Need help picking out a stainless steel cage for a Little Corella Cockatoo

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
It show up finally today. Thankfully in one piece.

sp1824g.jpg

WkpPR5m.jpg

plPQpCV.jpg

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Cage cleanup and together, will finish moving rest of toys and perches once I move him in his new cage.

XZx10qU.jpg

md76XJY.jpg

dTqAcJi.jpg

PQW9v6S.jpg

W19wZr4.jpg

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Genie, consider hanging a knotted rope from the roof of the cage. Also, those big round rope-covered swings are great. Rosetta likes to swing from her rope to her swing and back again. I have a wooden maraca suspended from the roof, so she hangs upside-down and shakes her maraca madly. So much fun!

Corellas love to be upside-down and I bet Frankie would appreciate some hanging toys. I use sisal rope or sash cord. Sash cord is much nicer to work with, but it does make a lot of fluff and I worry about the birds swallowing it. Therefore, I only let them play with it when I'm supervising them. :)

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
Genie, consider hanging a knotted rope from the roof of the cage. Also, those big round rope-covered swings are great. Rosetta likes to swing from her rope to her swing and back again. I have a wooden maraca suspended from the roof, so she hangs upside-down and shakes her maraca madly. So much fun!

Corellas love to be upside-down and I bet Frankie would appreciate some hanging toys. I use sisal rope or sash cord. Sash cord is much nicer to work with, but it does make a lot of fluff and I worry about the birds swallowing it. Therefore, I only let them play with it when I'm supervising them. :)

I have a sisal rope on order, hoping to receive it later this week. I have one of those bouncing rope like I have for my umbrella coming, plus some of his toys and perches are in his old cage for now.

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots

I notice the swing rope you have for yours. Do you have a link where to get that one, as most the eBay ones are to small?

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I made mine out of a metal ring and some sisal rope. You can get the metal rings at most craft stores (mine was leftover from the seventies when I did an *awful* lot of macrame). You just wind the rope around the metal, allowing it (the metal) to sort of sink into the twist of the rope. Always wind as tightly as you can and push the ends apart and wind more so the rope is really bunched-up and tight. I used electrical tape to secure the ends, then covered that with a binding of smaller twine.

Alternatively, I *think* you can get the finished ring-swing from China (ebay) if you care to search. HTH. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts