My Son Passed Yesterday

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
šŸŒ“ā˜€ļøFlorida, USAā˜€ļøšŸŒ“
Parrots
šŸŒŸ š“¢š“½š“Ŗš“»š“µš“²š“°š“±š“½ć€˜F Lutino Budgie怙šŸŒŸ
āœˆļø š™…š™Ŗš™£š™žš™¤š™§ć€˜M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakariki怙āœˆļø
Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. This sounds so devastating and unfair.

I not sure if we're really able to discuss sensitive material like religious/political matters...but I would simply advise that, if this is what's going on, for your & your family's safety, to look into speaking with a priest about all of these things. I think you and your family deserve peace, safety, and freedom from anything that may be trying to harm you.

Now, I'm not *telling* you to do this, but I definitely think it would be a good way to approach getting some peace and resolve from this situation. I've definitely had to take up arms, so to speak, against some... things... that were bothering me personally, so if you want advice, I think the forum rules permit me to give that through PM, but I'm not totally sure.

I just read the forum rules, and I absolutely swear, at one point there was a mention politics/religion, but that may very well have been another forum, because I read through them a couple times and didn't see mention of it.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Parrots
Sun Conure son (with me in spirit);
Baby Robin (my son's reincarnation? RIP);
Red Factor Sun Conure (adopted);
Magpie (rescued as baby, returned to the wild after 1 year, 24+ years ago).
No worries. Iā€™m used to replying most things, but Iā€™ve also noticed the reaction emojis on this website too so I might also utilise those when needed. How are you feeling this month? I still feel quite depressed most days. But I guess Iā€™m also managing to get back to other routines again. Iā€™m trying to interact a bit more with the other birds here. Mostly in the evenings when itā€™s time to clean them up and put them to bed. But the pain is still there. Sadly, one of the diamond doves passed away last week which was upsetting for me. And one of the parakeets (an Indian ringneck named Socrates) was unwell recently but thankfully recovered after a quick vet visit and medicine. How did your interview at Amazon go? Is the job in Canada or the US? Thatā€™s understandable. It sounds like you have more roots in Canada so it makes sense to want to stay. Itā€™s never too late to create a life elsewhere though. But if you have the choice, definitely go with the job and country that you prefer to work at and live in.

I was thinking that thatā€™s what the mirror test is. I used to read on another forum that some parakeets enjoy having a mirror because they think itā€™s another bird there. Such as budgies.

I had never heard much about oversouling apart from seeing it in tv shows and movies. I never thought it could be real. I am truly amazed.

I think listen to your heart. Our hearts and guts can sometimes tell us things, especially when things arenā€™t right with something in our lives.

What are the traditions of reincarnation? If a bird reincarnates as a bird again, is that a higher level? Are there levels? I think someone once told me that the highest level of reincarnation is as a human. But in all honesty, I sometimes think humans arenā€™t always the best species on this earth so I wonder why we would be a higher level.

May I also ask what natural medicine you fed the baby robin that helped him recover? Or even any other bird that you have helped recover and released in the past? Is it the reishi oil you mentioned above or other foods and/or medicine? During summer here we get lots of baby birds around. Mostly sparrows, black birds, starlings and sometimes different kinds of finches. But sometimes they injure themselves or get attacked by a predator (namely butcher birds) and they never survive the night (I guess due to the attack from a butcher bird). Sometimes a baby is just abandoned because itā€™s deemed too weak to survive by its parents and they last a few days in a box before eventually dying too. I just sometimes wonder if there is something to give them to help them survive and be released. Baby bird food formula never seems to work and sometimes I think they sadly just die of starvation or stress.

I read through the dreams and incidents that you wrote about. It does seem quite confusing. I wonder why all this was happening. It feels like a sign from your son. Also, please keep documenting everything that has happened, even if you donā€™t put it all on here. Because it will be good to read later especially if you forget anything and need to pinpoint something as well. And it would make a great book too. Everything just seems oddly timed. And tied to what happened with your son. Itā€™s possible that the baby robin was the reincarnation of your son. It really seems that way especially because of the last dream. But Iā€™m saddened that he also died and in the same pose. I hope he didnā€™t suffer, but I also think the tissue paper that you put would have made him comfortable. I wonder if he was trying to get you to heal more.
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your diamond dove :(
It's good that the other parrot is recovered.

