Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
God bless you you rescued them you gave a good heart. My prayers to your precious bird 🙏😍
Thank you so much ❤️

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Is there any chance the goofy head positioning could be partly due to an ear injury or infection? I knew a bunny (clinic bunny at my vets) who had a permanent head tilt after an ear infection.

Just a suggestion in case it hasn’t been considered or eliminated.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Is there any chance the goofy head positioning could be partly due to an ear injury or infection? I knew a bunny (clinic bunny at my vets) who had a permanent head tilt after an ear infection.

Just a suggestion in case it hasn’t been considered or eliminated.
Unfortunately it was a stroke, diagnosed by our vet. It also affected her leg and foot, and as more strokes happened it just got worse.
Thank you for the suggestion though, I appreciate that:)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Unfortunately it was a stroke, diagnosed by our vet. It also affected her leg and foot, and as more strokes happened it just got worse.
Thank you for the suggestion though, I appreciate that:)
I did see the whole side is involved, but thought I should offer the info anyhow. I’m glad she’s doing so well in her new cage.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Sadly, Shay passed during the night. I say sadly, because I am sad and will miss her so much. I am comforted by the fact that she is not struggling anymore, that she is now flying free and without pain with her long time love, Severide.
She has merely crossed over to a new Incredible Journey, and I am so thankful to have loved her for part of her journey here.

My sweet Shay Butter, forever missed and forever loved.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Big hugs, Terry.

I'm so glad she got to enjoy being spoiled in her later years ❤️
Thank you so much, Denise. The more hugs the better.
I'm so glad of that too. I was so blessed to have her, what a fighter she was.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Sadly, Shay passed during the night. I say sadly, because I am sad and will miss her so much. I am comforted by the fact that she is not struggling anymore, that she is now flying free and without pain with her long time love, Severide.
She has merely crossed over to a new Incredible Journey, and I am so thankful to have loved her for part of her journey here.

Oh no! Poor shay:( I am so, so sorry you lost this wonderful bird. I know it's hard for you.

May dear Shay rest in peace ❤️

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
More hugs on their way from me too, Terry. 🤗 🤗 🤗
You were both so blessed to have each other ❤️
Thank you so much, Jon, I'm always glad that you never run out of hugs.
We were blessed, and that makes me smile.

Oh no! Poor shay:( I am so, so sorry you lost this wonderful bird. I know it's hard for you.

May dear Shay rest in peace ❤️
Thank you so much, Pipp. It is hard, she was such a sweet girl and she fought so hard.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Shay is now comfortable and free again. Remember that, and that you helped her and her mates lives to be better. 🌺
Thank you so much, Heather, I agree. No more pain, no more struggling, just peace and blue skies.
I'm honoured that I played a part in their journey and am so glad I took them in.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This is what I remind myself when I miss Lucy a lot: that she was very old and hurting and now she is well and at peace.
I also find that makes it easier. 💔

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Blossom I'm so sorry to hear of Shay's passing. Your love and care would have made that passing a little easier for her, but it's awfully hard for you. Many more hugs and so much love to you Terry, I know that Shay is reunited with Severide now. Shay is another precious soul who was so lucky to have been loved by you ❤️

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw

Terry,
We are so sorry to hear that Shay has passed.
You gave her lots of care, attention, and love and I'm sure she appreciated that.
May she rest in peace without pain.
Hugs from Kelly and myself, plus a big blue and gold feathered hug from Arika.

Most Reactions