My Son Passed Yesterday

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 ā€“ August 14, 2021
Is this book what you referred to "Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Discovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence--and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process"?

It would scare me if birds can read people's mind. After all we believe we are the most intelligent beings on earth, yet we don't understand how our brains / quantum mechanics really work.

I know Sir Roger Penrose has worked on the theory of quantum consciousness. Here is one of his papers, might be a good time to dive into this:

And a related review article:
wow thank you for sharing these books! I will look into them.
I think our huge egos as human beings make us believe that we are the most intelligent butā€¦
I believe if we were actually so intelligent, the world would not be such a mess LOL

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Parrots
Sun Conure son (with me in spirit);
Baby Robin (my son's reincarnation? RIP);
Red Factor Sun Conure (adopted);
Magpie (rescued as baby, returned to the wild after 1 year, 24+ years ago).
I think they were anti biotics too. Thankfully it did help the birds when they needed it, and only in very small doses. Natural is also good. I am glad your son responded very well to the reishi. It also sounds like you did everything you could, for him to have a very happy life. I didn't monitor the lovebird overnight, but at the time I was able to be at home due to being able to study online so I would have my eye on her nearly all day whilst also glued to the laptop screen. It was hard at first, but eventually she stopped trying to pluck her feathers. It was mostly those first few weeks when the wounds still needed to heal. I'm glad your son never plucked his feathers. No doubt, he was really happy.

I do wonder if souls passing can make leaves move too or change the pressure in the air. I never used to think about these things before but it's a bit scary to think that. Yet at the same time, I feel like I find a bit of comfort by thinking that the leaves moving were my duckies letting me know they were ok. I hope they are. Because I still miss them so much. Each day is not the same. I've tried doing things at different times now, to change the routine a bit. Like try to eat at different times than before, cook at different times. I didn't cook for over a week since my tragedy. I still can't manage to eat during the day and can only manage breakfast and dinner. I have to put a comedy or something on the tv to lift my mood a bit and to be able to eat though. I wonder if a bit of change to your routine might help wth your grieving process too? It's hard though. I wish more people understood the pain of losing feathered friends like the people on this forum do. I know life does go on, and that it has to go on, because nothing will bring back our special friends. But it's also hard to acknowledge the new reality of life as well. Especially, when in both our particular cases, it all happened so suddenly. Do you have friends or other family members providing support?

Your son's name is so beautiful. Is it Chinese? I remember you mentioning some sayings from China, earlier in your post.

That is really kind of the monk to make a tablet and prayers for him. A lot of places won't pray for an animal. That is so kind of them to do that. Do you find comfort in talking to your son at his grave? I still think it was really kind that you gave him a proper burial at your home and a proper gravestone too.

Wow I do wonder what the pigeon has been doing around there. It's quite interesting that he is coming now out of nowhere.

I read the thread on quora. It's quite scary what people have written about their birds and what they think they can see. If anything, I feel for the birds. Having to possibly see things that we can't see. I hope they don't feel scared when this happens. I never really believed in ghosts. I'm not sure if I do now. But I do believe in signs. I hope your son didn't see something too scary beforehand.
Yes, my friend A helped me get in touch with the head of the temple, who got my son's tablet done. My son's name is indeed Chinese. We prepared my son's favorite food (cashew, blueberry, carrot, pomelo) on Saturday, in case his soul came back and felt hungry. Our tradition and Buddhism both believe that the spirit of the dead will go home and eat on the 7th day.

I have not seen any weird things after that bird's calling and the pigeon. I do occassionally find the smell of my son's feathers at random places in my house. My son hasn't shown up in our dreams. It may be a good thing - he's got no unfinished business and he might have moved onto his next journey. I still visit his grave a few times everyday. I still don't think my son deserved that much pain in the end, it hurts every time I think about it. I hope you get over your loss soon, too.

And yes, we have been eating at restaurants everyday since my son's passing. I have been eating only 1 meal / day since 8 months ago for anti-aging purposes. My son almost never saw me eating, because he would be sleeping as I eat my only meal of the day.

My dad's friend who was a professor at Uchicago is helping me connect with industry professionals. I'm grateful for him landing a hand in my job search.

Last edited:
OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
Hello,
First and foremost I'm deeply sorry about the loss of your son. The love that you shared doesn't die, it lives forever and you'll carry that with you for the rest of your life. I hope that you two will meet again. We are so incredibly lucky to share relationships with creatures.

I 150% believe animals can see things we don't always see. It is important to look for the "signs" from you son, because I think birds are one of life's best messengers. Watch nature and the animals around you, you could receive a message.
I've had mysterious things happen to me as well in my life, I can't write it off as coincidence.

Thank you for sharing with us even though I know it can be difficult. I carry the lessons and love I've learned from unfortunately too many loved ones now gone.

I hope you can find comfort in your good memories.
Thank you for your warm and encouraging words. It hurts even more when I see little ones passing than does the elderly. I hope to see my son in the future. He was like a little child who was smarter than me when I was his age. He would complain in his own language if he didn't do certain things with me at a particular time during the day. He knew his daily routine well, and he would come after me and my mom for different reasons.

It would be interesting to do another PhD studying these paranormal events. These non-scientific things today might get proven in the future, just like germs were thought to be devils.

Last edited:

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am so sorry for the loss of your conure. Our parrots truly touch our hearts, and become apart of our family. They are so fragile, and small.

There is a lot of support on here, and don't be too hard on yourself. Accidents truly do happen.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Thank you for your warm and encouraging words. It hurts even more when I see little ones passing than does the elderly. I hope to see my son in the future. He was like a little child who was smarter than me when I was his age. He would complain in his own language if he didn't do certain things with me at a particular time during the day. He knew his daily routine well, and he would come after me and my mom for different reasons.

It would be interesting to do another PhD studying these paranormal events. These non-scientific things today might get proven in the future, just like germs were thought to be devils.

Kind of a weird thought, but if the dogā€™s spirit was wandering around, wouldnā€™t it be near the floor where the dog usually walked?

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
Kind of a weird thought, but if the dogā€™s spirit was wandering around, wouldnā€™t it be near the floor where the dog usually walked?
Spirits probably don't obey known physical laws if they existed.
Whoever filmed that caught the exact moment when the African Grey "sensed a spirit", which seems a little too good to be true. Not sure if the grey was just bored either, or trained to do that.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Itā€™s true: spirits may not obey physical laws. I would just imagine a little dog ghost sniffing along on the floor, looking for crumbsā€¦not up at the ceiling.

And I didnā€™t read the backstory.