Oversouling is a process where the soul of a deceased pet teaches the new pet old behaviors. They must agree beforehand for this to happen. This info was obtained from Brent Atwater.

Reincarnation has 3 types: walk-in (rare), soul braiding (extremely rare) and new body reincarnation (the most common form).
I suspect my son's case is either an oversouling (not reincarnation) or a soul braiding reincarnation (most likely) based on the details I documented. See also:

The baby robin is a soul braiding reincarnation of my son. I draw this conclusion because the baby robin exhibited behaviors of both my son and itself. This fact disfavors walk-in reincarnation and new body reincarnation, as there is only 1 soul governing the body in the latter processes. Moreover, my 2 dreams favor reincarnation over oversouling.

According to Brent Atwater, animals usually prefer to be reincarnated as animals / same species. It's possible for a human to reincarnate as an animal and vice versa, but it's not common. She gave some physical reasons for this (different species have different energy frequencies therefore they don't want to adapt to a new frequency = become a different species), but I don't buy that because there was no math / physics to back up her claims. I'm a physicist.

I had bad luck at Amazon interview. Normally I ate 1 meal (dinner) per day, but that day I had a cup of instant noodles in the morning. I had food poisoning from the noodles and my brain stopped working :(

Yes I fed the baby robin the Lucidispore on the 1st day. He recovered so fast (within 2 hours, from he could barely open his eyes --> he could fly short distances). However I forgot to feed him the Lucidispore on the 2nd day, as I figured he didn't need it anymore. I was wrong. Also the dog food I fed him (some articles suggested that) contained salt that I wasn't aware of. Things turned 180 degrees on the 3rd day. I also think I fed him too much egg yolk that he couldn't digest.

Butcher birds are evil. I don't want anything to do with them.

I'm no longer depressed because I'm convinced that my son is with me in spirit. I still cry sometimes when I look at his pictures / videos. And when I do, my newly adopted red sun would stop all his antics and be a good boy, while standing on my shoulder.

Last edited:
OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
I recently adopted a 3-4 yrs old red factor sun conure from a breeder for half the price at 850 CAD. It lost its mate and became aggressive to the breeder. It was living in a hideous condition, eating only peanuts and sunflower seeds with tons of green mold in it. The first day he was here, my entire house smell like mold. He was way overweight > 200g and has cleavage on his chest. He would starve himself and not move his ass for food, after I moved his food bowls further away from his perch. He could not fly even though he was fully grown. He likely has fatty liver disease and a high cancer risk.

I added some small amount of Reishi 415 / liposomal (?) NMN + Resveratrol to his pellets. Half of the time I just give him regular pellets without these supplements. I'm not giving him any supplements this week as I'm trying to make him eat newly opened bag of Tropimix. It's been shown (for mice) that intermittent administration of NMN and Resveratrol (dissolved in fat) has the best effects (lifespan increase of over 50%, if I heard that right from Dr. David Sinclair). NMN is especially good for metabolic diseases.

The red sun is just like my son, they would never scream in the morning until they confirmed that I woke up. This guy is never aggressive towards me, at least not to the degree of my son. On the 2nd day he was here, he called me "ba ba" (father) out of the blue, and no one ever taught him that. The same word my son used to call me! He made coffee grinder sound the 2nd time I used my coffee machine while he was here. He enjoys being on my shoulder now. And his flying ability is improving day by day. As of now, his flying capability is pretty amazing, given that he is missing 1-2 tail feathers. He was super noisy at times, until I figured out a way to train him out of screaming. I also asked my son by his grave to help me calm this guy. He suddenly became well behaved after that, except since a few days ago he discovered that chewing on my shirt is so much fun.

