specialising at, but I think being a doctor/nurse/ any compassionate jobs, you need to have a bit more than professional skills...I don't know, maybe I'm asking too much

Of course, I understand for every mistake you make, you try to fix it and make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm just being very careful with their food, fruits and their hygiene in general, and I want them to have fun and enjoy the world.

To be honest, sometimes I'm afraid to take my birds to see the doctor. I'm aware of the fact that they are extremely delicate, and any misuse of medicine can just kill them in an blink of eye. I've taken many birds to the doctor, and they didn't survive a day after the visit. I wonder at times if I actually trigger their death? I know there's no answer to that...but I just try to process this and like you said...learning to embrace it.

On a side note, may I know why a Fungus was developing in her body? I'm just curious about this. Only If you don't mind sharing this with us here.

Thank you, and lots of love and big cuddle to you, may your beautiful Daisy rest in peace x :white1::greenyellow:

Most Reactions