I do think that our animals see things we donā€™t. But I would expect to sense a little ankle-biter maybe under the table, picking up crumbs, or by the door wanting to go out.

I am mostly teasing you and I didnā€™t mean to hurt your feelings. I heard Lucy again this weekend, saying ā€˜outā€™!

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
Yes, my friend A helped me get in touch with the head of the temple, who got my son's tablet done. My son's name is indeed Chinese. We prepared my son's favorite food (cashew, blueberry, carrot, pomelo) on Saturday, in case his soul came back and felt hungry. Our tradition and Buddhism both believe that the spirit of the dead will go home and eat on the 7th day.

I have not seen any weird things after that bird's calling and the pigeon. I do occassionally find the smell of my son's feathers at random places in my house. My son hasn't shown up in our dreams. It may be a good thing - he's got no unfinished business and he might have moved onto his next journey. I still visit his grave a few times everyday. I still don't think my son deserved that much pain in the end, it hurts every time I think about it. I hope you get over your loss soon, too.

And yes, we have been eating at restaurants everyday since my son's passing. I have been eating only 1 meal / day since 8 months ago for anti-aging purposes. My son almost never saw me eating, because he would be sleeping as I eat my only meal of the day.

My dad's friend who was a professor at Uchicago is helping me connect with industry professionals. I'm grateful for him landing a hand in my job search.
That is an interesting tradition. And it was very kind to put out your son's favourite food incase he returned to eat them.

That might be true. I hope he is at peace and that he has moved onto his next journey. I agree. It's hard to stop thinking about the pain that our birds went through. It's the worst part. My psychologist said when those thoughts come to my head, that I should take a deep breath and try to replace those thoughts with a happy memory instead. It's hard. I will try, but it's so hard. I hope that you will also be able move past the loss too. I think our birds know that we loved them so much, and they they will never, ever be forgotten.

That is fair enough. You don't feel hungry with one meal a day? My ducks saw me eating, but the other birds don't usually see me eating since they chatter amongst themselves in another room. I hope you will be able to eat food from home again. At first I didn't have much appetite, and only managed a bit of breakfast and dinner, but just canned stuff. Then I was getting take away foods for dinner to try to get more food in me too for energy. Now I am slowly getting back to making food at home, but I've changed my routine and the times I do certain things, to have a distraction. I wonder if slightly changing some of your routines may help you a bit. I still can't eat lunch though. Don't have the appetite yet. Sometimes I go and get a bubble tea if I feel a bit peckish though. Especially if it's a sunny day and I just want to get away from the lounge room and just walk outside and be able to see other wild birds. Restaurants are nice and comforting and convenient though when we just don't have the energy or willpower to prepare anything at home.

I am glad you have someone helping you with your job search too. While it's important to take the time to grieve, it's also important to have distractions eventually too. I can't distract myself at bedtime anymore and it's the worst part of the day, but during the day I am trying hard to do things a little differently, but to also ensure I honour my babies too. Working will be a really good distraction. In the past when I was still working, I always preferred to work if I was going through something in my personal life. It was the perfect distraction. I hope you are able to find a job that you like soon.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
That is an interesting tradition. And it was very kind to put out your son's favourite food incase he returned to eat them.

That might be true. I hope he is at peace and that he has moved onto his next journey. I agree. It's hard to stop thinking about the pain that our birds went through. It's the worst part. My psychologist said when those thoughts come to my head, that I should take a deep breath and try to replace those thoughts with a happy memory instead. It's hard. I will try, but it's so hard. I hope that you will also be able move past the loss too. I think our birds know that we loved them so much, and they they will never, ever be forgotten.

That is fair enough. You don't feel hungry with one meal a day? My ducks saw me eating, but the other birds don't usually see me eating since they chatter amongst themselves in another room. I hope you will be able to eat food from home again. At first I didn't have much appetite, and only managed a bit of breakfast and dinner, but just canned stuff. Then I was getting take away foods for dinner to try to get more food in me too for energy. Now I am slowly getting back to making food at home, but I've changed my routine and the times I do certain things, to have a distraction. I wonder if slightly changing some of your routines may help you a bit. I still can't eat lunch though. Don't have the appetite yet. Sometimes I go and get a bubble tea if I feel a bit peckish though. Especially if it's a sunny day and I just want to get away from the lounge room and just walk outside and be able to see other wild birds. Restaurants are nice and comforting and convenient though when we just don't have the energy or willpower to prepare anything at home.

I am glad you have someone helping you with your job search too. While it's important to take the time to grieve, it's also important to have distractions eventually too. I can't distract myself at bedtime anymore and it's the worst part of the day, but during the day I am trying hard to do things a little differently, but to also ensure I honour my babies too. Working will be a really good distraction. In the past when I was still working, I always preferred to work if I was going through something in my personal life. It was the perfect distraction. I hope you are able to find a job that you like soon.
My son saw me eating once or twice. One time I gave him a piece of the snow crab leg. I rinsed it with a lot of water because it was salty. My son was not interested in eating it at all.

Yes, I'm used to 1 meal / day, I do not feel as hungry as I just started practicing it months ago. If I were to start eating 2-3 meals a day now, I will not be used to it. Lots of health benefits, and I save a lot of time. However, I do experience some significant weight loss.

Job searching does distract me during the day, however I have been having bad sleep ever since my son's accident. I would wake up multiple times. It still hurts a lot when I think about the accident, but I try to remember the good memories, thank you. Lots of things have changed. I would expect my son to let out a loud scream as I step outside my room, if he was in his cage in another room. I don't hear any screams now and I'm not used to it.

I found an interesting article. It claims Laura is able to help owners locate their pets' reincarnation. I'm not sure if I should give it a try. I have posted a search for my son on Kijiji, not sure if it will help with the process or not:
I do hope my son is reincarnated as a human, though.
I have read some articles about human reincarnation. Those reincarnated were born after the death of their previous lives (obviously). And those that died and reincarnated from an accident would often have a birthmark in the same spot as the fatal wound. Hence I proposed these 2 conditions in my search post.

That article also states:
"Laura's experience with these kinds of crossings is truly fascinating. "Sometimes a dog will run into traffic that has never done that before ā€“ just out of the blue," she said. "Sometimes what that is ā€“ they have a job to do on the other side, often to help someone else cross over."

I have a real life experience relevant to this. My grandma used to own a very cute and affectionate dog, it was her favorite thing. Shortly after my uncle passed away due to cancer, an accident happened when my grandma was walking her dog. The dog ran off unexpectedly, directly into the traffic and was met with a gruesome death. We believe my uncle took away my grandma's favorite thing to the other side.