I bought him Tropimix on the 1st day because I fear he wouldn't eat Tropican Lifetime Formula pellets. I was wrong. A few days ago I thought the pellets went bad so I dumped it. Now it turns out that he doesn't like the Tropimix.
I also have my eyes on TOP's 100% organic pellets. I'm not sure if it has enough nutrition cuz there is no vitamins / minerals added to it, but it looks 100% healthy. The price is also good.

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think Harrisonā€™s pellets are really good. And zupreem natural Is pretty good as well. My birds didnā€™t like the hardness of the TOPS pellets though I think they taste better.

Interesting. Sometimes i think I hear Willow say one of Lucyā€™s old phrases. I forget that she is not here anymore.

Maybe he does; maybe he doesnā€™t. Lucy was my bird friend for many years.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
I think Harrisonā€™s pellets are really good. And zupreem natural Is pretty good as well. My birds didnā€™t like the hardness of the TOPS pellets though I think they taste better.

Interesting. Sometimes i think I hear Willow say one of Lucyā€™s old phrases. I forget that she is not here anymore.

Maybe he does; maybe he doesnā€™t. Lucy was my bird friend for many years.
Did you teach Willow Lucy's old phrases?

I'm pretty sure neither me or the breeder taught the red sun how to say "ba ba". The moment I heard him calling me "ba ba" on the 2nd day, my heart was pounding.

I could add water to TOP's pellet. I'm actually getting it from a nearby store tomorrow and will try it out. Harrison is not as organic as TOP's, and it's pricey here.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. This sounds so devastating and unfair.

I not sure if we're really able to discuss sensitive material like religious/political matters...but I would simply advise that, if this is what's going on, for your & your family's safety, to look into speaking with a priest about all of these things. I think you and your family deserve peace, safety, and freedom from anything that may be trying to harm you.

Now, I'm not *telling* you to do this, but I definitely think it would be a good way to approach getting some peace and resolve from this situation. I've definitely had to take up arms, so to speak, against some... things... that were bothering me personally, so if you want advice, I think the forum rules permit me to give that through PM, but I'm not totally sure.

I just read the forum rules, and I absolutely swear, at one point there was a mention politics/religion, but that may very well have been another forum, because I read through them a couple times and didn't see mention of it.
Will PM.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have not taught Willow any of Lucyā€™s phrases or words, and he hardly ever talks. Just quietly in his cage, mostly in the mornings during his quiet breakfast and happy time.

I am surprised how much he loves to be held and pet, though. His last owner did not do that with him and said the photos I sent didnā€™t seem like the same bird. She wrote that ā€œhe would never have let her do that (pet him and kiss and hold him). She said he must be happy because heā€™s not chewing off his feathers.

Or maybe I have been lucky and gotten another sweet and loving bird, because I needed a bird friend so much. Losing your bird after 22 yrs together is awful even if she was old and crotchety. She still loved me and thought I was the beeā€™s knees. I probably didnā€™t deserve that kind of devotion but I tried anyhow.

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
Wow. This information about reincarnation is really interesting. And only you know deep down if the baby robin was the reincarnation of your son. Because only you knew his distinct behaviours.

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that the amazon interview didnā€™t go well. I donā€™t eat instant 2-minute noodles anymore because Iā€™ve had the same problem with them in the past more than once, i.e. food poisoning. Probably because of the way I prepared it but also because I think the packets of seasoning etc werenā€™t that great either. It was one particular brand though but Iā€™ve avoided all of them ever since. These days I have a fear of food poisoning due to an anxiety disorder so Iā€™m very careful about what I eat, but 2-minute noodles have been off my list for a very long time! I hope you are doing well since then though. I hope the job search is going well for you too.

Do you have butcher birds in Canada? I thought they only existed in Australia. I agree with that statement. I don't want anything to do with them either. I understand that many people love all animals nonetheless, but I am selective with species, and the butcher bird is on my list of ā€œdo not like and do not want nearbyā€. Iā€™ve just seen them do horrendous things to smaller birds and it breaks my heart.

