need stove advice please

prtmom

Apr 29, 2010
Hi,
I'm posting everywhere I can. I need to buy a new stove. I understand there can be dangers. I'd like to hear from anyone who has a thought on this subject. I have heard from someone who suggested the back rooms, which might work but is still scary. I don't know how they would react as they move back to their room for the evening - what if the fumes are still there?
Outside is not an option. It's too hot and smoky because of the wildfires. And night is scary - what if a snake or something got in their cages? But what if the fumes are lurking around still during the night?
Then the other side of me says people have to remodel while having birds. Appliances break.... how to handle that.
Any thoughts, experiences, etc would be appreciated.
Thanks
Nanci
:orange::confused:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
No new stove would be safe! Especially the flat top stoves are not safe!!! Try to get one that's approx. 1 years old, most fumes should be burned off by then.

Lokums

Jun 25, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
B&G, Senegal
Just hand scrub the stove. The fumes are from the chemicals they put on the metal when it is cut then built into the stove. Before installing it (or after, just pull it out) scrub with heavy duty soap and water and a brush, rinse with a clean wet washcloth, let dry, then cook away.

If you have another floor in your house with windows you can open, put your birdies there (or an outside aviary) and bake some pies. That gunk gets burned off pretty quickly. Another good place is your garage, don't put the cars there for a couple of days, it is secure and critter free (well most are anyway).

Mike

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Mike,

I still don't trust the scrubbing part. I have ekkies upstairs cause they freak real easy and they don't like my dogs. And I have birds downstairs. I rather be safe then sorry by getting one that's about a year old.

Most Reactions

Latest posts