Last edited:

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 ā€“ August 14, 2021

This is such great advice! I wasn't eating either when I lost my beloved Daisy. I still don't feel hungry for lunch either and I have a hard time with breakfast. I think it's a good idea to get take away just as a distraction instead of eating home foods. I think I will do that. I also like to have hot chocolate more often now, it makes me feel better. The first week Daisy passed away, I felt so ill emotionally that I actually had a fever for 4 days! I had never felt such pain from any losses in my life. PS I used to have 2 ducks when I was little :) I also had one chick (baby chicken). I love her so much but she didn't actually live long enough to become a chicken. I was so sad when I lost her that I cried for 3 months and I wrote a book about her that helped me get over the pain. Nice to meet you :)

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
My son saw me eating once or twice. One time I gave him a piece of the snow crab leg. I rinsed it with a lot of water because it was salty. My son was not interested in eating it at all.

Yes, I'm used to 1 meal / day, I do not feel as hungry as I just started practicing it months ago. If I were to start eating 2-3 meals a day now, I will not be used to it. Lots of health benefits, and I save a lot of time. However, I do experience some significant weight loss.

Job searching does distract me during the day, however I have been having bad sleep ever since my son's accident. I would wake up multiple times. It still hurts a lot when I think about the accident, but I try to remember the good memories, thank you. Lots of things have changed. I would expect my son to let out a loud scream as I step outside my room, if he was in his cage in another room. I don't hear any screams now and I'm not used to it.

I found an interesting article. It claims Laura is able to help owners locate their pets' reincarnation. I'm not sure if I should give it a try. I have posted a search for my son on Kijiji, not sure if it will help with the process or not:
I do hope my son is reincarnated as a human, though.
I have read some articles about human reincarnation. Those reincarnated were born after the death of their previous lives (obviously). And those that died and reincarnated from an accident would often have a birthmark in the same spot as the fatal wound. Hence I proposed these 2 conditions in my search post.

That article also states:
"Laura's experience with these kinds of crossings is truly fascinating. "Sometimes a dog will run into traffic that has never done that before ā€“ just out of the blue," she said. "Sometimes what that is ā€“ they have a job to do on the other side, often to help someone else cross over."

I have a real life experience relevant to this. My grandma used to own a very cute and affectionate dog, it was her favorite thing. Shortly after my uncle passed away due to cancer, an accident happened when my grandma was walking her dog. The dog ran off unexpectedly, directly into the traffic and was met with a gruesome death. We believe my uncle took away my grandma's favorite thing to the other side.
I do agree that there are health benefits to eating less. Especially less processed foods. I sometimes do religious fasting and I also get used to not eating as much as well. It always feels weird after fasting, to eat an extra meal again. It does save time. I would get more done when eating less too. Not having to think about what to prepare for yet another meal is a one less thing to stress about. I think as long as you feel healthy, that's the main thing. It might be hard to think about your health while grieving, but it's important to as well, even if we forget for a few days or so. That is really sweet that you offered up your crab leg to your son.

That's understandable that your sleep has been disturbed. Mine has too. It may take a while to get used to the lack of sounds. I'm also dealing with this too. I am still not used to the quietness. Well it's not fully quiet, as I have the other birds chattering away from early morning, but the ducks used to sometimes talk overnight, especially one of them in particular. I never knew what she was doing in her little house but she would chatter away for awhile on and off during the night and now it's just too silent. Same with during the day as well. I think the mornings and nights are the hardest still. Know that you're not alone in getting used to the silence. It's very hard. Like you, I still think of the accident down here too from time to time. At random times, and then I just cry again. Last Saturday evening I just broke down for awhile when I was trying to get the other birds ready for bed. I just missed the ducks so much. I imagine you may feel the same too and miss your son terribly. Yesterday I was remembering a good memory, and then I smiled, but then I cried. I hope that you have been managing ok. Are the distractions, and job searching helping a little bit? I really hope so. Grief is really an up and down process.

I read both links that you posted. Have you heard from anyone regarding your ad? I think that website is similar to a website down here called Gumtree.

The other link gives a lot to think about. I re-read the part about how ten or two weeks before an animal passes, they will do something out of the ordinary or distance themselves from their owners. I have too much brain fog at the moment but I've been trying to think about if there were signs at all on my end. At the moment nothing comes to mind, but I'm going to hold onto that link until I can think more straight again. I wish we had a pet psychic locally here. I'd give them a try. Do you have someone you can contact and are you going to try that? I do like the part about signs from the after life, I believe in that, because I got those signs. Well, I did in 2018 from kiara the lovebird. I'm not sure about the ducklings, but the plant leaves moving at the exact time that they would have been let out of their little playpen in the morning felt like a sign. This past week I kept dreaming about them. The first time I was at my parents house interstate and the ducklings were in the hallway there talking and I went to them and grabbed them and hugged them and told them how much I loved them and missed them. Thats all I could remember. The other dreams were just regular days here, like I would be washing up and then they were here and I would let them out and it was just a regular day here. I felt sad to wake up from those dreams. I didn't want to wake up back to the reality of them not being here. I remember you saying in a previous post that when we dream of our deceased animals it means we miss them. Do you still dream of your son?

Wow, I am intrigued that you experienced what Laura talked about. It is really scary that these things happen like that. I'm so sorry about what happened to the dog though, and your uncle. Do you believe the little dog's job was to help your uncle cross over? But I wonder why it had to be your grandma's favourite thing to get taken. I get really angry and upset nowadays when I hear about people and animals dying in really bad ways. I question why it keeps happening and what kind of world/earth we live in now.

I hope you do get some answers with your kijiji ad.

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
This is such great advice! I wasn't eating either when I lost my beloved Daisy. I still don't feel hungry for lunch either and I have a hard time with breakfast. I think it's a good idea to get take away just as a distraction instead of eating home foods. I think I will do that. I also like to have hot chocolate more often now, it makes me feel better. The first week Daisy passed away, I felt so ill emotionally that I actually had a fever for 4 days! I had never felt such pain from any losses in my life. PS I used to have 2 ducks when I was little :) I also had one chick (baby chicken). I love her so much but she didn't actually live long enough to become a chicken. I was so sad when I lost her that I cried for 3 months and I wrote a book about her that helped me get over the pain. Nice to meet you :)
Hi Farnoosh, it is very nice to meet you as well on here and I'm also very sorry about your loss of Daisy. I am glad to know that my post helped you a little bit too. I have found so much help on these forums and I wanted to also try to help others if I could too. Take away food is something I go to when I find that I don't have an appetite. Another thing I try is to put a comedy show on the television while I'm eating. If it can lighten my mood a bit then it might help me get distracted and be able to eat a little bit. I suppose take away isn't the ideal option since it isn't always healthy, not to mention I was told recently that my cholesterol is slightly higher than the ideal range. But it can just be a temporary measure until we're able to get back onto our feet again and manage to digest home food again.