I am also glad to hear youā€™re not depressed and also congratulations on adopting a new conure! It's normal to still feel sad though, but I'm glad to know that the depression itself has subsided for you. Perhaps the red factor is helping with that. I think Iā€™ve found it hard to move past my ducklings death because it was murder. When kiara the lovebird died, it was from illness (it was sudden though too), but I had a sign from her the next day and somehow, I felt like I could move forward even though I also grieved. But I canā€™t seem to with the ducklings. I had to google a red factor sun and I canā€™t believe how red they are. How amazing. I have two conures here, a red crimson belly named rico, and a green cheek named nico (I think the green cheek may be a hybrid though as her eyes are very different to all conures and her colours are a tad different too). Rico drives me insane on some days. And every morning when I open the bird room door and she starts shouting for me to take her blanket off. I love them both though. Itā€™s a crazy relationship. Sheā€™s so naughty. But sheā€™s also unique and funny. Sheā€™s been tipping her water bowl every day and then Nico gets very angry with her because she has no bowl to bathe in. Funny pair they are.

Have you made another post about your new red factor? And will you put up pictures of him soon? I had no idea that conures could be very expensive. Ours were given to us by someone who couldnā€™t look after them in 2018, and she herself acquired them from someoneā€™s estate. So I donā€™t know much about their history apart from their ages, to which they should be 8 years old now. And Rico was actually named ā€œBlueā€ by the first estate owner. No idea why since sheā€™s red bellied but I changed it to Rico (and her friend Nico). I actually donā€™t know their genders either. But from behaviour, I suspect Rico is a boy, and Nico a girl. I still refer to Rico as her despite what I suspect though. Iā€™m just used to it.

I remember there used to be a locally owned pet store here about 20 minutes away and the owner specifically sold bird products more than other species and also bred and sold birds and she used to sell her conures for about $300 or $400 I think. She used to hand raise them as well so they were tame. That shop closed down 3 years ago I think. It was good for unique bird products and for her birds, but her prices on other items like perches were very overpriced, and could be purchased for a lot less at other stores.

I feel bad for the red factor you adopted because of his previous conditions and the high risk of disease. I hope he doesnā€™t develop any diseases. But I think he is lucky to have found you. Perhaps being with you, he will adopt a better lifestyle because, no doubt, you will look after him better. And a longer life. I wonder why the breeder offered him at half price? Did he want to get rid of him quicker due to the aggression? Iā€™ve tried many times to give pellets to all my birds and the only ones who ever ate them were the conures. They seem to like trying anything. Except millet. For some reason they donā€™t care for millet both in the seeds or hanging.

I am finding many similarities between your son and the red factor, and my two conures. They also do not talk during the morning (thankfully, as I already have trouble sleeping and Rico shouting would not be very good for that) until I have either opened the door of their room, or if they hear me or my partner talking a bit loudly then the shouting from Rico begins. Nico doesnā€™t shout much, but rather makes car honk sounds instead. The lovebirds start chattering away earlier in the morning but I'm used to them.

I am amazed that the red factor already knows how to say baba. I think he has learned that you are looking after him, and thatā€™s why he likes being on your shoulder.

What seed mixes do you give your conure? Not brand, but the mix type? Small parrot? I give small parrot to all mine. And canary/finch mix for the diamond doves and ringneck doves. Also have you named your red factor yet?

HeatherG, what you mentioned about your Willow enjoying being petted, reminds me of Socrates our Indian ringneck here. He came in 2017 as a 10-year-old who had lived in an aviary most of his life (and probably with different owners) and his recent prior owners didnā€™t like him much because they thought Socrates killed their female bird. They gave Socrates to us for free and he wasnā€™t tamed at all and would growl etc. But slowly he became curious, and my partner would sometimes just grab him out of nowhere (Socrates would put up a fight though) to pet him for a while. Within a few months he could put his arm to him, and Socrates would jump onto it. From being an aviary bird his whole life, to willingly going to a humanā€™s arm in months. I guess he eventually realised that we werenā€™t gonna hurt him. I still havenā€™t handled him, but if he is being held, then I can give him scratches on his head. And I can hand him a piece of seed like sunflower or safflower and he will take it from my hand. The previous owners were shocked that within months socrates could be petted like that. Heā€™s also in love with one of the lovebirds. One of the ladies from the local bird club here said, he probably wonā€™t be interested in a female ringneck anymore as heā€™s now been surrounded by lovebirds for years. Itā€™s cute though. I think you do deserve to have a sweet and loving bird.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
Wow. This information about reincarnation is really interesting. And only you know deep down if the baby robin was the reincarnation of your son. Because only you knew his distinct behaviours.

