my parrot- interpretation of new sounds

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
When I blow to my parrot, he stands and looks me in the eye, as usual, but today he also started making noises every time I blow, kind of like the soft croaking of a crow. it doesn't fly sideways, it stands and croaks softly. How should I interpret these sounds?

Parrot Pleasures

Aug 23, 2022
Parrots
2 budgies
Generally I've heard that parrots don't like to be blowed on and some people use it as a form of punishment if their bird bites them. If it is a growl it means that your parrot is stressed and aggressive. If your parrot seems very relaxed with pupils that aren't dilated, it may mean that he is relaxed and enjoys it. Hope this helps!

OP
OgY

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
Generally I've heard that parrots don't like to be blowed on and some people use it as a form of punishment if their bird bites them. If it is a growl it means that your parrot is stressed and aggressive. If your parrot seems very relaxed with pupils that aren't dilated, it may mean that he is relaxed and enjoys it. Hope this helps!
:unsure:..I will consider your point of view, it may be closer to parrot logic. For me, blowing represents a kiss at a distance, but.. the impression of the parrot is crucial. Thanks for sharing :)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I wonder if he's trying to blow a kiss back! Especially since he's standing calmly. I bet he's responding to you :)

• Love
Reactions: OgY
OP
OgY

OgY

Aug 1, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Eastern Rosella
I wonder if he's trying to blow a kiss back! Especially since he's standing calmly. I bet he's responding to you :)
I'm just replying to say, that you were right with the assumption of gentle croaking! My parrot started every time I spoke to him long and gently, after a while, looking in my eyes, he answered my every word with a croak, quietly. It should be affection and love!

Most Reactions

Latest posts