Hot chocolate is very comforting. I used to have that a lot in the past too. And chocolate bars as well.

The passing of Daisy must have had such an emotional toll on you that it impacted on you physically too. I believe that when we don't feel good mentally, that it impacts our physical body too.

It makes me so comforted to know that many other people have had ducks as well. I didn't know that so many people had them. Thank you for sharing that story, and about your precious chick. That is really sweet that you wrote a book for her. It is also amazing that it helped you heal. How long did it take you to write the book about her? May I ask how you lost your chick? If it's too painful to share, then no need to. That part hurts me the most. Two of mine were only adolescents. 6 months old. I feel so sad that they lost their lives so soon. My psychologist told me to try to honour my ducks too. It sounds like you honoured your chicken by writing a book about her. I still am not sure how to honour my ducks yet. I was given a few ideas like donating to a wildlife charity or maybe buying little duck ornaments to put around the house. I will probably try to do both of them. I was thinking to donate to the exact wildlife organisation that notified us of the ducklings being found at first, since they were found by member's of the public and they contacted the wildlife organisation for help.

Sunconurebaba, have you found ways to honour your son as well? So that you get through the grieving process but don't forget him either? I remember you mentioning how you had put out food for him the week after, and had the tablet made for him too. Is that an example of a way that you are honouring him?

I am really comforted that there are understanding people on these forums. Most other people think it's weird if we have lost our appetites over a deceased animal. But animals sometimes become our best friends. They love us unconditionally.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
I do agree that there are health benefits to eating less. Especially less processed foods. I sometimes do religious fasting and I also get used to not eating as much as well. It always feels weird after fasting, to eat an extra meal again. It does save time. I would get more done when eating less too. Not having to think about what to prepare for yet another meal is a one less thing to stress about. I think as long as you feel healthy, that's the main thing. It might be hard to think about your health while grieving, but it's important to as well, even if we forget for a few days or so. That is really sweet that you offered up your crab leg to your son.

That's understandable that your sleep has been disturbed. Mine has too. It may take a while to get used to the lack of sounds. I'm also dealing with this too. I am still not used to the quietness. Well it's not fully quiet, as I have the other birds chattering away from early morning, but the ducks used to sometimes talk overnight, especially one of them in particular. I never knew what she was doing in her little house but she would chatter away for awhile on and off during the night and now it's just too silent. Same with during the day as well. I think the mornings and nights are the hardest still. Know that you're not alone in getting used to the silence. It's very hard. Like you, I still think of the accident down here too from time to time. At random times, and then I just cry again. Last Saturday evening I just broke down for awhile when I was trying to get the other birds ready for bed. I just missed the ducks so much. I imagine you may feel the same too and miss your son terribly. Yesterday I was remembering a good memory, and then I smiled, but then I cried. I hope that you have been managing ok. Are the distractions, and job searching helping a little bit? I really hope so. Grief is really an up and down process.

I read both links that you posted. Have you heard from anyone regarding your ad? I think that website is similar to a website down here called Gumtree.

The other link gives a lot to think about. I re-read the part about how ten or two weeks before an animal passes, they will do something out of the ordinary or distance themselves from their owners. I have too much brain fog at the moment but I've been trying to think about if there were signs at all on my end. At the moment nothing comes to mind, but I'm going to hold onto that link until I can think more straight again. I wish we had a pet psychic locally here. I'd give them a try. Do you have someone you can contact and are you going to try that? I do like the part about signs from the after life, I believe in that, because I got those signs. Well, I did in 2018 from kiara the lovebird. I'm not sure about the ducklings, but the plant leaves moving at the exact time that they would have been let out of their little playpen in the morning felt like a sign. This past week I kept dreaming about them. The first time I was at my parents house interstate and the ducklings were in the hallway there talking and I went to them and grabbed them and hugged them and told them how much I loved them and missed them. Thats all I could remember. The other dreams were just regular days here, like I would be washing up and then they were here and I would let them out and it was just a regular day here. I felt sad to wake up from those dreams. I didn't want to wake up back to the reality of them not being here. I remember you saying in a previous post that when we dream of our deceased animals it means we miss them. Do you still dream of your son?

Wow, I am intrigued that you experienced what Laura talked about. It is really scary that these things happen like that. I'm so sorry about what happened to the dog though, and your uncle. Do you believe the little dog's job was to help your uncle cross over? But I wonder why it had to be your grandma's favourite thing to get taken. I get really angry and upset nowadays when I hear about people and animals dying in really bad ways. I question why it keeps happening and what kind of world/earth we live in now.

I hope you do get some answers with your kijiji ad.
Secrets to a healthy and long life - avoid sugar / diary / processed food, go for mediterranean diet (fresh / organic vegetables and uncooked olive oil), do aerobic exercise, fasting and sleep well. Hope that we can live long enough before benefiting from emerging technologies like cellular / epigenetic reprogramming to rejuvenate our entire body. It's easier said than done. I'm stressed, lacking good sleep and eating junk food since my son's passing.

Yes, I have like 10 nice people contacting me on kijiji including several breeders. They don't have my son's reincarnation. They were comforting me nonetheless.

Just like you, I smiled as I refreshed my mind of the good memories with my son; sometimes I couldn't control thinking about the accident and I ended up crying. On the day of the accident, me and my mom knelt down before our son and touched the ground with the forehead a few times. We honored my son with the tablet, visiting and praying for my son everyday. We bought a birdbath to help wild birds shower as it's been really hot here.

I believe an important part of job search is networking and luck - and I'm lacking both. Luckily with the help of Uchicago prof's connection, I got into contact with a principle software engineer at a US top cybersecurity company. The issue is I don't have a US visa and I'm currently kind of trapped in Canada, waiting for my permanent resident to get approved.

I knew my uncle didn't want to go before he died from cancer. It's very possible my grandma's dog helped my uncle cross over. Our tradition believes that a deceased family member could take away something deeply cherished by other family members. And in the case of my son, I think it's possible that my friend B took my son with her, as she was resentful and angry before her passing. We shouldn't have let her husband visit our home so soon, which could potentially made her target my family instead of her own family. Weird and bad things started to happen to my family, one next to another after his visit. Since my son's passing, those things have came to a complete stop. I do believe my son protected us.