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that the amazon interview didnā€™t go well. I donā€™t eat instant 2-minute noodles anymore because Iā€™ve had the same problem with them in the past more than once, i.e. food poisoning. Probably because of the way I prepared it but also because I think the packets of seasoning etc werenā€™t that great either. It was one particular brand though but Iā€™ve avoided all of them ever since. These days I have a fear of food poisoning due to an anxiety disorder so Iā€™m very careful about what I eat, but 2-minute noodles have been off my list for a very long time! I hope you are doing well since then though. I hope the job search is going well for you too.

Do you have butcher birds in Canada? I thought they only existed in Australia. I agree with that statement. I don't want anything to do with them either. I understand that many people love all animals nonetheless, but I am selective with species, and the butcher bird is on my list of ā€œdo not like and do not want nearbyā€. Iā€™ve just seen them do horrendous things to smaller birds and it breaks my heart.

I am also glad to hear youā€™re not depressed and also congratulations on adopting a new conure! It's normal to still feel sad though, but I'm glad to know that the depression itself has subsided for you. Perhaps the red factor is helping with that. I think Iā€™ve found it hard to move past my ducklings death because it was murder. When kiara the lovebird died, it was from illness (it was sudden though too), but I had a sign from her the next day and somehow, I felt like I could move forward even though I also grieved. But I canā€™t seem to with the ducklings. I had to google a red factor sun and I canā€™t believe how red they are. How amazing. I have two conures here, a red crimson belly named rico, and a green cheek named nico (I think the green cheek may be a hybrid though as her eyes are very different to all conures and her colours are a tad different too). Rico drives me insane on some days. And every morning when I open the bird room door and she starts shouting for me to take her blanket off. I love them both though. Itā€™s a crazy relationship. Sheā€™s so naughty. But sheā€™s also unique and funny. Sheā€™s been tipping her water bowl every day and then Nico gets very angry with her because she has no bowl to bathe in. Funny pair they are.

Have you made another post about your new red factor? And will you put up pictures of him soon? I had no idea that conures could be very expensive. Ours were given to us by someone who couldnā€™t look after them in 2018, and she herself acquired them from someoneā€™s estate. So I donā€™t know much about their history apart from their ages, to which they should be 8 years old now. And Rico was actually named ā€œBlueā€ by the first estate owner. No idea why since sheā€™s red bellied but I changed it to Rico (and her friend Nico). I actually donā€™t know their genders either. But from behaviour, I suspect Rico is a boy, and Nico a girl. I still refer to Rico as her despite what I suspect though. Iā€™m just used to it.

I remember there used to be a locally owned pet store here about 20 minutes away and the owner specifically sold bird products more than other species and also bred and sold birds and she used to sell her conures for about $300 or $400 I think. She used to hand raise them as well so they were tame. That shop closed down 3 years ago I think. It was good for unique bird products and for her birds, but her prices on other items like perches were very overpriced, and could be purchased for a lot less at other stores.

I feel bad for the red factor you adopted because of his previous conditions and the high risk of disease. I hope he doesnā€™t develop any diseases. But I think he is lucky to have found you. Perhaps being with you, he will adopt a better lifestyle because, no doubt, you will look after him better. And a longer life. I wonder why the breeder offered him at half price? Did he want to get rid of him quicker due to the aggression? Iā€™ve tried many times to give pellets to all my birds and the only ones who ever ate them were the conures. They seem to like trying anything. Except millet. For some reason they donā€™t care for millet both in the seeds or hanging.

I am finding many similarities between your son and the red factor, and my two conures. They also do not talk during the morning (thankfully, as I already have trouble sleeping and Rico shouting would not be very good for that) until I have either opened the door of their room, or if they hear me or my partner talking a bit loudly then the shouting from Rico begins. Nico doesnā€™t shout much, but rather makes car honk sounds instead. The lovebirds start chattering away earlier in the morning but I'm used to them.

I am amazed that the red factor already knows how to say baba. I think he has learned that you are looking after him, and thatā€™s why he likes being on your shoulder.

What seed mixes do you give your conure? Not brand, but the mix type? Small parrot? I give small parrot to all mine. And canary/finch mix for the diamond doves and ringneck doves. Also have you named your red factor yet?

HeatherG, what you mentioned about your Willow enjoying being petted, reminds me of Socrates our Indian ringneck here. He came in 2017 as a 10-year-old who had lived in an aviary most of his life (and probably with different owners) and his recent prior owners didnā€™t like him much because they thought Socrates killed their female bird. They gave Socrates to us for free and he wasnā€™t tamed at all and would growl etc. But slowly he became curious, and my partner would sometimes just grab him out of nowhere (Socrates would put up a fight though) to pet him for a while. Within a few months he could put his arm to him, and Socrates would jump onto it. From being an aviary bird his whole life, to willingly going to a humanā€™s arm in months. I guess he eventually realised that we werenā€™t gonna hurt him. I still havenā€™t handled him, but if he is being held, then I can give him scratches on his head. And I can hand him a piece of seed like sunflower or safflower and he will take it from my hand. The previous owners were shocked that within months socrates could be petted like that. Heā€™s also in love with one of the lovebirds. One of the ladies from the local bird club here said, he probably wonā€™t be interested in a female ringneck anymore as heā€™s now been surrounded by lovebirds for years. Itā€™s cute though. I think you do deserve to have a sweet and loving bird.
I don't ever see butcher birds here. I have heard about those horror stories tho.

You can try to ask your ducklings to show you signs. Coming into dreams often takes a lot of energy from them. Several psychic mediums said you must let go of the sorrow when you talk to your deceased ones, otherwise they could be repelled by your emotions.

I will probably make a post about my red sun later. Right now he is still missing an entire tail feather. He got a featherless, super thick quill sticking out of his a_s_s. It's starting to grow a tiny bit of blue feather at the end. I have no idea what happened.

I now think anything mixed (seed mix, pellet mix) is a bad idea. I spent 10 days and finally converted my red sun to Harrison's and Top's. Initially I was afraid of him not eating the healthy pellets, I put in Tropimix and cashew. It was a bad idea. He only went for the junk and ignored the healthy food. So then I started giving him only Harrison's and Top's, nothing else, not even blueberry. Now he accepts both Harrison's high potency fine and Top's. However, I will not feeding him both at the same time, in case he picks out one over the other. I will feed Harrison's during the day and Top's overnight.

I posted an ad 2 months ago on Kijiji looking for a baby sun conure with a particular birthmark on the left side of the neck, oval or bar shaped (my son's death wound), hoping it's the reincarnation. End of last week a local breeder contacted me saying 1 out of his 12 baby sun conures has this particular birthmark, which is what I'm looking for. I asked him to show pictures, he couldn't show a picture of the neck area, as he explained that feathers are growing on top of it. He told me to come over and have a closer look, then stopped responding while kept posting ads on kijiji. It's been 2-3 days since his last message. We were in the middle of setting up a meeting that's supposed to happen this weekend. He told me his address, but not phone number. I'm pretty sure I got trolled. I have asked my son multiple times if he is at this breeder's place, got no signs from my son.

Last edited:

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
I don't ever see butcher birds here. I have heard about those horror stories tho.

You can try to ask your ducklings to show you signs. Coming into dreams often takes a lot of energy from them. Several psychic mediums said you must let go of the sorrow when you talk to your deceased ones, otherwise they could be repelled by your emotions.

I will probably make a post about my red sun later. Right now he is still missing an entire tail feather. He got a featherless, super thick quill sticking out of his a_s_s. It's starting to grow a tiny bit of blue feather at the end. I have no idea what happened.