The day before my son's passing I did notice something a little out of the ordinary. I asked my son to stay outside my room for awhile cuz I was busy making a phone call. I tried to call my son back after 5-10 min, but my son just perched outside and wouldn't want to come in. This has never happened before. Also on that day I was feeling sad for some other reasons, we cuddled in my bed for a short period of time and then my son got away and went to do his own business on my bed. That night, I allowed my son to nest for 2 hours in my shirt (longer than I usually allowed him to) before he went to sleep. At around 11 pm, I opened my son's cage because I wanted to cuddle with my son again. My son approached the door, looked at me, made a cute noise and then went back to sleep. Again, a little weird. Normally he would cuddle with me no matter the time.

==========================================================

There have been ongoing signs of my son contacting me from the afterlife. The most obvious sign is what I described in my post #34. I could also smell the scent of my sun in random places in my house.

Soon after my son's passing, a female robin made a nest on my neighbor's door and laid eggs. I would routinely go visit my son's grave in the afternoon and then go out for a run. Every time I got out of my house, I would see 1-2 robins land near me, coming from either my tree or nearby trees and start looking for food. Sometimes they even approach me or follow me across the street. I usually just go for a quick run around our community. They would disappear before I came back. Today the male robin landed in front of me after I crossed the street, and he started eating a worm on the walkway. I called him by the name of my son. He was not afraid of me. I know robins symbolize rebirth, and it is believed that seeing a robin is a sign of a deceased loved one nearby.

This morning I asked my son to show me his location as I visited his grave. On the way back to my house, I saw a big yellow butterfly flying by and into the sky. Butterflies are kind of rare here.

It's getting really hot here and we put out a birdbath for wild birds to shower in our backyard. 2 days ago I saw a robin landed on my fence, about 1-2 meters away from my son's grave. He was staying in the shade (there is a big tree next to my son's grave), stretching his wings and legs for at least 10 minutes. His actions were so similar to that of my son's, just like the pigeon I described in my post #34! My son would always start stretching his wings and legs after cuddling with me. He only did that when he felt super secure and cozy. The fact that 2 wild birds did that near my son's grave while I was watching, is extraordinary.

I think your dream means you really miss your ducklings. Were they kind of hinting you of something in the dream? My son has not shown up in my dream at all. A few nights ago, I had a dream of a blue-greenish bird (like a kingfisher) chasing after me and the bird kept touching my hand. Last night I had a dream of a view of my front door and the robin nest. Even though I hope my son would be reincarnated as a human / sun conure, there is a possibility that he might choose to reincarnate as a robin right next to me. It's close to hatching time.

I have not planned to contact a pet psychic. I'm trying to connect with my son directly. Their fees are super high and I'm not sure if they could really tell me whether my son is reincarnated, and if so, where.

Last edited:
OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
I was watching Laura the Pet Psychic's video, here at 35:50 she mentioned deceased pets can make lights flickering and radio turned on:

I experienced precisely that, don't remember if it was the 2nd or 5th day after the accident. There was a massive thunderstorm that day. An EF2 tornado touched down in a nearby town and killed 10 people, many areas in my city went out of electricity (not our home though). Around 3-5 am that day before the thunderstorm kicked in, my radio suddenly turned ON on its own(not EM induction I guess?). We have the radio switch at several places in my house, but only the radio in my bedroom was turned on. I have NOT turned on my radio for years. That afternoon, my lights flickered violently when there were no lightning strikes nearby at the time.

2 days ago I went out for walk several times. Every time I was greeted with a red robin at my property. Once I approached him, I closed my eyes, filled my memory with my son's, and then repeatedly say my son's name to the red robin. And the red robin would respond with 2 chirps every time. Note that my son's name is "niao niao".

Yesterday as I was visiting my son at noon, I heard something was moving in the bush on my left, then I saw a red robin appeared on my fence, flew to the other side of the fence and he was so close to us (1-2 meters from my son's grave). The robin stayed there for awhile before taking off.

Last edited:
OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
My son appeared in my dream last night for the first time since his accident!

Last night I was watching a kijiji ad about someone rehoming his blue-fronted Amazon.

In my dream, I was walking inside my apartment in my hometown, while that Amazon was standing on my shoulder. I saw a white table made of plastic (I don't have such a table at home), and my son was lying on that table, appeared to be sick. There was another baby bird that looked like a sun conure. It was just hatched, full of short white hairs without colorful feathers, and thriving. The dream ended here, it was so brief before I realized what was going on!

My son could be telling me that he has reincarnated! That baby bird that I had never seen before could be him! But I don't know where to find him...

I recently started to wonder whether my son was an old soul in a young body to begin with. He was too smart for a bird of 3 - 14 months age:

1. He was making cute sounds non-stop as I brought him home from the pet store on the first day. He sounded like my magpie from 20+ years ago begging for food.

2. He never failed the mirror test, which made me suspect he was the reincarnation of my magpie. Because magpie is one of the few kind that can pass a mirror test.

3. He started calling me daddy without me teaching him when he was 3 months old.

4. He could sense my emotions and I could sense his. He knew what I was gonna do (order him to go inside cage / on my shoulder etc.) without me telling him so.

5. He would only start screaming in the morning after he confirmed that I woke up, and not screaming if I only got up for the washroom. His cage is not in my bedroom and he could not see me.

6. He would never nest in my shirt right after he took a shower until he is dried, because he knew it would make me feel cold.

BTW, 4 out of the 4 robin babies residing on my neighbor's door hatched successfully and growing fast. The robins enjoy showering in my bird bath a lot, especially the female robin.

There is likely a male cardinal building a nest in my bush too. Yesterday as soon as I walked outside, a red cardinal took off from that bush next to my door.

Last edited:

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
That is great advice on diet. A Mediterranean diet is very healthy. I have many relatives who live in Europe, mostly in France or Spain, with the rest in Morocco, and they all have very good diets which I think are Mediterranean influenced. I think we can follow that diet all over the world. It can be hard these days, everything is so expensive. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s just an issue in Australia, or worldwide, but simple things at the supermarket are now very expensive. Especially fresh items.

You are not alone with the poor sleep and junk food eating. While I have managed to try to cook some meals at home, I still sometimes resort to junk food. Itā€™s ironic, before it used to be cheaper to cook at home than to buy food from restaurants. Now I think itā€™s roughly the same cost.

Like you, I also canā€™t control my emotions and thinking about my ducklingā€™s accident. Itā€™s hit me more so in the last week and Iā€™ve found myself crying a few times a day. I want to move forward but itā€™s hard. I have distracted myself a few times but only because Iā€™ve had to run around to appointments and organise paperwork for the last two weeks for my uni studies in order to continue getting my study allowance from the govt as I need to reduce my study load but Iā€™m required to study full time. I still canā€™t look at photos or videos of my ducklings either. I was hoping to share some on youtube and post links on these forums, but I just keep crying when I see them so Iā€™ve put that on hold. I already cry if I just picture a video of them too. I can view random videos of ducks of the same species on youtube though sometimes. It brings me a little comfort. I found one girl who has a youtube channel and she has wild birds in her backyard including Australian wood ducks (one of my ducklings was this species) so I watched some of her duck videos. They were wonderful. I wanted to tell her, sheā€™s so lucky to have this wonderful species in her yard.

I hope things go well with your contact at UChicago. I guess itā€™s a matter of sorting out the visa paperwork at this point. Would you prefer to live in the USA? Or remain in Canada? I hope you can get your permanent residency approved soon as well. Did you grow up outside of Canada? Iā€™ve always wanted to go to Canada. Iā€™ve never been. I went to the USA as a teenager for one week with my mum. We were lucky to be able to do that back then due to finances. My brother has been to Canada though for a short holiday a few years ago and said he loved it.

Oh gosh I wish that your friend B and her husband didnā€™t visit either. Itā€™s not nice to target people like that with resentment. In my culture there are also similar kinds of traditions too. I was born and raised in Australia, but my parents are Moroccan. The traditions may not be the same, but I guess the right word is that thereā€™s lots of superstitions. An example is the concept of the evil eye. I think this is prevalent in most cultures though.

Your son sounds like he was so beautiful and kind. I feel like some birds stand out and it sounds like he did. I feel like my ducklings stood out too because they were so kindhearted, compared to many other birds who can be naughty, bullies etc (love them nonetheless though).

Wow I wonder if the butterfly was a sign from your son. I am glad you put a bird bath outside. We have a few of them outside too. They donā€™t really get used much during winter but the wild birds still come around and drink from them. In summer they also bathe in them. Itā€™s near the clothes line in the backyard too. Probably not the best spot : )

Itā€™s been awhile now since Iā€™ve dreamt of my ducklings. But when I did, I donā€™t think there were any hints of anything. It was mostly just a regular day and they were just here and life went on as usual. I hated waking up from those dreams. The only dream that I found strange was my first one of them since they passed, in which I was at my parents house interstate, and I heard them in the hallway and went to grab them and hug them and tell them I love them and miss them. It was odd that the dream was based at my parents apartment, given I never had animals there.

Wow this might be possible since its summer there and so many birds are having babies and one of them could be a reincarnation of your son. I really hope he does come back somehow though.

When we think about these things and all the incidents that are happening, it can sometimes make our minds go wild. However, I also think that if we take a moment to think about these incidents one by one, then we may understand what is happening and if someone is trying to communicate with you. Have you written down every strange thing that has happened (apart from on the forums)? It really makes me wonder. And the radio turning on out of nowhere is odd.

Is the red robin a baby one that just hatched recently? I canā€™t believe he chirped to you. That is nice. Do you feel comfort when you think that it might be your son? Or confused?

I do believe that your son is trying to get a message to you in your dreams as well. I also think that he is telling you he has been reborn. But I wonder if he would still be a conure or if heā€™s another baby bird of another species. I wonder if it is to do with that amazon you were reading about.

What is the mirror test? I havenā€™t heard of this. Is it about birds not knowing their reflection is themselves in the mirror? Or something else?

Everything you described sounds like your son was such a good little baby and yes, very smart. It must be amazing to watch those robins growing up and using your bird bath. I wonder what will happen with the cardinal too.

Sorry if Iā€™ve gone off topic in some of my post here (and for the late reply overall). I wanted to reply to acknowledge what you had written about your encounters with your son and comment on the wonderful birds that keep visiting your house too. It can also be a small distraction watching the other bird species go about their lives, while grieving.

OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
That is great advice on diet. A Mediterranean diet is very healthy. I have many relatives who live in Europe, mostly in France or Spain, with the rest in Morocco, and they all have very good diets which I think are Mediterranean influenced. I think we can follow that diet all over the world. It can be hard these days, everything is so expensive. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s just an issue in Australia, or worldwide, but simple things at the supermarket are now very expensive. Especially fresh items.

You are not alone with the poor sleep and junk food eating. While I have managed to try to cook some meals at home, I still sometimes resort to junk food. Itā€™s ironic, before it used to be cheaper to cook at home than to buy food from restaurants. Now I think itā€™s roughly the same cost.

Like you, I also canā€™t control my emotions and thinking about my ducklingā€™s accident. Itā€™s hit me more so in the last week and Iā€™ve found myself crying a few times a day. I want to move forward but itā€™s hard. I have distracted myself a few times but only because Iā€™ve had to run around to appointments and organise paperwork for the last two weeks for my uni studies in order to continue getting my study allowance from the govt as I need to reduce my study load but Iā€™m required to study full time. I still canā€™t look at photos or videos of my ducklings either. I was hoping to share some on youtube and post links on these forums, but I just keep crying when I see them so Iā€™ve put that on hold. I already cry if I just picture a video of them too. I can view random videos of ducks of the same species on youtube though sometimes. It brings me a little comfort. I found one girl who has a youtube channel and she has wild birds in her backyard including Australian wood ducks (one of my ducklings was this species) so I watched some of her duck videos. They were wonderful. I wanted to tell her, sheā€™s so lucky to have this wonderful species in her yard.

I hope things go well with your contact at UChicago. I guess itā€™s a matter of sorting out the visa paperwork at this point. Would you prefer to live in the USA? Or remain in Canada? I hope you can get your permanent residency approved soon as well. Did you grow up outside of Canada? Iā€™ve always wanted to go to Canada. Iā€™ve never been. I went to the USA as a teenager for one week with my mum. We were lucky to be able to do that back then due to finances. My brother has been to Canada though for a short holiday a few years ago and said he loved it.

Oh gosh I wish that your friend B and her husband didnā€™t visit either. Itā€™s not nice to target people like that with resentment. In my culture there are also similar kinds of traditions too. I was born and raised in Australia, but my parents are Moroccan. The traditions may not be the same, but I guess the right word is that thereā€™s lots of superstitions. An example is the concept of the evil eye. I think this is prevalent in most cultures though.

Your son sounds like he was so beautiful and kind. I feel like some birds stand out and it sounds like he did. I feel like my ducklings stood out too because they were so kindhearted, compared to many other birds who can be naughty, bullies etc (love them nonetheless though).