I now think anything mixed (seed mix, pellet mix) is a bad idea. I spent 10 days and finally converted my red sun to Harrison's and Top's. Initially I was afraid of him not eating the healthy pellets, I put in Tropimix and cashew. It was a bad idea. He only went for the junk and ignored the healthy food. So then I started giving him only Harrison's and Top's, nothing else, not even blueberry. Now he accepts both Harrison's high potency fine and Top's. However, I will not feeding him both at the same time, in case he picks out one over the other. I will feed Harrison's during the day and Top's overnight.

I posted an ad 2 months ago on Kijiji looking for a baby sun conure with a particular birthmark on the left side of the neck, oval or bar shaped (my son's death wound), hoping it's the reincarnation. End of last week a local breeder contacted me saying 1 out of his 12 baby sun conures has this particular birthmark, which is what I'm looking for. I asked him to show pictures, he couldn't show a picture of the neck area, as he explained that feathers are growing on top of it. He told me to come over and have a closer look, then stopped responding while kept posting ads on kijiji. It's been 2-3 days since his last message. We were in the middle of setting up a meeting that's supposed to happen this weekend. He told me his address, but not phone number. I'm pretty sure I got trolled. I have asked my son multiple times if he is at this breeder's place, got no signs from my son.
I agree. Butcher birds are evil for me. I get there is the circle/cycle of life, but I just feel that their way is too cruel for me to comprehend. Had one around here yesterday morning two times. He came and drank water from the bird bath, then jumped around then left. I wasn't very happy to see that. The wild sparrows weren't around so they probably knew it was there and were hiding elsewhere. At first I thought it was a pigeon, but the pigeons come in flocks and it was just one bird flying around the tree outside. Then I saw it land in the bird bath and saw its face and knew it was a butcher bird.

I might do that with my ducklings. Most of the time I do feel sorrow and maybe it is repelling them. I want to know that they are ok and that they know how much I loved them.

That is fair enough. What do you feed your red factor sun? Are harrison's and tops some kind of pellets? I did a quick google and they seem to be pellets? I saw an online australian pet shop also selling them. Do you get separate seed mixes like one bag of millet or one bag of safflower etc? I remember when I used to post on tailfeathers forums (which merged into this forum), a lot of the members said they could buy bulk millet and bulk safflower and pretty much bulk everything and then create their own seed mixes. I haven't been able to do that down here though. It ends up being more expensive, plus its very hard to find single seeds in bulk and not mixed into other mixes down here. and I don't have space for bulk separate seeds as we usually get 20kg bags of small parrot seed and that already takes up space. But it works as a seed mix for the birds here. Every bird is different and has preferences, but I have noticed that a lot of them now seem to eat more than one favourite seed. The medium to large sized ones will get fruits on top of their seeds sometimes, and the smaller ones will get vegetables sometimes. he larger ones also get vegetables when we do vegetables for the smaller ones too. But the smaller ones don't like fruit too much. And only rarely do we get pellets as no one likes them except the conures. But due to rico's recently developed bowl tipping habit I can't give pellets for now. I'd have to give it to her in the evening and watch them both eat some then re-do the bowls if I provide pellets as she'll just tip her water bowl and ruin the pellets.

I'm glad the red factor is now accepting better foods and not just junk. I guess to start with it's sometimes ok for them to accept only junk if only for them to just get comfortable in their new surroundings then they can start to hopefully eat better things.

That sounds very annoying of the breeder. Have you heard from him since? Does kijiji do automatic posts? I wonder if his posts were automated ones? I seems a bit rude to be telling you to go to his house but then to stop replying, but also be posting on kijiji. I hope you do (or have) heard something.

When your red factor is ready, and when you are ready, I look forward to seeing pictures of him.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
I settle on Harrison's high potency fine pepper for 6 months now. Will later switch to a mix of this and the lifetime version.

Pic of red sun, he lost weight compared to when I just got em.
IMG_4630.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
what a pretty bird!

Iā€™m happy you have found love again.
(I am just kidding. But happy for you to have found another bird.)

Most Reactions

Latest posts