Wow I wonder if the butterfly was a sign from your son. I am glad you put a bird bath outside. We have a few of them outside too. They donā€™t really get used much during winter but the wild birds still come around and drink from them. In summer they also bathe in them. Itā€™s near the clothes line in the backyard too. Probably not the best spot : )

Itā€™s been awhile now since Iā€™ve dreamt of my ducklings. But when I did, I donā€™t think there were any hints of anything. It was mostly just a regular day and they were just here and life went on as usual. I hated waking up from those dreams. The only dream that I found strange was my first one of them since they passed, in which I was at my parents house interstate, and I heard them in the hallway and went to grab them and hug them and tell them I love them and miss them. It was odd that the dream was based at my parents apartment, given I never had animals there.

Wow this might be possible since its summer there and so many birds are having babies and one of them could be a reincarnation of your son. I really hope he does come back somehow though.

When we think about these things and all the incidents that are happening, it can sometimes make our minds go wild. However, I also think that if we take a moment to think about these incidents one by one, then we may understand what is happening and if someone is trying to communicate with you. Have you written down every strange thing that has happened (apart from on the forums)? It really makes me wonder. And the radio turning on out of nowhere is odd.

Is the red robin a baby one that just hatched recently? I canā€™t believe he chirped to you. That is nice. Do you feel comfort when you think that it might be your son? Or confused?

I do believe that your son is trying to get a message to you in your dreams as well. I also think that he is telling you he has been reborn. But I wonder if he would still be a conure or if heā€™s another baby bird of another species. I wonder if it is to do with that amazon you were reading about.

What is the mirror test? I havenā€™t heard of this. Is it about birds not knowing their reflection is themselves in the mirror? Or something else?

Everything you described sounds like your son was such a good little baby and yes, very smart. It must be amazing to watch those robins growing up and using your bird bath. I wonder what will happen with the cardinal too.

Sorry if Iā€™ve gone off topic in some of my post here (and for the late reply overall). I wanted to reply to acknowledge what you had written about your encounters with your son and comment on the wonderful birds that keep visiting your house too. It can also be a small distraction watching the other bird species go about their lives, while grieving.
Please don't feel obligated to respond to every point I was talking about. I appreciate you for the communication.

How are you feeling these days? My next post following this one is gonna surprise you, and hopefully make you feel better. I will describe what I experienced recently, which convinced me that afterlife exists, and it comforts me. However, I was almost back to square one in terms of healing right after this new event. But I'm getting better now again. I might have enough materials to write a book now. Yes I documented every weird thing I saw, and not all of them are posted here.

I grew up outside Canada. I got here during my high school years. I would prefer to stay in Canada even though US jobs usually pay better. I'm preparing for an interview at Amazon (no HR connections here). I'm not confident since the interview questions will be all about classic data structure and algorithms that I was not trained on. I'm taking a course offered by a Stanford prof now, I won't finish the course before the interview, but I will probably get the most important stuff learned.

I can't really complain about Friend B hating other people. Those people made her stressed 24/7, and stress can help cancer develop. Stage 4 cancer is a LOT of pain. Besides, she was always nice to me.

The mirror test is used to tell if an animal is self-aware: the animal fails the test if it can't recognize that the reflection is itself. Raven, magpie, chimpanzee, dolphin, orca are known to pass the mirror test, while almost every other species fail, including African Grey. I used a more gentle version of the mirror test that didn't involve forcing my son to sleep. My son never went aggressive in front of the mirror / became interested in his own reflection, and he could preen himself based on his reflection in the mirror.

Last edited:
OP
SunConureBaba

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Parrots
I believe my son either reincarnated as a baby robin, or he was oversouling this baby robin, who died within 3 days of our reunion. I know the difference between reincarnation and oversouling; however, it's impossible to tell which one is the case in 3 days. My heart (Dream 1 and 2) tells me it's a reincarnation, while my logical mind tells me it's oversouling. Either way, this new event is the final nail on the coffin that convinced me that afterlife exists, and I'm at peace now.

~~~ June 15, Dream 1 ~~~

Today is exactly a month after my son's transition. My son showed up in my morning dream for the first time. In my dream, I was walking inside my apartment in my hometown, I discovered my son lying on a white plastic table (which doesn't exist in reality), looking sick and weak, and besides him there was a baby bird that only had little white feathers. I had no idea who it was. The dream was short and it ended before I realized what was going on.

~~~ June 17, Day 1 ~~~

That dream became reality. Today is exactly 365 days since I first met my son at the pet store. The robin nest on my neighbor's door had 1 last fledgling (~ 2 weeks old) that was confirmed abandoned by its parents. He was the weakest one among the 4 baby robins, always buried at the bottom of the nest. It looked critically ill and dehydrated, head bowing down and could not open his eyes. I fed him natural medicine and he recovered quickly. He was then out of the nest and hiding in my bush on that super windy day. His parents were gone and no one would teach him how to hunt. So I took him home and took care of him. I bought syringe and dog food from the store. That day the baby robin could only drink fluids.

This baby robin soon started showing signs that only my sun conure could do.

Sign 1* - he willingly jumped onto my leg and let me pet him.

Sign 2* - every time the baby robin went into my bedroom, he hopped directly to the right side of my bed and stayed there, that's where my sun conure finally passed peacefully in my hands from the accidents on May 15.

Sign 3* - I put baby robin's cage in my bedroom before bed time. He immediately started screaming, until I put his cage back to the original spot. On the night of May 13, I did exactly the same thing to my sun conure and got exactly the same response.

~~~ June 18, Day 2 ~~~

The baby robin survived the first night, inside my son's cage. The 2nd day, we put baby robin in our backyard and we went inside. The baby desparately called for his parents for an hour. No one came, so we took him inside.

Sign 4* - the next time I let baby robin go outside cage, I went to washroom right after I opened cage, and couldn't find him after I came back. I then discovered the baby robin went around the 2nd floor and arrived at my computer room, the furthest place from cage that he could go on the 2nd floor. He stood on the right side of my chair and stayed there. That spot is my sun conure's favorite spot, where he spent time with me and chewed pieces of my chair off the floor.

We went out to get various kinds of food for baby robin. He disliked mealworms, but could eat egg yolk mixed with dog food in a syringe. He got dramatically better in shape, and started begging for solid food. Now I think he got better because he was rallying (terminal lucidity), and not really recovering. He looked significantly smaller and underdeveloped than baby robins of the same age. I fed him 4 times during a span of 6 hours. His appetite recovered 100%. Since I'm a busy guy, I closed my door while doing my coding.

Sign 5* - the baby robin would start calling for me as soon as I disappeared from his line of sight. He immediately became quiet as I re-appeared. This is exactly like my sun conure, except my son would make 100 db+ screams.

Sign 6* - I opened the cage 2 more times. Every time he tried to fly directly to my computer room across the stairs. I couldn't stop him. Both times he failed, hitting either the ceiling of the 1st floor, or a portrait hanging on the wall of the 1st floor, before he crashed into the ground. He didn't appear to be injured though. Note that my sun conure would usually fly that route as soon as he got outside cage. The baby robin then hopped onto the stair handle on the 1st floor, that's exactly the spot where we discovered my critically injured sun conure, as he was lying there during the accident. The baby robin stayed there for at least 5 minutes and didn't move at all, until I went down to get him.

We came home at 10 pm after eating out. I fed baby robin only a little bit of food. He appeared sleepy and weak, didn't want to eat more, and that got me a little worried.

~~~ June 19, Day 3 ~~~

I managed to put baby robin's cage in my bedroom while we sleep. I could hear him making some noise moving around in his cage.

I woke up after 6 am, the baby robin looked ill again, could barely perch. He didn't want to open his eyes and refused to take natural medicine or even water. He acted out of the ordinary. As soon as I opened the cage and put my hand in, he started to make alarm calls and jump around the cage to avoid me, and nearly bite my hand. I still got him and petted him, thinking maybe he just wanted to sleep, but I was really worried. As I went back to sleep, I would hear baby robin making noise in the cage again.

I woke up at around 9:40, the baby robin was gone. His eyes were half open. He was lying inside his man-made nest in my son's cage, exactly matching my son's pose as in Dream 1 that I had a few days ago! Recall I had put soft, white tissue papers to make baby robin feel comfortable in his nest. Remember that WHITE plastic table in my Dream 1?

I quickly examined baby robin's body, I found he had no feathers on the back of his neck, which I previously didn't notice. There seemed to be tiny blood stains on his neck skin, too. I did not have a chance to see if he's got a birth mark in the same spot as the location of my son's fatal wound (a purple bump on the left side of his neck due to bone fracture). My mom took him away and buried him around our house.

The first time I went outside my house that day, I saw a male robin foraging in our front yard. I then immediately went to my backyard, and saw the same (?) robin in my backyard too. There is higher than normal amount of bird traffic in my backyard today.

Me and my mom went to the same restaurant for dinner, the one we went to on the same day that my son passed. After we came back, I visited baby robin's grave, and prayed to the Buddha for baby robin to be reincarnated again to a loving family, and be healthy.

~~~ June 20, Day 4, Dream 2 ~~~

Today I woke up at 8:34 am, I started meditating on my bed and tried to connect with both my son and baby robin.

I pictured my son in my mind, asking him if I could talk to him.
I then pictured baby robin, and tell him if you are indeed the reincarnation of my sun conure, then I appreciate you and hope your next reincarnation would not be so rushed, and reborn in a good family. Hopefully you will become a sun conure again.
I then pictured my son again of the happy moments, I told my son that daddy loves you and thanks you for teaching me about the afterlife and reincarnation.
I then read random articles on my phone before going for a nap at around 9:00am.

In the REM phase of my sleep, I had another dream!

I was in my grandma's old home, in a room that I used to spend a lot of time in. I was sitting on the floor. I suddenly realized something was in front of me, so I looked up, I saw my mom with baby robin in her right arm.

Now it comes the critical moment. The baby robin looked at me, and said "daddy" to me in my native language, using exactly the same voice and tone that my sun conure would, as he called me "daddy" while he was alive. I stood up trying to reach him, and my mom immediately turned around and went outside the room, totally vanished. And I was alone in the apartment. The dream was again brief and ended here. It was 9:44am, exactly 24 hours after I discovered the passing of baby robin.

Sign 7*: After I woke up, I could smell strong scent of my son's feathers again at random places at home. I don't think the baby robin smells the same way.

Last edited:

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
No worries. Iā€™m used to replying most things, but Iā€™ve also noticed the reaction emojis on this website too so I might also utilise those when needed. How are you feeling this month? I still feel quite depressed most days. But I guess Iā€™m also managing to get back to other routines again. Iā€™m trying to interact a bit more with the other birds here. Mostly in the evenings when itā€™s time to clean them up and put them to bed. But the pain is still there. Sadly, one of the diamond doves passed away last week which was upsetting for me. And one of the parakeets (an Indian ringneck named Socrates) was unwell recently but thankfully recovered after a quick vet visit and medicine. How did your interview at Amazon go? Is the job in Canada or the US? Thatā€™s understandable. It sounds like you have more roots in Canada so it makes sense to want to stay. Itā€™s never too late to create a life elsewhere though. But if you have the choice, definitely go with the job and country that you prefer to work at and live in.

I was thinking that thatā€™s what the mirror test is. I used to read on another forum that some parakeets enjoy having a mirror because they think itā€™s another bird there. Such as budgies.

I had never heard much about oversouling apart from seeing it in tv shows and movies. I never thought it could be real. I am truly amazed.

I think listen to your heart. Our hearts and guts can sometimes tell us things, especially when things arenā€™t right with something in our lives.

What are the traditions of reincarnation? If a bird reincarnates as a bird again, is that a higher level? Are there levels? I think someone once told me that the highest level of reincarnation is as a human. But in all honesty, I sometimes think humans arenā€™t always the best species on this earth so I wonder why we would be a higher level.

May I also ask what natural medicine you fed the baby robin that helped him recover? Or even any other bird that you have helped recover and released in the past? Is it the reishi oil you mentioned above or other foods and/or medicine? During summer here we get lots of baby birds around. Mostly sparrows, black birds, starlings and sometimes different kinds of finches. But sometimes they injure themselves or get attacked by a predator (namely butcher birds) and they never survive the night (I guess due to the attack from a butcher bird). Sometimes a baby is just abandoned because itā€™s deemed too weak to survive by its parents and they last a few days in a box before eventually dying too. I just sometimes wonder if there is something to give them to help them survive and be released. Baby bird food formula never seems to work and sometimes I think they sadly just die of starvation or stress.

I read through the dreams and incidents that you wrote about. It does seem quite confusing. I wonder why all this was happening. It feels like a sign from your son. Also, please keep documenting everything that has happened, even if you donā€™t put it all on here. Because it will be good to read later especially if you forget anything and need to pinpoint something as well. And it would make a great book too. Everything just seems oddly timed. And tied to what happened with your son. Itā€™s possible that the baby robin was the reincarnation of your son. It really seems that way especially because of the last dream. But Iā€™m saddened that he also died and in the same pose. I hope he didnā€™t suffer, but I also think the tissue paper that you put would have made him comfortable. I wonder if he was trying to get you to heal more.

Most Reactions

Latest posts